All region DVD player auto play

Hey guys, my brother told me about this. I bought it today. Kinda hard to find cause I think costco is phasing them out. It is the Daewoo DVD P480 model. It is only 48 bucks after tax. It auto plays any region on a NTSC TV. Usually some all region players must play on an all region TV. Well this doesnt. IT even plays jpegs from a CDR, SVCD that I downloaded online (ie my Matrix SVCD), I even burned Starwars Clonewars Season 2 as a normal data disc and it played each and every episode. Get it you wont be dissapointed

Warning there are two versions. The key things to look out for is that the basic tone for the remote is grey and black and the model number is printed on the remote. There are images of the player on the box here is a pic of what it looks like. Also this version supports windows media and the other one does not. Hence there will be a logo, see pic

post-26-1081816562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

heh!

Besides my dvd-roms players, I'm using this standalone coby-215 since I know of the rather easy all-region hack for it :ph34r: . got it for like $30-$35 at Fry's late last year. Progressive, mp3 and some stuff.

It doesn't have audio-5.1 outs, tho, like it's older sibling the 515, but I missed out on the sale on the 515.

post-26-1081818258_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

I go thsi one at best buy. plays pal dvds, region free dvd player (once you set it up)

plays jpoegs, mpegs, etc. $27

heh.Thats the same kind of one I have. I just got to watch the PAL version of Battle Royale. : :) I like it.But mine makes to much damn noise playing regular dvds, and the remotes buggy, and clunky. <_<

It is only 48 bucks after tax.

Dang, they lowered the price already? I bought one last month and it was $49.99 before taxes. I had to travel to another Costco to find the all-region model because the first one were out of them - more than half of the ones they sold were returned as defective, BTW. Luckily mine still works, but I don't use it unless I need to play a non-R1 disc or VCD.

I suppose all these super-cheap DVD players use plastic lens instead of glass? How long are the plastic lens supposed to last anyway?

Thanks for the heads up Solscud, Costco already takes enough of my money. But, that price is too good to pass up for an all region DVD player.

You also can't go wrong with the cheap cafe. A huge polish dog and a drink for under $2.00 B)) .

I go thsi one at best buy. plays pal dvds, region free dvd player (once you set it up)

plays  jpoegs, mpegs, etc. $27

heh.Thats the same kind of one I have. I just got to watch the PAL version of Battle Royale. : :) I like it.But mine makes to much damn noise playing regular dvds, and the remotes buggy, and clunky. <_<

wierd. Mien maeks no noise. get ti repalced. I heard the ones that make noise are defective

Ali

wierd. Mien maeks no noise. get ti repalced. I heard the ones that make noise are defective

Ali

I would. But a friend bought it for me, from e-bay. And I think the return time expried. It only plays loaudly on certain dvds though. The battle royale one play quietly, as deos my macross Zero and Evangelion Test-type 01 dvd. But if I play certain other dvds it makes noise.

Ali

I would. But a friend bought it for me, from e-bay. And I think the return time expried. It only plays loaudly on certain dvds though. The battle royale one play quietly, as deos my macross Zero and Evangelion Test-type 01 dvd. But if I play certain other dvds it makes noise.

ah > I love the size!

Ali

ah > I love the size!

Me too.It's so small.whats it size any ways? Like 2 vhs tapes together. I have set atop of my vcr on a stand, so it wont get the vcr's heat.

That's the one I got expressly to play Macross DYRL. It's really easy to program:

1. Open and close the disc tray (make sure there's no disc inside)

2. Press "Menu" and "1" and "9"

3. This should bring you to the programmer's debug screen. Highlight the region setting and set it for whichever region you desire, or "0" for all regions.

4. Press enter.

5. Pop disc in.

6. Sit back in leather armchair, with velvet smoking jacket, fez, Meerschaum pipe, cravat and snifter of fine brandy while watching Crayon Shin-chan. :p

Edited by Pat Payne

That's the one I got expressly to play Macross DYRL. It's really easy to program:

3. This should bring you to the programmer's debug screen. Highlight the region setting and set it for whichever region you desire, or "0" for all regions.

4. Press enter.

5. Pop disc in.

6. Sit back in leather armchair, with velvet smoking jacket, fez, Meerschaum pipe, cravat and snifter of fine brandy while watching Crayon Shin-chan. :p

Ohhh. :o I was unaware of that......Must buy another one..........

Ain't Region Free DVD Players a beautiful thing? I've been region free since 2001. My Player of choice is a Daewoo DVD-5800. Plays all my DVDs with a smile. Including RCE and Disney discs (Played Lion King on Easter Sunday to a bunch of kids. Did not let up one bit.) I recommend it to all who's interested in makin the switch to Region Free.

On another note, Where can I find the R0 Tartan version of Battle Royale?

4. Press enter.

5. Pop disc in.

do u do that everytime u wanna watch a movie from another region, or doing it once enables it forever?

do u do that everytime u wanna watch a movie from another region, or doing it once enables it forever?

It's mostly a one-time-only routine and then it's all-region for the rest of the life of the player.

press enter and it;s permenant i belive.

Holy crap! I just bought that player as a back-up to my expensive one. I would have never guessed it could be programmed all region if I hadn't read this thread. Thanks guys!

Now I can watch my original Japanese released Gunbuster DVDs on TV istead of on my computer!

Ain't Region Free DVD Players a beautiful thing? I've been region free since 2001. My Player of choice is a Daewoo DVD-5800. Plays all my DVDs with a smile. Including RCE and Disney discs (Played Lion King on Easter Sunday to a bunch of kids. Did not let up one bit.) I recommend it to all who's interested in makin the switch to Region Free.

On another note, Where can I find the R0 Tartan version of Battle Royale?

I got mine from e-bay.Friend got me that too.It was expensive though....like a $150.00.They also have them on auction, but there in "GBA" (don't know what currency that is).

Heres a link to the e-bay seller. My only complant about him is.He takes to fricken long to send the dvd (took almost a month to receive mine).

Battle Royale Collecters tin

Hope that helps you. ;)

Hey Ali. or anyone else for that matter. On the cyberhome dvd player.Do all of them have the NTSC to PAL converters? I was reading at that dvd hack site that some of the newer ones don't play PAL dvds to well. I want to buy another cyberhome one. But want one that plays PAL dvds on american t.vs with no probs.

Hey Ali. or anyone else for that matter. On the cyberhome dvd player.Do all of them have the NTSC to PAL converters? I was reading at that dvd hack site that some of the newer ones don't play PAL dvds to well. I want to buy another cyberhome one. But want one that plays PAL dvds on american t.vs with no probs.

my aunt has a few pal dvds I am going to test it out as soon as she brings them over this weekend.

my aunt has a few pal dvds I am going to test it out as soon as she brings them over this weekend.

Thanks Ali.Greatly apprecialte that. :)

here we go.

Pal vcds tested

2 iranian movies. played well

lotr fotr : played well

pal dvds

star wars atack of the clones:

appears to be a rip of the region 1 converted to pal. worked well.

soem comedy movie:

worked well.

they all played with no slow down. It has a good mpeg1/2 decoder card. Also I did not notice any artifacts.

Ali

Edited by Ali Sama

here we go.

Pal vcds tested

2 iranian movies. played well

lotr fotr : played well

pal dvds

star wars atack of the clones:

appears to be a rip of the region 1 converted to pal. worked well.

soem comedy movie:

worked well.

they all played with no slow down. It has a good mpeg1/2 decoder card. Also I did not notice any artifacts.

Ali

Thanks Ali! :)

I'll be purchasing another one of these dvd players soon.

• 2 years later...

please pardon my posting in an old-OLD thread... but I'm in the market for a new inexpensive DVD player, and I'm hoping to find one that is Region hackable.... I suspect the models listed are unavailable now ;)

Any suggestions on current models, inexpensive, reliable... can be region hacked... will read MP3s, CDRs, etc...

EDIT---

oh... and HAS to have an Optical Audio Out port for my stereo ;)

Edited by Southcross