Cat's eyes blues

007-vf1

There must be an affordable way to recast or get a styrene version of the cats eye made to cast affordably. It all stems from does any one have one to start off of course. I hope we could all somehow come up with an idea to get this out to all the macross fans who may not have 100+ dollars to spend on a cats eye. I just would like the opportunity to add the cats eye to my collection. I know everyone has projects that their knee deep into and dont have the the time to work on this, but please just keep it in the back of your heads.

There must be an affordable way to recast or get a styrene version of the cats eye made to cast affordably. It all stems from does any one have one to start off of course. I hope we could all somehow come up with an idea to get this out to all the macross fans who may not have 100+ dollars to spend on a cats eye. I just would like the opportunity to add the cats eye to my collection. I know everyone has projects that their knee deep into and dont have the the time to work on this, but please just keep it in the back of your heads.

we would all obviously like resin kits to be cheaper but until the material to recast a resin kit becomes cheaper, thats not going to happen. the material cost for the molds, resin, etc is just too expensive to mass produce a kit that sells for 20, 30 bucks each. :(

Pretty sure this has been discussed before but to make the point again. This is not a cheap hobby to be in. Those who want to have the really rare models fork over big cash for them. And just like in any hobby, cars, stamps or coins, everyone can't always afford the most expensive really rare items.

The recasting is definately unique to modelling and does reduce the price somewhat, however the rarity = high price still exists.

I suggest the Hasegawa kits if your looking to spend $30 bucks.

Hmmm now I kinda feel like a skinflint in these boards now. 100 IS a very fair price I guess I wish it was more available like hasegawa kits. I get it that resin kits are more in the price area,I prefer resin in alot of cases. Maybe I shouldve re thought my post and put it it the where do I get one direction. I'll keep looking I guess, and pput more thought into what I mean in my posts.

Hmmm now I kinda feel like a skinflint in these boards now. 100 IS a very fair price I guess I wish it was more available like hasegawa kits. I get it that resin kits are more in the price area,I prefer resin in alot of cases. Maybe I shouldve re thought my post and put it it the where do I get one direction. I'll keep looking I guess, and pput more thought into what I mean in my posts.

nah man. we didnt mean anything by it. we're just informing you why things are, u kno? seriously tho, dont u think we all dont wish rare resin kits were cheaper? it isnt like everyone on this board wipes their butt with money. we'll all in the same boat. but its just some of us are willing to dish out the money for the things we really want. its all just a matter of priority and for some us... its macross. ;)

I would have echo'ed astromanED's wishes for an injection plastic version of ALL resin kits to save on price and weight but the fact is, the tooling for a good mold is incredibley expensive. Then there is all of the support equipment involved.

Resin casting offers us two things the above would not support:

Low volume and quick turn around. Technically, it is somewhat expensive per item but the opportunity to bring forth rare kits justifies the cost to me.

If all resin kits were 108 or less shipped, I bet the market for resin-modelers and interests would grow, and volume could lower the price.

For our *SMALL* fanbase (50 or less), its well worth the price of admission.

Edited by Neova