Low Vis on ebay

Skull Hunter

I've been looking for the past few days on ebay for a low vis, and the strange thing is that there haven't been any. About a week ago, they were just popping up one after the other. Now, I guess everyone is just holding on to it waiting for the value to go up.

Or maybe there is going to be a reissue that we don't know about? Graham? Most unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Any thoughts? B))

probably cause the people who want them got them and the people who have them(like me) have no desire to part with them. Godzilla has 5 of them and could easily go on a nice vacation if he sold 4 of them but he won't cause the low viz is just too friggin fresh to just sell off...no matter what the price tag....well maybe. ;)

what i'd like to know is why doesn't yamato release a 1J and 1S low-viz? they got the molds and they know it would sell so whats the hold up? it would still keep the 1A LV in the "limited edition" status and yamato would make bank if they released these.....

yamato? anyone?

not every one is hard core macross fans and will buy EVERY thing yamato pumps out. if they release low viz vf-1Js and vf1-Ss. people may ignore gbp armor and vf-0s and buy the released low viz valks. another thing is that they may only have a few plants and setting up the molds takes time.

I love collecting Macross items, but I honestly can't afford everything that comes out. What I don't want to miss out on is things that are in demand and gain great value in a short period of time like the low vis. Now I regret not getting one in the beginning. It's just hard to determine whether something will be worth something or even decrease in value.

Another example is the Robotech Bookends. When I first saw the price, I was like what a rip off! I mean $150 was pretty steep for some bookends, but then they started becoming rare and now go for as much as $400 in a matter of months. That's insane. I wish that we could know these things ahead of time.

not every one is hard core macross fans and will buy EVERY thing yamato pumps out. if they release low viz vf-1Js and vf1-Ss. people may ignore gbp armor and vf-0s and buy the released low viz valks. another thing is that they may only have a few plants and setting up the molds takes time.

i doubt another low viz will be made. you could find them dirt cheap injapan. lest then 90 bcuks. no interest in japan == no product.

not every one is hard core macross fans and will buy EVERY thing yamato pumps out.  if they release low viz vf-1Js and vf1-Ss.  people may ignore gbp armor and vf-0s and buy the released low viz valks.  another thing is that  they may only have a few plants and setting up the molds takes time.

i doubt another low viz will be made. you could find them dirt cheap injapan. lest then 90 bcuks. no interest in japan == no product.

I heard that they were hard to find anywhere. Even in Japan.

if they are 90 bucks oin japan how come you do not see more auctions ebay or yahoo japan. heck monkey nugget is very entreprenul he would jump at a chance to sell low viz s at a 300 % profit.

fact is back in january they were scarce in japan. monkey tried to get a few for people here in the states and if i recall correctly his supplier fell through

if they are 90 bucks oin japan how come you do not see more auctions ebay or yahoo japan. heck monkey nugget is very entreprenul he would jump at a chance to sell low viz s at a 300 % profit.

fact is back in january they were scarce in japan. monkey tried to get a few for people here in the states and if i recall correctly his supplier fell through

yup, abotu 12 doods got hooked up.... :(

i know i wanted another but thought it would be unfair if i got 2 while another member was praying to get just one so i waited and the project came to a close. :(

if they are 90 bucks oin japan how come you do not see more auctions ebay or yahoo japan.  heck monkey nugget is very entreprenul  he would jump at a chance to sell low viz s at a 300 % profit.

fact is back in january they were scarce in japan.  monkey tried to get a few for people here in the states  and if i recall correctly his supplier fell through

they where a limited run. Most of them where probbaly exported. You do know what limited run means right?

you have to realize the low viz is not scarse because it sold well. it is scarce ebcaue there where very few made. if it was made in the same number as other varients it would still be avalable at retail.

as far as the ebay thing.

$280.00

$255

Edited by Ali Sama

The boat has officially been missed on the low-viz. Had my chance to buy it normally last year, blew it, now I'll just wait for what's next.

I love collecting Macross items, but I honestly can't afford everything that comes out. What I don't want to miss out on is things that are in demand and gain great value in a short period of time like the low vis. Now I regret not getting one in the beginning. It's just hard to determine whether something will be worth something or even decrease in value.

Another example is the Robotech Bookends. When I first saw the price, I was like what a rip off! I mean $150 was pretty steep for some bookends, but then they started becoming rare and now go for as much as $400 in a matter of months. That's insane. I wish that we could know these things ahead of time.

Do you mind if I ask you a question?

Why do you care whether or not a toy is worth a bunch to collectors?

I mean, if you want to buy something, hope it appreciates in value, then turn around and sell it - you should probably get into the stock market, not toys.

If $150 seems like too much for bookends when they come out... why would you want them if they're $400 now? Now they're really overpriced.

I don't get the intention that you are trying to buy toys to make money... I think that you just hate not having something that has appreciated in value... which is silly, really. Buy what you like, who cares if it goes up in value if you don't plan on selling it?

I know it's easy to get some sort of a thrill out of buying a valk at $100, then seeing others pay twice or three times as much for it - but that's fleeting and it doesn't really make the toy on your shelf any better or worse because of it.

It's just my opinion, but you'll be a lot happier in the long run if you don't care about all that crap.

if you do it for the love of the show then it should not matter. Honestly it is scalpers and collecters who raise the values of stuff.

I love collecting Macross items, but I honestly can't afford everything that comes out.  What I don't want to miss out on is things that are in demand and gain great value in a short period of time like the low vis.  Now I regret not getting one in the beginning.  It's just hard to determine whether something will be worth something or even decrease in value. 

Another example is the Robotech Bookends.  When I first saw the price, I was like what a rip off!  I mean $150 was pretty steep for some bookends, but then they started becoming rare and now go for as much as $400 in a matter of months.  That's insane.  I wish that we could know these things ahead of time.

Do you mind if I ask you a question?

Why do you care whether or not a toy is worth a bunch to collectors?

I mean, if you want to buy something, hope it appreciates in value, then turn around and sell it - you should probably get into the stock market, not toys.

If $150 seems like too much for bookends when they come out... why would you want them if they're $400 now? Now they're really overpriced.

I don't get the intention that you are trying to buy toys to make money... I think that you just hate not having something that has appreciated in value... which is silly, really. Buy what you like, who cares if it goes up in value if you don't plan on selling it?

I know it's easy to get some sort of a thrill out of buying a valk at $100, then seeing others pay twice or three times as much for it - but that's fleeting and it doesn't really make the toy on your shelf any better or worse because of it.

It's just my opinion, but you'll be a lot happier in the long run if you don't care about all that crap.

Your opinions do make some sense. I collect toys because I like them, and if they happen to increase in value than great, if not, than oh well. What I don't like is when you buy something, and paid full price for it, only to find out that it went down in price almost by half a short period later. I feel that I didn't get a good deal because I could've saved some money. The thing that makes me upset is that I wish that I knew this before hand so that I could wait, but of course that is not realistic.

I have waited on certain items for the price to fall, only to find out that it is in demand and has actually gone up in price. I'm the type of person where it bums me out if I could've gotten a better deal on something, or if I miss out on something, that's all. So I'm just expressing my feelings on what I've experienced , and thought I could share it freely in this forum, and wondered if anyone else felt this way.

I love collecting Macross items, but I honestly can't afford everything that comes out.  What I don't want to miss out on is things that are in demand and gain great value in a short period of time like the low vis.  Now I regret not getting one in the beginning.  It's just hard to determine whether something will be worth something or even decrease in value. 

Another example is the Robotech Bookends.  When I first saw the price, I was like what a rip off!  I mean $150 was pretty steep for some bookends, but then they started becoming rare and now go for as much as $400 in a matter of months.  That's insane.  I wish that we could know these things ahead of time.

if you do it for the love of the show then it should not matter. Honestly it is scalpers and collecters who raise the values of stuff.

Scalpers and collectors rais the value?! Anybody who buys them raises the value because the numbers get lower and lower. I dont see how you can scalp valks, non (except the low vis) are rare or short printed like certain action figures. I dont think people bought 20 low vis at $100ea hoping they will rais in value to sell later, I think most were suprised when prices started to jump. Some people belive that if you dont "play" with your toys you are in it for the money. Everybody who has somthing of value takes pride in that, why wouldnt you?

Your opinions do make some sense. I collect toys because I like them, and if they happen to increase in value than great, if not, than oh well. What I don't like is when you buy something, and paid full price for it, only to find out that it went down in price almost by half a short period later. I feel that I didn't get a good deal because I could've saved some money. The thing that makes me upset is that I wish that I knew this before hand so that I could wait, but of course that is not realistic.

I have waited on certain items for the price to fall, only to find out that it is in demand and has actually gone up in price. I'm the type of person where it bums me out if I could've gotten a better deal on something, or if I miss out on something, that's all. So I'm just expressing my feelings on what I've experienced , and thought I could share it freely in this forum, and wondered if anyone else felt this way.

Hey feel free to share your feelings - nobody likes it when they realize they paid more than they could have if they'd waited... but it happens to all of us, so don't let it get you down.

Sometimes it works out in your favor to wait, sometimes it don't... I usually tell myself that if I didn't want the toy enough to pay full price for it when it came out, then I obviously don't want it more now that it's gone up in value.

The tricky part is ignoring that little demon in your head that says, "buy everything! You want everything!" :lol:;)

Scalpers and collectors rais the value?! Anybody who buys them raises the value because the numbers get lower and lower. I dont see how you can scalp valks, non (except the low vis) are rare or short printed like certain action figures. I dont think people bought 20 low vis at $100ea hoping they will rais in value to sell later, I think most were suprised when prices started to jump. Some people belive that if you dont "play" with your toys you are in it for the money. Everybody who has somthing of value takes pride in that, why wouldnt you?

when numbers are low they sell high to make a profit. this is scalping.

No, that is supply & demand and making a little money by selling a product that just happen to rais in value. Scalping is going to TRU, Target and every store in your area, picking all the 1 per case figures off the shelf and put them on Ebay for five times the price. I forgot who I bought mine from but Im sure he did not buy 5 of them and hold them and hoped the price went up.

Your opinions do make some sense.  I collect toys because I like them, and if they happen to increase in value than great, if not, than oh well.  What I don't like is when you buy something, and paid full price for it, only to find out that it went down in price almost by half a short period later.  I feel that I didn't get a good deal because I could've saved some money.  The thing that makes me upset is that I wish that I knew this before hand so that I could wait, but of course that is not realistic. 

I have waited on certain items for the price to fall, only to find out that it is in demand and has actually gone up in price.  I'm the type of person where it bums me out if I could've gotten a better deal on something, or if I miss out on something, that's all.  So I'm just expressing my feelings on what I've experienced , and thought I could share it freely in this forum, and wondered if anyone else felt this way.

Hey feel free to share your feelings - nobody likes it when they realize they paid more than they could have if they'd waited... but it happens to all of us, so don't let it get you down.

Sometimes it works out in your favor to wait, sometimes it don't... I usually tell myself that if I didn't want the toy enough to pay full price for it when it came out, then I obviously don't want it more now that it's gone up in value.

The tricky part is ignoring that little demon in your head that says, "buy everything! You want everything!" :lol:;)

I'm sure that we all know that demon all too well. It's name is Yamato! :p

how is that not scalping? regular msrp was what 14800 yen? and they sold it how high on ebvay? to me that is scalping its the exact same thing as buiying something limited and selling it for more than it was worth. low viz was limited and certainly "RARE" selling MPC VF-1 for 250$? BAM scalping! oh yea that didnt come one to case now did it?

no matter what people want to say, the toy is only worth what the next person who wants it is willing to pay for it. so the low-viz could be worth $300 now but 2 months from now this could all change, right? i.e. Joke Machines.

so, you never really know whats gonna happen, not that any of this matters anyway. i don't buy toys with the thought of price going up, i buy them cause i like them.

i have a low-viz but if i didn't, i surely wouldn't pay $200 for it, let alone $300. its not because i'm not a "true collector" but because i already have a problem paying $120+ for any of these valks, so why would i pay $300??? but thats just me, if you got the loot, i say go for it! i don't hate, i don't discriminate. let everyone live how they wanna live i say! :p

back on topic,

limited or not, they could do limited runs for a 1J and 1S in the LV paint scheme and make that much more money from the same molds/sculpts....atleast thats what any smart business man would do.

Its not scalping if the price raises gradually and then you decide to sell, it took the low vis months to raise in value. This is scalping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3189864033&rd=1

Taking newly released hot items and jacking the price up.

hey i that call it enterprising. ;)

thats just like you walking into a ferrari dealership. its not like they're forcing you to pay $300K for a 308, thats just the price they're asking for it. are they then scapling since they have 50 more in the lot? if you don't have the funds or don't think its worth it, theres always the next guy.

in this seller's case, hes waiting for that next guy and usually that next guy is called a "sucker". and as they say, theres a new sucker born everyday. :lol:

i should do the same thing now you mention it. i should be able to pick these up on clearance for next to nothing. ;)

no matter what people want to say, the toy is only worth what the next person who wants it is willing to pay for it. so the low-viz could be worth $300 now but 2 months from now this could all change, right? i.e. Joke Machines.

so, you never really know whats gonna happen, not that any of this matters anyway. i don't buy toys with the thought of price going up, i buy them cause i like them.

i have a low-viz but if i didn't, i surely wouldn't pay $200 for it, let alone $300. its not because i'm not a "true collector" but because i already have a problem paying $120+ for any of these valks, so why would i pay $300??? but thats just me, if you got the loot, i say go for it! i don't hate, i don't discriminate. let everyone live how they wanna live i say! :p

back on topic,

limited or not, they could do limited runs for a 1J and 1S in the LV paint scheme and make that much more money from the same molds/sculpts....atleast thats what any smart business man would do.

your assuming it was popular in japan. it;s not. 1/48 low viz is sellign well int he usa not japan. you can;t find it in yahoo japan. if it was in demand people woudl sell it. just like here. their not. yamaot did their low viz to appease the small nich fandom it had. get it trhough your thick skulls. Yamato does not give a Sh*t about the usa or europe market's opinion as they can't sell to us as far as the macross products are concerned.

if they are 90 bucks oin japan how come you do not see more auctions ebay or yahoo japan.  heck monkey nugget is very entreprenul  he would jump at a chance to sell low viz s at a 300 % profit.

fact is back in january they were scarce in japan.  monkey tried to get a few for people here in the states  and if i recall correctly his supplier fell through

they where a limited run. Most of them where probbaly exported. You do know what limited run means right?

you have to realize the low viz is not scarse because it sold well. it is scarce ebcaue there where very few made. if it was made in the same number as other varients it would still be avalable at retail.

$280.00

$255

DUH i know it was a limited run, let me explain it s l o w e r MY point is if the low viz iwas success full, if Yamato was ever going to make more, Wether they were Vf-1s, Vf-1js Vf-1d, or hell a even low viz ve-1 it would sell. that it would hurt the sales of other macross items. And that may be the reason we do not see any more lo viz products. it is called a Theory and is NOT debatable. and frankly you are wasting your time and MINE doing so.

And if you think about it, Yamato does keep an eye here at macross world. they also probably keep an eye on the auction sites. and they notice the auctions going for double and triple the price. and they probably wish they had more.

Edited by buddhafabio

$280.00

$255

DUH i know it was a limited run, let me explain it s l o w e r MY point is if the low viz iwas success full, if Yamato was ever going to make more, Wether they were Vf-1s, Vf-1js Vf-1d, or hell a even low viz ve-1 it would sell. that it would hurt the sales of other macross items. And that may be the reason we do not see any more lo viz products. it is called a Theory and is NOT debatable. and frankly you are wasting your time and MINE doing so.

And if you think about it, Yamato does keep an eye here at macross world. they also probably keep an eye on the auction sites. and they notice the auctions going for double and triple the price. and they probably wish they had more.

you can debate theories. it wont; hurt anything.

your making a few assumtions.

1: low viz sold well in japan (it did not)

2: low viz is popular in japan (it is not, if it was it would be relrealsed)

a: 1/48s which where epopular where relreased.

3: new low viz woudl take away from othe rmacross products. (if the current one with

it's scaringly high prices does not do that anothe realease will not either)

Assuming they relase another.

you would get a few japanes ebuyers. alot of peoepl buyign trhoguh hlj and other driect form japan places from europe and usa. then you have the guys from singapour hk malasia whowill hourd these and wait for a few months and amake a killing selling it to the dumb americans(aka us), who think just becaue a vf has panel lining and is grey itis the second coming.

face it. the only market yamato realy has for alow viz is america. The japesne are jsut too gundam crazy and cannon crazy to care for a low viz.

Edited by Ali Sama

your making a few assumtions.

1: low viz sold well in japan  (it did not)

2: low  viz is popular in japan (it is not, if it was it would be relrealsed)

1: 1/48s which where epopular where relreased.

3: new low viz woudl take away from othe rmacross products. (if the current one with 

it's scaringly high prices does not do that  anothe realease will not either)

:blink: dude, what kind of numbering system are you using?

probably cause the people who want them got them and the people who have them(like me) have no desire to part with them. Godzilla has 5 of them and could easily go on a nice vacation if he sold 4 of them but he won't cause the low viz is just too friggin fresh to just sell off...no matter what the price tag....well maybe. ;)

Hey now. Those low vis are part of my master plan. :p