G1 Trandsformers

Anubis

I'm trying to figure out how much the transformers I have in storage are worth, but can't find a useful guide to determine how complete they are, and how much they would be worth accordinly.

I'm going to organize them and pack them up nicely when I eventually can, no time right now.

I might sell some down the line but many I'm keeping. I just want to know how much $$$ is in these boxes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction online or in the bookstore?

I really need to clean these guys up. Later in the summer I will hopefully.

For now at least I want to be prepared for when I tally up what has all it's parts and what doesn't so I can add it all up for curiosity.

Edit: yeah I know I misspelled transformers in the title <_< .

post-26-1088184376_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Fort Max is in surprisingly awesome shape. No Spike though. Lost him as a kid.

post-26-1088184498_thumb.jpg

I have a bag with what looks like all his parts. Can't tell for sure yet though.

I also need a link to a page with catalog scans so I can ID who's who again, please.

post-26-1088184689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I've found I get my most realistic pricing info by looking at completed auctions on eBay. Just click on Search Options>Completed Listings after you search current auctions on similar toys.

Can't beat real market info. People always tend to be disappointed (or occasionally pleasantly surprised) with reality VS. price guides.

Yeah, I have a trypticon in there. Still walks, but no accessories I think. I also have Aerialbots, Stunticons, Seacons, Technobots, and Terrorcons in there. Hopefully I have all the parts. I was pretty good about that as a kid, but given I have transformers missing (can't find Cyclonus for example) some parts may have disappeared as well.

That tfu.info site is awesome. That'll be very useful.

And thanks for the tip, Blaine. That's not a bad idea to see there.

Edited by Anubis

Nice collection! if you ever decide to sell or even trade, I'll be interested in the monstructor, rodimus prime, and maybe some others. Anyway, prices always change with transformers as the reissues do quite some damage to the older stuff. So there is no accurate pricing for these. Here's a site I just found that has prices based on what the guy has dealt with in person, ebay, and other sources.

Price guide

So don't take these prices seriously as some of these prices are waaay too much for what they should be. ;):p:D:lol:

Fort Max is in surprisingly awesome shape.  No Spike though.  Lost him as a kid.

Hey Anubis, if you are willing to sell this particular TF I'd like to have first dibs! Let me know, and also LMK if you have any of the other accessories with it (Spike is no loss for me). Buy or trade (though I probably won't have anything you'd want).

Edited by VF-2SS-BloodPhoenix

Fort Max is in surprisingly awesome shape.  No Spike though.  Lost him as a kid.

Hey Anubis, if you are willing to sell this particular TF I'd like to have first dibs! Let me know, and also LMK if you have any of the other accessories with it (Spike is no loss for me). Buy or trade (though I probably won't have anything you'd want).

I will be buried with my Fort Max. It's not even yellowed.

That's my little holy grail transformer. If only I had spike, he might just be complete.

Took me a bit, but I finally found galvatron's arm cannon, all 3 peices.

What's wierd about my missing Cyclonus is I still have the Targetmaster gun from him, just not cyclonus. Need to fish through my brother's old toy boxes as well one of these days. Might be hidden among all the DBZ and comic heroes.

CAN'T FIND SOUNDWAVE EITHER :(:angry:

Once I get the combiners organized completely I'll verify their parts and take some pics.

Anyone know where I can get a Spike for my Fort Max?

Edited by Anubis

oh man, you ready to shell out some money for one? Spike can reach about 100 bucks on ebay. I've seen it before. Lowest I've seen him for is like 50 bucks. Same goes for cerebros. At the botcon, some guy was crazy enough to piece together his fort max. He hit up every vendor and bought all the parts that he needed, which was almost everything! From the guns on the knees to the clear green cover on the shoulder. He must've spent like 300+ on those parts alone. Crazy foo I tell ya. Anyway, I was doing some trading with the one vendor and I came across the spike figure. He was selling for 40 bucks which was pretty surprising to me. But I don't know if he still has it. I'll email him to find out. Good luck finding one for cheap. :p:D:lol:

oh man, you ready to shell out some money for one? Spike can reach about 100 bucks on ebay. I've seen it before. Lowest I've seen him for is like 50 bucks. Same goes for cerebros. At the botcon, some guy was crazy enough to piece together his fort max. He hit up every vendor and bought all the parts that he needed, which was almost everything! From the guns on the knees to the clear green cover on the shoulder. He must've spent like 300+ on those parts alone. Crazy foo I tell ya. Anyway, I was doing some trading with the one vendor and I came across the spike figure. He was selling for 40 bucks which was pretty surprising to me. But I don't know if he still has it. I'll email him to find out. Good luck finding one for cheap. :p:D:lol:

:o:o:o

That little thing for 40-50 bucks?!?!

Damn.

Maybe on a slow month I might consider it, if I can verify I have all the other parts.

Might be worth it to complete it if that's all I'm missing.

Edit: OMG I just found one of ebay for 75 bucks. No way for that much for that little thing. I'd rather leave him 95% complete. :(

Edited by Anubis

Oh man & you just dug those out of you're basement... You've shot down what I've thought was a nice decent collection of mine with in a few minutes I envy that collection big time

Taking that max with you eh! :D I like!

Oh ya I gota agree people pay stupid prices for some stuff I wouldn't be one of them even if I had the cash I'd just wait for a nice new reissuse or never own the figure :D

Oh man me want! Why couldn't I be rich rather than handsom:(

Edited by Synch