Tell us about the Macross Pannel at the Expo.

I was actually an hour late on this one, as I had a hard time looking for the panel. Once I got there, nothing much happened. Egan Loo and veteran translator Neil Nadelman were hosting the panel. After the discussion, we looked at the rather small merchandise table. Mr. Nadelman handled a 1/48 Valk (VF-1J Max Type) for the first time and he was very impressed by it.

I met up with Commander McBride, Bob_Coffee, >EXO< and Bobe-Patt. Hopefully, we'll meet again next week.

Why was the PS2 game footage being shown, are they going to release the game in North America? That'd be way cool although I doubt it's gonna happen.

Unless it comes under the RT label...I doubt it. Egan has a way of getting footage of various Macross stuff that other people don't have. Most of the time, he just shows his homemade screencaps.

The PS2 game was simply there for the fans to get a look at the gameplay, the opening cut-scene and have a chance to play it on the DLP projector screen. It was not a preview for a US release.

In hindsight, I should have brought my tape recorder, but I left it in my hotel room.

A good panel. Not as many table items on display as last year, but some goodies nonetheless. I got to meet and talk with Exo and briefly shook hands with Egan.

Overall a good panel.

that macross game has been out for a long time, i've had it for a couple of months now, the only trick it you need to chip or mod your ps2 to play it here, other than that, its really easy to order it online.

(i have a japanese ps2, thats why i can play it)

its a great game and kills battlecry ;)

that macross game has been out for a long time, i've had it for a couple of months now, the only trick it you need to chip or mod your ps2 to play it here, other than that, its really easy to order it online.

(i have a japanese ps2, thats why i can play it)

its a great game and kills battlecry ;)

Hate to say this.....

I was kinda disappointed with the PS2 game though. Sure it had a better story , graphics and sound fx than battlecry..... but the action was lacking. It felt more of a shooting gallery to me. Lock...fire missles.....if enemy gets too close, change to battroid, auto lock and gunpod their asses as they fly pass and shoot down missles with lasers and dodge incoming fire.

But Battlecry at least had more variation, IMHO (despite some annoyingly hard and tideous missions) and they did better with the advantages and variations in the mode changes. Boss battles were also challenging and fun to play.

My 2 cents....

*runs from lynch mob*