Good news for fans of Puss in Boots (from RottenTomatoes.com):

Variety reports that DreamWorks is working on a direct-to-video movie starring Shrek 2's kitty cat, Puss in Boots. Ed Decter and John Strauss have been hired to write the script, with Antonio Banderas likely to return to do the voice. If the project goes well, it may receive a theatrical release like Pixar's Toy Story 2, which began life also as a direct-to-video release. Since its release on May 19, Shrek 2 is the highest grossing film of the year so far and 3rd on the all time list, behind Titanic and Star Wars. It has grossed $440.9M since its release."

shrek2.jpg

:o by the way Kin where do you keep getting all these cool animated avatars? Edited by zeo-mare

:o by the way Kin where do you keep getting all these cool animated avatars?

Isn't things like this better done over PM?

Anyways, Puss-in-Boots have always seemed... extraneous to me. I don't think he was necessary. Sure, the thing is cute, and there's some fun stuff happening with him, but I don't think taking him away would have made the movie any less enjoyable.

The thing I have a real problem with is his joining Shrek and Donkey. That was just too convenient.