Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Welcome to the Macross Frontier News Thread

Previous thread: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24318

Notes and Guildlines

• This thread contains spoilers (episode descriptions, magazine info, etc). Don't say we didn't warn you.
  • Please limit your comments to the contents posted in articles, websites, or news reported in this thread. (i.e. Do not post a critique or comment about episodes when this thread covers an article about the series or spend entire pages talking about mecha specifically). Please keep talk of mecha to the Mecha thread and story or episode talk to the Episode thread. Do not cross post.
  • Please remember to post pics as attachments or use a 3rd party image hosting service. DO NOT link directly to image boards like 2ch's image forum or 4chan.org.
  • This thread is for promotional materials only (magazine articles, commercials, website updates etc.). Please do not post any links to episodes or full soundtracks anywhere in the forum.
Useful websites Translation Tools: Image hosting services

I saw some of the Macross Frontier thread on You Tube.It looks impressive.However Mikimoto did the character designs right I don't like flow as much of the original hand drawn.You can really see his unique style.But the story and mech designs are good.I loved the DYRL ending.Is this one where we find out what happens to Hikaru,Misa,and Minmay and the Megaroad.

I saw some of the Macross Frontier thread on You Tube.It looks impressive.However Mikimoto did the character designs right I don't like flow as much of the original hand drawn.You can really see his unique style.But the story and mech designs are good.I loved the DYRL ending.Is this one where we find out what happens to Hikaru,Misa,and Minmay and the Megaroad.
Scratch the Mikimoto comment.I really wished he returned.I love his work.

Scratch the Mikimoto comment.I really wished he returned.I love his work.

Yes, unfortunately, the rumor of Mikimoto's contribution to MF is just that, a rumor. Mikimoto is currently working on a manga, IIRC. It's the same with Miyatake. Miyatake is currently working on My-Otome 0~S.ifr~ OAV. Prior to that he was working on My-Otome Zwei OAV through 2007. So unfortunately, neither one would be available for Frontier.

The thing with Mikimoto, is that he really isn't interested in doing character design anymore. He didn't set up to be a character designer in the first place - it just kinda "happened", but he always pictured himself more of an illustrator than a character designer - that's why he's gradually been doing less and less character design work over the years. Even with Macross 7 he only did the original character design and worked little on the series per se (you can really tell the difference between the actual designs in the series, and the various Macross 7 illustrations he has done himself), and that was still enough work to prevent him for working on Macross Plus (which was the original plan). And yeah he basically became a mangaka now... he's been doing "Gundam - L'Ecole du Ciel" since 2002, and it's still going on to this day... so in any case it would seems unlikely that he would have the time to work on a new Macross TV Series ; admitting he'd even want to.

-Sergorn

There's a new update on the official site (see attached pic).

Can somebody translate please?

Graham

「マクロスF 25周年記念スペシャル デカルチャーエディション」 無料配信開始

No news!!

Macross 25 SP Deculture Edition(it is Episode.01) will begin free broadcast.

http://streaming.yahoo.co.jp/p/t/00066/v03485/

=======================================

080107, 23:02JST

Newtype, Feb. Issue

Dammit!!

Space Monster Vajra(バジュラ)is heterogenous race(異種民族) and life(異種生命体)!!

It is not Mecha!!!!

Who is Brera Sterne in Trailer??

Vajra is his pet?

= =

p.s.

VF-25's main arm is Nuclear Bomb and Gunpod!!!!

主な武装が反応弾とガンポッド。

080107nt00s.jpg

080107nt01s.jpg

080107nt02s.jpg

080107nt03s.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Great. So Ozma has to lure the red monster out and nuke it with a reaction missile. And is it just me or do I see a helmet/visor that can pull down on the armored VF-25's head? ;)

Oh thanks krepshy for the pics. ;)

Edited by wolfx

Very Metal Siren, eh?

That would be the VF-2SS long range visor for the SAP rail gun and it looked stupid back then too... :rolleyes:

If they are not mecha then that definitely throws in a bit of a twist to the story, but that doesn't explain the guns and missiles?

Hoping its a red herring or else I smell another Mac 7 coming... <_<

Edited by Zinjo

「マクロスF 25周年記念スペシャル デカルチャーエディション」 無料配信開始

Dude So wanting hires scans of those pages!!

There are shots of the Armor pack in Battroid, the VF-25 in GERWALK and the various nice shots of the red (hero) VF-25.... :D

There are more than a few Metal Siren fans on there boards.

I have no doubt. I liked the concepts behind the fighter, but was not a fan of its design...

The VF-2 Valyrie II however is another matter... B))

VF-25's main arm is Nuclear Bomb and Gunpod!!!!

Kresphy,

Does the article specifically state “Nuclear” or does it say “Reaction”. I know that technically, they are the same, it’s just that in Macross they are always referred to as “Reaction Weapons”, so this would be a first if the actually call it a nuclear bomb/missile.

Anyway, it makes more sense now why only Ozuma as squadron leader was authorized to launch in the Armored VF-25, whereas the other pilot(s) were only authorized to use Super packs.

Graham

Anybody gonna bet that the nuke won't work?

I'll bet that it works and it will blow up spetacularly too....considering we never quite see reaction missile explosions from closeup in Macross before. :D

Song energy will save the day. Sprinkle a few seeds in it's mouth, get basara to sing, and then the seeds will grow into thorny and very poisonous plants in its stomach to strangle the monster from the inside out causing a violent and cruel death.

UN military will be able to then gather samples of the monster for study in their labs to make bioroids out of the armored pieces and putting the armored pieces on dead zentradi soldiers whos zentradi meat can be reused as undead warriors carrying bombs strapped to their bodies for massed attacks. (songs can resurrect the dead)

With basara's singing the zentradi grow a lot faster and they have an infinite supply of zentradi meat to use for suicide missions. They just got to keep cloning them and using singing to make them grow fast like how basara and sara were able to make the plants heal immediately in past shows. Whereas the bugs will destroy stuff we will use magic to produce stuff with the music. Perhaps flooding the enemies with new biological lifeforms that mutate and adapt to the the environment over time. (think of the poor kid in akira that kept growing and growing and ended up destroying the city, that's how the UNG is able to tap into the god powers of these mayan islanders and make weapons out of them)

That's how I think they could fight the monsters. Use the bugshell as new form of bone armor. Put the bone armor on the dead body of a zentradi, and then use sara's healing magic to bring them to life as an undead soldier that can't die. If the PD could create the vampires which were beaten by feeding them music, we should be allowed to create zombies. (think along the lines of the boomers in bubble gum crisis)

/joke only

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Kresphy,

Does the article specifically state “Nuclear” or does it say “Reaction”. I know that technically, they are the same, it’s just that in Macross they are always referred to as “Reaction Weapons”, so this would be a first if the actually call it a nuclear bomb/missile.

Anyway, it makes more sense now why only Ozuma as squadron leader was authorized to launch in the Armored VF-25, whereas the other pilot(s) were only authorized to use Super packs.

Graham

It says "Reaction".

Great. So Ozma has to lure the red monster out and nuke it with a reaction missile. And is it just me or do I see a helmet/visor that can pull down on the armored VF-25's head? ;)

Oh thanks krepshy for the pics. ;)

wait how is Ozma equiped with a reaction weapon???? And why just blow the red one when you can blow ALL OF THEM, and I do remember seeing more than one red bug I think :huh:

wait how is Ozma equiped with a reaction weapon???? And why just blow the red one when you can blow ALL OF THEM, and I do remember seeing more than one red bug I think :huh:

OK, Mr Red Bug, stand here... And, Mrs Red Bug, you sit here. Now put your arm around her. No the other arm. No the other arm. No the other arm. Alright, now look down, your nose is casting too much shadow. And, now wait for it... Say squeeze! ^_^

Seriously, though... There were 2 red bugs in the attack group, but it looked like they headed off in different directions of the colony ship. Therefore, in order to blow all of them, you'd have to take out the entire Island 1. Besides, being as quick as they were, there never looked like there was a moment where they were all packed together. The only way to get them all with one hit would have been when they launched. Even then, you don't want to go shooting reaction weapons at every unidentified ship that folds in...

So the question is, if Ozama uses the reaction bomb/missile within the city, wouldn't that just irradiate the entire city with nuclear radiation and hence make it unlivable within the city?

Duh. If he uses it of course it will be outside of the colony.

full Barrier system within the city set to autmatically activate on buildings surrounding the area where the fighting is. Easy Then they call in the monster to finish off whatever is left of the unarmored parts of the insect.

If that doesn't work, they lure the insect into a fold booster "cage" using the little girls as bait.. Once is steps inside, lock the insect inside a full barrier, and fold the insect to a random location in space like how ripley managed to flush the queen alien out of the airlock in "Aliens". You might bring the cage with you but you can make new ones. They accidentally did that in SDFM when the fold drives vanished. Repeat that trick on the insect to make it vanish.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

From ANN:

Radio Macross, the talk show dedicated to the Macross anime space opera with transforming robots and pop music, premiered on Japan airwaves this past weekend, and the Onsen website has begun its official streaming of entire episodes online on Tuesday. The radio show is part of the buildup for Macross Frontier, the 25th anniversary series that will air in Japan this April. The show will discusses news about Macross in general and Macross Frontier in particular. Radio Macross joins Onsen's roster of streamed shows, which includes Aria, ToHeart2, Rosario + Vampire, School Days, Mayumi Iizuka, Sky Girls, One Piece, Clannad, and more.

The two hosts of Radio Macross are Megumi Nakajima and Kenta Miyake. In Macross Frontier, Nakajima plays the heroine Ranka Lee, a Chinese restaurant waitress who dreams of meeting her pop idol and becoming a singer herself. Miyake plays the secondary character Bobby Margo, a bridge operator aboard the Macross 25 warship. A 27-minute early cut of Macross Frontier's first episode aired on Japanese television late last month to generally positive reviews.

And here's the link for the broadcast: http://onsen.ag/meta/macross0108.asx

From ANN:

Radio Macross, the talk show dedicated to the Macross anime space opera with transforming robots and pop music, premiered on Japan airwaves this past weekend, and the Onsen website has begun its official streaming of entire episodes online on Tuesday. The radio show is part of the buildup for Macross Frontier, the 25th anniversary series that will air in Japan this April. The show will discusses news about Macross in general and Macross Frontier in particular. Radio Macross joins Onsen's roster of streamed shows, which includes Aria, ToHeart2, Rosario + Vampire, School Days, Mayumi Iizuka, Sky Girls, One Piece, Clannad, and more.

The two hosts of Radio Macross are Megumi Nakajima and Kenta Miyake. In Macross Frontier, Nakajima plays the heroine Ranka Lee, a Chinese restaurant waitress who dreams of meeting her pop idol and becoming a singer herself. Miyake plays the secondary character Bobby Margo, a bridge operator aboard the Macross 25 warship. A 27-minute early cut of Macross Frontier's first episode aired on Japanese television late last month to generally positive reviews.

And here's the link for the broadcast: http://onsen.ag/meta/macross0108.asx

DE KALCHA!!!

omfg.... Bobby really sounds like he takes around Leeron from Gurren Lagann.

I can only make 50% of the conversation due to limited knowledge of japanese...but there was a part where they were explaining the meaning of "DE KALCHA". They mention its an expression of "surprise". But we already know that. :D

Edited by wolfx

Weirdness. I wonder what kind of stuff they talk about? Is it actually worthwhile or is it all just crazy talk?

Usually it's crazy talk. If there are guests on, it will be your standard interviews and stuff. If Megumi Nakajima was on, then I'm guessing the first round of questions will be how she like working in this line of work, yadda yadda yadda.

Radio Macross Show Begins Broadcasting, Web Streaming!

http://onsen.ag/meta/macross0108.asx

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...g-web-streaming

2001607442889874448_rs.jpg

Radio Macross, the talk show dedicated to the Macross anime space opera with transforming robots and pop music, premiered on Japan airwaves this past weekend, and the Onsen website has begun its official streaming of entire episodes online on Tuesday. The radio show is part of the buildup for Macross Frontier, the 25th anniversary series that will air in Japan this April. The show will discusses news about Macross in general and Macross Frontier in particular.