Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Welcome to the Macross Frontier News Thread

Previous thread: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24672

Notes and Guildlines

• This thread contains spoilers (episode descriptions, magazine info, etc). Don't say we didn't warn you.
  • Please limit your comments to the contents posted in articles, websites, or news reported in this thread. (i.e. Do not post a critique or comment about episodes when this thread covers an article about the series or spend entire pages talking about mecha specifically). Please keep talk of mecha to the Mecha thread and story or episode talk to the Episode thread. Do not cross post.
  • Please remember to post pics as attachments or use a 3rd party image hosting service. DO NOT link directly to image boards like 2ch's image forum or 4chan.org.
  • This thread is for promotional materials only (magazine articles, commercials, website updates etc.). Please do not post any links to episodes or full soundtracks anywhere in the forum.
Useful websites Translation Tools: Image hosting services

Previous post:

I've read it. It's more than a bit silly, it's very silly. Side-story, alternative universe-ish story. I guess it depends on one's individual tastes but I found it not to mine. You're most probably better off saving your money there Graham.

According to the Compendium:

According Macross co-creator Shoji Kawamori, Ranka Lee's hair can move on its own since she is one-quarter Zentradi. There are some types of Zentradi whose parts of their heads move on their own, and some types whose hair moves like antennae. She inherited those genes.

I'm sorry, but that's just... lame. Couldn't he just have left it to anime magic? An interesting way to animate the character's emotions?

To which his reply will be, "my universe, my rules. :p"

Now for some news from the Macross Frontier website.

1) Opening theme "Triangler" will be in stores 4/23.

VTCL-35024 \1,050 yen (tax not included)

2) There will be a mini live event on May 8th and May 9th. May'n is scheduled to be there and will perform the ending theme live.

May'n official website

3) Bandai Channel begins streaming Macross Frontier starting today (4/18).

http://www.b-ch.com

4) Starting May 12, Pizza Hut (sorry, the Japanese franchises only) will begin a limited-time promotional campaign. Details are still coming.

If we find a link to download the single next week, may we post it?

No. But I guarantee it will show up on Tokyo Toshokan. I'll also add it to this week's and next week's episode thread (in the 1st post) when it pops up .

I'd check Nipponsei first, if you're going for the "you found it here first" angle. Of course, a different group might broadcast their rip on Tokyo Toshokan first; Nipponsei, however, I've known for a long time (before it evolved into the powerhouse it is now) and is pretty much tried and true for lossy rips.

Edited by veffidas

4) Starting May 12, Pizza Hut (sorry, the Japanese franchises only) will begin a limited-time promotional campaign. Details are still coming.

BUT I'M HUNGRY NOW!!!! :angry:

Kidding!

Seriously, Macross and food? INSTANT WIN!! Of all the other news, this is the thing I'm looking forward to the most! :lol:

Edited by Renato

To which his reply will be, "my universe, my rules. :p"

Now for some news from the Macross Frontier website.

1) Opening theme "Triangler" will be in stores 4/23.

VTCL-35024 \1,050 yen (tax not included)

2) There will be a mini live event on May 8th and May 9th. May'n is scheduled to be there and will perform the ending theme live.

May'n official website

3) Bandai Channel begins streaming Macross Frontier starting today (4/18).

http://www.b-ch.com

:huh:

So that's what happened to Pizza Hut. ^_^ Heh. its been two episodes already in Code Geass R2 and I haven't seen the Pizza Hut shameless plug. :p I guess Pizza Hut ain't supporting the Rebellion this time around. :lol:

Anyways, azrael are we gonna be seeing Pizza Hut within MF itself like what happened to Season 1 of Code Geass? I'm already ROFL-ing at the prospect of Captain Klan Klein ordering a super-sized pizza. :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

:huh:

So that's what happened to Pizza Hut. ^_^ Heh. its been two episodes already in Code Geass R2 and I haven't seen the Pizza Hut shameless plug. :p I guess Pizza Hut ain't supporting the Rebellion this time around. :lol:

Anyways, azrael are we gonna be seeing Pizza Hut within MF itself like what happened to Season 1 of Code Geass? I'm already ROFL-ing at the prospect of Captain Klan Klein ordering a super-sized pizza. :ph34r:

I think you just missed the subtle plugs that Pizza Hut does in that series. Read the paragraph before the comments at this post from Random Curiosity for a screenshot in the series and a link to a Pizza Hut Japan page that features Code Geass R2.

Pizza Hut is simply playing both sides and getting the best of both worlds.

I think you just missed the subtle plugs that Pizza Hut does in that series. Read the paragraph before the comments at this post from Random Curiosity for a screenshot in the series and a link to a Pizza Hut Japan page that features Code Geass R2.

Pizza Hut is simply playing both sides and getting the best of both worlds.

Wasn't there a Pizza Hut box in Evangelion 1.0 also...? I guess it's the fast food of choice for giant robot pilots.

@veffidas: Rotally missed that. :lol:

@Gubaba: Correction, Pizza Hut is now only the fast food of choice for giant robot pilots but of also the Zentraedi giants. I think. :lol:

Edited by grss1982

I agree completely...I read that and thought..."wait a sec...have we ever seen that before...?" I mean, not including Exsedol's pulsating brain in DYRL...

Hey. Good point on the Ekusadoru's brain thing. Though, I was reminded of the moving antenna from Super Dimension Century Orguss...

I'm sorry, but that's just... lame. Couldn't he just have left it to anime magic? An interesting way to animate the character's emotions?

I actually like it that Kawamori created a reason for Ranka's moving hair.

I always prefer to have an explanation, rather than putting things down to anime magic.

Graham

I always prefer to have an explanation, rather than putting things down to anime magic.

Graham

Except now he has done it by retconning something that hasn't existed once in 25 years of Macross animation. It was something added for effect, its not some plot device that's going to end up saving the entire fleet. Kawamori couldn't even laugh it off, coming up with something like "Space-age hair care product!"

I agree with you man. First the pointy ears and now this. They're a race of warriors for God's sake! :rolleyes:

Except now he has done it by retconning something that hasn't existed once in 25 years of Macross animation. It was something added for effect, its not some plot device that's going to end up saving the entire fleet. Kawamori couldn't even laugh it off, coming up with something like "Space-age hair care product!"

I have to agree. A common hybrid genetic anomaly would make a lot more sense than a dismissive, "Well it's always been that way, didn't you notice?" <_<

Crap...y'all gonna start hunting me down now, ain't ya?

"Space age hair care product," though...I like that. Shades of Five Star Stories. Too bad that's not what's going on.

By the way, I looked at the "Frontier NOW" (OST 1) entry at amazon.co.jp, but there's no track listing yet. It had BETTER have the Nyan-Nyan jingle, though...

Haha, imagine Guvava pulling off an Aisha memory mousse... he'd look like a brown fireball.

No wonder Ranka keeps her hair short... imagine the things she could do with hair like Alto.

As it is, her hair is short enough that its potential is wasted - and it's bunched up too.

Are we sure Kawamori wasn't being sarcastic when he made the hair comment?

I imagine it was likely an "off the cuff" sort of statement.

NT: Her hair certainly moves about on it's own a lot.

SK: Psychic hair. No, wait, Zentradi tentacle hair! [Laughs] Makes about as much sense as anything! [Laughs]

NT: [Laughs]

EL: Into the compendium it goes!

All: [Laughs]

hmmmm..

NT: [puffs on joint]Duuude, her hair moves on it's own a lot!!

SK: Tentacle hair. No wait, Gubaba space age hair gel!!!![Laughs] We'll make a commercial for it with a bunch of gubabas doing the nyan nyan!!!!!

[room full of middle age otakus rofling]

EL: Into the compendium it goes!

sry i was bored.

Crap...y'all gonna start hunting me down now, ain't ya?

[...]

Courage, man! United, we stand!

azrael: come with us!! They'll hunt you too!!!

Graham

Newtype May Issue

Q-NT

A-SK

Q:ランカの髪の毛が動くのはなぜ?

A:ランカ・リーはゼントラーディと地球人のクォーターなんです。ゼントラーディの中には頭の一部が動くタイプや髪の毛をアンテナ状に動かせるタイプもいて、ランカはその遺伝子を受け継いでいるのでしょう

I have a question, Zentradi's hair can move in early Macross Series???

Which? I think I never seen it.

p.s.

REAL Nyan Nyan~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.nyannyan.co.jp/

2008haruranman.jpg

Orz

Edited by kresphy