Dinosaurs (the sitcom)

bob joe mac

I'm sure some of you guys remember this show. You know the one with the pink baby that kept trying to kill stuff. "I'm the baby Gotta love me". The show isn't that old maybe 10 years and was put on VHS but most of the online shops don't have any copies anymore. So any help would be very much appreciated. :)

seen on the jim henson website :

DINOSAURS - 1990

dinosaurs.gif

BRIEF: ANIMATRONIC DINOSAUR SITCOM FAMILY

PRODUCER: JIM HENSON TELEVISION/WALT DISNEY/MICHAEL JACOBS

Described as Roseanne meets Jurassic Park, The Shop devised the most sophisticated family of puppets ever built for television for this 60-episode sitcom. Advanced performance technology enabled 17 complex animatronic "walkaround" characters and a repertory of more than 100 supporting hand puppets to deliver film-quality results on a TV production schedule.

source

I've found an unofficial Webpage and don't forget the official jim Henson home page

Edited by isamu_dyson

That was a great show.

Edited by Anubis

I loved Jim Hensons shows when I was growing up, one of my FAVORITES has to be Fraggle Rock.

Dinosaurs fell into that TGIF crowd (didn't it), and I could do WITHOUT that little baby complaining all da time. UGH.

oh man, that series was funny!! I think it was part of the TGIF lineup back then? Along with family matters, step by step, and full house. Ahh those shows were funny. I wish they had some kind of TGIF dvd boxset of all those shows. That would be great. I really would like to know where I can get the dinosaurs series. :p:D:lol:

oh the baby thats baby bop right? or something. anyway what ever happened to that show?

I don't think it was ever given a name. Just "The Baby".

Great show, though I don't have a clue where to get it now.

Maybe kazaa or something?

Actually he did get a name. In one episode they took him to a mystic name chooser of sorts, and he gave him the name of The"Baby" Sinclaire. I still remeber the last episode of the show. I was kinda sad when they canned it. :(

oh man, that series was funny!! I think it was part of the TGIF lineup back then? Along with family matters, step by step, and full house. Ahh those shows were funny.

I thought people that liked Macross had taste.

"....And our media department has succeeded in selling ten more mindless sitcoms to the networks to further lower the intelligence of America!...." - Cobra Commander. :lol:

oh the baby thats baby bop right? or something. anyway what ever happened to that show?

I don't think it was ever given a name. Just "The Baby".

Great show, though I don't have a clue where to get it now.

Maybe kazaa or something?

Actually he did get a name. In one episode they took him to a mystic name chooser of sorts, and he gave him the name of The"Baby" Sinclaire. I still remeber the last episode of the show. I was kinda sad when they canned it. :(

oh yah now I remember! :) hehe the name baby bop was from that freakin barny show hahahahah :lol::lol:

I enjoyed the episodes I watched but I lost track of the show sometime before it went off the air.

The father looked kind of like Norman Schwarzkopf...at least I remember standing in line at the grocery store and seeing them on two different magazine covers...the resemblance was uncanny.

Edit: NORMAN, not Arnold! Living in California, and watched The Terminator last night...so sue me.

Edited by ewilen

You can buy Dinosaurs on VHS Release Year 1991 via www.Half.com

If you want to download a few episode I found a couple of Dinosaurs episode's on edonkey.com

Dinosaurs - Charlene Grows A Tail.avi - 163.98 Megs

Dinosaurs - Endangered Species.avi - 99.23 Megs

Dinosaurs - Hurling Day.avi - 99.23 Megs

I also found a MP3 “I’m The Baby, Gotta Love Me”

Edited by rdenham

oh man, that series was funny!! I think it was part of the TGIF lineup back then? Along with family matters, step by step, and full house. Ahh those shows were funny.

I thought people that liked Macross had taste.

"....And our media department has succeeded in selling ten more mindless sitcoms to the networks to further lower the intelligence of America!...." - Cobra Commander. :lol:

Word.

I feel as though I've stepped into an alternate reality where Dukakis was president and people really loved "New Coke"...

You guys really liked this show? :blink:

Pizza Hut overhere had rubberised hand puppets of the characters back in the day, and even now I still see the Baby being used a tow-ball cover on cars :)

Cyc

I thought the puppets were Land Before Time Premiums rather than Dinosaurs.

Anyway Dinosaurs was teh shiznit. And the Baby actually had two names, first it was "AGH AGH I'M DYING YOU IDIOT!" and then it was Baby. Smeg, I still remember that nugget of useless trivia.