Yamato Bepop Figures

EXO

I think the problem with Faye is her hair. It makes her head look too big which makes her face seem too small.

yeah i think that's the problem too...that's why i'll get julia and not faye...unless yamato fixes this problem...

oh well...i've seen worse figures...remember the banpresto figure of faye from a few years ago? now that thing was FUGLY!

Being the diehard Bebop fan I am (and seeing how little merchandise there is out there for this outstanding show... just more proof that it is simple to sell geeks a robot but hard to sell figures) I will have to get these...

... the poses and sculpts are a bit off though, they appear to be more "fanservice" sculpted rather than "from the show" sculpted. After all, if they featured sculpts from the show then Faye would have to be either tied up, running away, or piloting her monopod and Juila would be... well... shot in the back and dead on the rooftop. :unsure:

Edit: oh and I hope that Faye is not glued to her chair, that way I can have her "sit" on the base of the stand for her monopod kit I have... either that or just sick everyone out and put her on a toy toilet... just like her first episode! :ph34r:

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Whoa, $29 bucks per figure?

Any idea how big these are? I'd hate to shell out near $30 bucks, and have them be CM's Figure size. (OK, so I paid that much for my series 1 Hikaru and Minmay, but that don't count!!! :lol: )

And anyone who thinks that the Faye figure is fanservice driven is absolutely RIGHT. Faye IS fanservice, she is the most bodacious character ever to grace the anime screen by far. The only one who takes the cake from Faye is that drunken slurm Misato from Evangelion. :lol:

Meh...when will someone make some good Bebop figures? That 'Faye' reminds me more of cosplay than it does the character.

For as popular as Bebop is I'm surprised there has yet to be a decent line that has all the major characters and some of the secondary characters and villians. They don't even need Marvel Legends articulation or anything, just enough to be serviceable. Gimme something to work with here. :ph34r:

Being the diehard Bebop fan I am (and seeing how little merchandise there is out there for this outstanding show...

Ya there's hardly any good Cowboy Bebop merchandise. The Bandai figures were junk. Both Spike dolls from Medicom were crap. I own the first and its collecting dust. He looks like a deranged clown. The Kaiyodo Spike figure was crap. My wife has the Ein stufed animal, Ed & Ein Plush doll and the vinyl Ein figure. Those are just in the "Eh" category to me. These new figures look alright. The pose for Julia is kind of out of character I think.

just more proof that it is simple to sell geeks a robot but hard to sell figures)

Very true. The only non-mech series that I can think of that seems to have alot of figures made for it is Berserk. I own 13 myself.. not including the minifigures..Those figures don't exactly sell by the truck load but they sell enough and they are a tad expensive. I remember when Bandai started releasing character figures from Gundam 0079..they ended up in the clearance bin a TRU for 2.00

Being the diehard Bebop fan I am (and seeing how little merchandise there is out there for this outstanding show...

Ya there's hardly any good Cowboy Bebop merchandise. The Bandai figures were junk. Both Spike dolls from Medicom were crap. I own the first and its collecting dust. He looks like a deranged clown. The Kaiyodo Spike figure was crap. My wife has the Ein stufed animal, Ed & Ein Plush doll and the vinyl Ein figure. Those are just in the "Eh" category to me. These new figures look alright. The pose for Julia is kind of out of character I think.

just more proof that it is simple to sell geeks a robot but hard to sell figures)

Very true. The only non-mech series that I can think of that seems to have alot of figures made for it is Berserk. I own 13 myself.. not including the minifigures..Those figures don't exactly sell by the truck load but they sell enough and they are a tad expensive. I remember when Bandai started releasing character figures from Gundam 0079..they ended up in the clearance bin a TRU for 2.00

How about the anime Bandai line with the Swordfish toy? I kinda wanted to get that.

the bandai swordfish2 is awesome, i have it, only thing is the wingtip are a pretty soft pvc so eventually they droop slightly but u can bend them back after a quick dip in hot water but its got proper landing gear, the engine flexes and rotates, the wings fold up for landed mode, the cannon rotates

they're nice, i think, but i can't see buying them. 25.00 for statues? even nice ones? hell McFarlane makes a mean statue figure, but they only cost 10.00. Articulation and guns would make them better. Marvel Legends articulation would make them kick ass.... :lol:

I really like the second 12" Spike figure from Medicom, although the head is a little small. I think the Kaiyodo figure is alright too, but everything else is pretty much crap. I guess there is that one really nice looking Faye figure from Volks but it's so rare that it might as well not exist.

post-26-1087996313_thumb.jpg

they're nice, i think, but i can't see buying them. 25.00 for statues? even nice ones? hell McFarlane makes a mean statue figure, but they only cost 10.00. Articulation and guns would make them better. Marvel Legends articulation would make them kick ass.... :lol:

I think the sculpt is decent but I can agree that the price is ridiculous. What's up with Yamato and their figure pricing? At least they didn't do sets with a chase figure. The females in the Marvel Legends line are hideous. The Elektra figure is probably the worst toy there is. I can't see why anyone would choose to make a toy ugly just to keep up the articulation count.

I hope they come out with decent toys of the ships in Bebop. Not just the Swordfish but the Red Tail and the Hammerhead.

did anybody pick up that one swordfish made by bandai? It was like in a big box and cost 99.99. I saw it back in 2002 expo and wanted to pick it up. It was the most detailed swordfish ever and it was pretty heavy.

The females in the Marvel Legends line are hideous. The Elektra figure is probably the worst toy there is. I can't see why anyone would choose to make a toy ugly just to keep up the articulation count.

yeah, i agree. the Elektra is hideous. i did, however, like the Rogue figure that was included in the X-Men Boxed set. it looks pretty nice, i guess maybe because her jacket covers all the ugly articulation points.