Cartoon Network "Miguzi" block

Anubis

Well, this explains why Gundam Seed is premiering on a Saturday. I guess this means we can expect a Toonami level hacking of the show as well. :( After all this time I have to wonder why they are giving Toonami almost a death blow. At least Adult Swim is alive and quite strong.

From Anime News Network

Toonami moves to Saturday nights

On Monday, April 19, Cartoon Network launches "Miguzi," a new action-adventure programming block. Airing weekdays from 5-7pm EST, the new Miguzi block will feature Totally Spies, Code LYOKO, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Teen Titans.

The premiere of Miguzi displaces Cartoon Network's Toonami block after six years in the weekday afternoon slot. Starting Saturday, April 17, Toonami will move to Saturday evenings, airing from 7pm-midnight EST. The SVES programming block that currently occupies Saturday nights will end after April 9th.

According to Cartoon Network, Miguzi will be aimed at kids 6-11, while Toonami will become more-teen oriented. Centered around action and anime, Toonami will show Gundam SEED beginning in April, as well Yu Yu Hakusho. May will feature the Toonami premieres of Megas XLR (a Cartoon Network original series), Rave Masters, and Dragon Ball GT. The premiere of Cyborg 009 S2 is expected in June.

Full details are available from Cartoon Network's press release

And what the hell is 'Miguzi' anyway?  Toonami at least made some sense....

That's a good question When I first saw the title I thought it would be some kind of new Anime block, then I saw the program list. :blink:

Edited by Anubis

And what the hell is 'Miguzi' anyway? Toonami at least made some sense....

When I first read it, I thought it was Mizugi, or "swimsuit," which makes no damn sense either...

And what the hell is 'Miguzi' anyway?  Toonami at least made some sense....

When I first read it, I thought it was Mizugi, or "swimsuit," which makes no damn sense either...

Gazizza, Dilznoofus, this is Bill McNeal saying, get with the crazappy taste of Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor!

:lol:

Soooooo basically they are dropping the goofy kiddie-afied anime block and replacing it with an american made anime styled knockoff block. Fun fun fun. <_<

Cartoon Network only has my partial attention from 10pm to midnight for Adult Swim, almost everything else they air is kiddie drivel or a repeat of a repeat of a repeat.

On a more positive note, did anyone catch the mention of Macross by the Adult Swim people last night?

Soooooo basically they are dropping the goofy kiddie-afied anime block and replacing it with an american made anime styled knockoff block. Fun fun fun. <_<

Cartoon Network only has my partial attention from 10pm to midnight for Adult Swim, almost everything else they air is kiddie drivel or a repeat of a repeat of a repeat.

On a more positive note, did anyone catch the mention of Macross by the Adult Swim people last night?

No...what did they say? :)

On their wednesday (I believe) shows Adult Swim turns their transition cards into sort of a mail server response and insult session were they show an email they got from a viewer and then answer/berate/insult them on the air.

This week they showed an email from a guy who claimed to have seen tons and tons of anime and said that the Cowboy Bebop intro was the catchiest one he has ever seen and that the song stuck in his head...

The AS people responded that he should "look into a japanese anime called Macross and that it had a very catchy theme song that he would not be able to get out of his head".