Need a good source for scribing templates

Grayson72

You may find something at a local art store. I have picked up stencils that will have tiny rectangle shapes in them for precision drawing, which would be good for mecha maintenace hatches and panels. The only drawback is that most of them are plastic so if you are using a exacto blade for scribing it may cut into the plastic. There is also an item called an erasing shield made of thin metal that might be good for scribing that you can find at an art store too.

Ebay will also have 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft templates that pop up on there.

You may find something at a local art store. I have picked up stencils that will have tiny rectangle shapes in them for precision drawing, which would be good for mecha maintenace hatches and panels. The only drawback is that most of them are plastic so if you are using a exacto blade for scribing it may cut into the plastic. There is also an item called an erasing shield made of thin metal that might be good for scribing that you can find at an art store too.

Ebay will also have 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft templates that pop up on there.

Hey thanks, maybe I should search under stencils instead, duh :lol:

Try HobbySearch (1999.co.jp). They carry the same ones, but they keep much better stock than HLJ. Do a search for 'templet' and you'll find a few good ones.

You should also pick up Tritool's 'modeling scriber'. It's probably the best scribe tool I've found to date, and it's PERFECT for use with those templates.

The 'Line Engraver' tools are great too, but they're better for scribing straight lines.

Try HobbySearch (1999.co.jp). They carry the same ones, but they keep much better stock than HLJ. Do a search for 'templet' and you'll find a few good ones.

You should also pick up Tritool's 'modeling scriber'. It's probably the best scribe tool I've found to date, and it's PERFECT for use with those templates.

The 'Line Engraver' tools are great too, but they're better for scribing straight lines.

Now that was a good reference, thanks so much!

Here ya go:

An erasing template for a whopping 99 cents.

http://www.artsuppliesonline.com/catalog.cfm?cata_id=1706

If you're looking for something that has more complex patterns such as access hatch patterns, you can get either a 1/48 or 1/72 scribing template from Verlinden.

http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/Verlin...temVER-281.html

Felix