Yo Mods why no love for us on the model page!?

Grayson72

The guys in the toy section get their own gallery for custom toys on the main page why don't we have a completed model gallery in the models section on the main page :lol: ?

I just think it'd be a good idea to showcase some of the model masters around here, ahem WMCheng ahem :rolleyes: .

Thanks

Edited by Grayson72

I agree with Grayson here. I'd *love* to see a page for completed models. But I will go one step further.....If we have a walkthrough (buildup) for a particular model (by WM Cheng, Grayson, or anyone else), I would also like to see that archived on the same page.

The MW custom toy page is great, but I would also really love to see fellow MW'ers completed Macross models! What think? Give the modelers some love too! :)

Thanks,

Melissa

I agree with Grayson here. I'd *love* to see a page for completed models. But I will go one step further.....If we have a walkthrough (buildup) for a particular model (by WM Cheng, Grayson, or anyone else), I would also like to see that archived on the same page.

The MW custom toy page is great, but I would also really love to see fellow MW'ers completed Macross models! What think? Give the modelers some love too! :)

Thanks,

Melissa

I second that!!

One of the MW members kindly did a pdf version of a couple of wmcheng's step by steps. It would be nice to have them (and newer ones) available in the main site.

.....If we have a walkthrough (buildup) for a particular model (by WM Cheng, Grayson, or anyone else), I would also like to see that archived on the same page.

Each build up spans several pages. If we lump them all into one thread, that thread will be the mother of all theads.

I recommend a catch-all thread where links to the build ups are archived instead.

It would be a great addition, but you need to ask Graham or Shawn, not the mods.

The mods edit the boards, Shawn and Graham make pages for the site.

Also, it would be wise to make a thread like this in the Feedback for the Staff section, otherwise we'll all just continue to ignore you crazy paint-smelling modelers. :p

Seriously, I think some of those buildups would be great material for the main site. Wm Cheng's thread is fascinating even to me and I couldn't put together a snap kit of the General Lee.

Edited by Blaine23

The proper term for modelers who build is 'glue sniffing paint spattered modelers'. Unless you use dope. Then your a 'paint sniffer'. Actually come to think of it, a good flat coat works too. And some putties. Glues though, that's the key to losing brain cells quickly. Then if ya get into resin, there's a whole new world of stinks.

I agree with Grayson here.  I'd *love* to see a page for completed models.  But I will go one step further.....If we have a walkthrough (buildup) for a particular model (by WM Cheng, Grayson, or anyone else), I would also like to see that archived on the same page. 

The MW custom toy page is great, but I would also really love to see fellow MW'ers completed Macross models!  What think?  Give the modelers some love too!  :)

Thanks,

Melissa

I second that!!

One of the MW members kindly did a pdf version of a couple of wmcheng's step by steps. It would be nice to have them (and newer ones) available in the main site.

I third that! That is a splendid idea!

The proper term for modelers who build is 'glue sniffing paint spattered modelers'. Unless you use dope. Then your a 'paint sniffer'. Actually come to think of it, a good flat coat works too. And some putties. Glues though, that's the key to losing brain cells quickly. Then if ya get into resin, there's a whole new world of stinks.

amen, brother. amen. by the way GH... i'm STILL waitin' for a peak at Colin's offering of your Monster!

.....If we have a walkthrough (buildup) for a particular model (by WM Cheng, Grayson, or anyone else), I would also like to see that archived on the same page.

Each build up spans several pages. If we lump them all into one thread, that thread will be the mother of all theads.

I recommend a catch-all thread where links to the build ups are archived instead.

Just archive them without everyone's reply posts like Rob (Beers) already did at www.robsthingies.com (look at cheng's place)

Edited by tom64ss

I think Shawn should just redo the M.W.A.T. page.  Whatever toys are over there, should be moved over to Graham's toy gallery, and dedicate that page to models.  Should probably rename it too. :p

MWAT are you talking about? That's a great name! :lol:

Edited by Blaine23

As much as I think it's a good idea to have a dedicated custom model page, I've barely enough spare time to keep the custom toy gallery & magazine pages up to date, not to mention finding time to do toy reviews, of which I'm very behind with at the moment B)).

And the situation is not likely to improve as it's only 8 weeks until my son is born, so I expect my presence on MW is going to be greatly reduced in the near future.

Anyway, I'm the toy guy and Shawn is the model guy, so a custom model page should really be Shawn's baby.

Graham