I'm ready for Yamato to make the SDF-1

Armor

Whats the difference between the DRYL and TV version?

Ay1 care to enlighten?

thanks

DYRL/2040 re-fit

The shoulders are diffrent, the railguns are mounted in, instead of on them.

The head doesn't separate in two parts in cruiser mode

The bridge is diffrent.

ARMD carriers replace the Prometheus and Daedelus

The bow was slightly re designed.

It's slightly shorter

The "feet" are a little diffrent

It's shades of grey instead of blue and white

There's all kinds of other little design tweaks here and there.

Here's a pic of the two of them...

By refit they meant that they rebuilt the whole thing on the same exact spot that the old one was on. :lol:

By refit they meant that they rebuilt the whole thing on the same exact spot that the old one was on. :lol:

Sort of like the USS Constellation, originally built in 1797, then "rebuilt" in 1854...Congress wouldn't allocate funds for a new ship, so the Navy took the old one into Gosport Navy Yard for "repairs", broke it up, and used some of the timbers to build a new ship with the same name. Officially, it was the same ship since it had never been stricken from the Naval Register.

(I really hate to admit it, because I love that ship and take pride in the fact that the original frigate was built in my home town. I take some consolation in the fact that the new ship is the only surviving warship of its type, while 18th century warships are already represented by the Constitution and the Victory.)

Okay, I'll try this again :) . . . why did they refit it? They sure seemed to put a lot of resources into what essentially appears to be a monument in a lake.

You'd think that if they refit it, they'd send it out into the galaxy to explore or defend. Rather than just standing mutely over the city.

Or is it there to defend the city? Was it intended to eventually return to space?

H

Okay, I'll try this again  :)  . . . why did they refit it?  They sure seemed to put a lot of resources into what essentially appears to be a monument in a lake.

You'd think that if they refit it, they'd send it out into the galaxy to explore or defend.  Rather than just standing mutely over the city.

Or is it there to defend the city?  Was it intended to eventually return to space?

H

Well it is the UN HQ. I guess not fixing it would be like not fixing the Pentagon after that plane flew into it. And it's original task was to defend Earth, and being the HQ it doesn't have to be in orbit with the fleet.

That, and before Kamujin rammed it, it's clearly seen better days.

Edited by Druna Skass

Okay, I'll try this again :) . . . why did they refit it?

You could get a big old continuity based answer...

But it's probably because with the movie animation they wanted a newer, more detailed design because they could afford better animation, etc.

Same reason there's different valks in DYRL as well... because that's what movie versions are all about. ;)

Okay, I'll try this again  :)  . . . why did they refit it?

You could get a big old continuity based answer...

Yeah, old timers may recall my topic on this subject on the old boards. While there's no real *official* answer, there was plenty of speculation...

- the UN Spacy rebuilt it with the intention of returning it to service, but ended up mothballing it

- the UN Spacy rebuilt it explicitely for use as an earth-based HQ

- the UN Spacy rebuilt it as a monument/symbol

Okay, I'll try this again  :)  . . . why did they refit it?

Well, it did lift off again in Macross II also but it was blown to hell with only the bridge remaining by the Marduks... but that was post DYRL / FB2012 / Macross Plus by the timeline.

Oh wait, thats not canon...

My money is with Blaine23 on this one. Cooler animation, updates and etc...

and before we get off topic again, Yamato, I would love to have both versions and at least 2 of each to pose in Cruiser and Storm Attacker mode!

Edited by Neova

If anyone's interested, I just calculated that at 1/3000 scale, a Monster is about 1/2" (1.37 cm) long. So tiny little (transforming?) Valks may not be practical, but Monsters would be. So add this as a feature. Plus a Daedalus whose bow opens up.