Wave 1/72 and 1/100 Destroid Kits

Dangit! This always happens to me. I get old original kits and then a new version/better version comes along. Thanks for the great pics. I'm surprised Wave got the licenses for both the 1/72 and now the 1/100 scale kits. Typically you'd see them split among different companies (VF-19Kai for example or the original Imai and Arii kits). Anyway, there goes my wallet. I guess no one is clamoring over these designs. Truly underrated.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Very nice, indeed. I wonder how these compare in detail and proportion to Moscato's kits.

They probably compare better to the 1/72 kits from wave.

2 hours ago, SDBun said:

I get old original kits and then a new version/better version comes along.

i just got to the point where I can paint up my 1/72 kits and now they put out a whole other set of the same kits to scale with their vf-1. I’m probably gonna get them though. But where the Spartan and that 1/100 monster they teased years ago?

Great stuff!

I always wondered why Wave didn't do 1/100 Destroids to go with their 1/100 Valk line.  I assume the 1/72 ones are just re-pops?

I missed that YF-29...if that was announced earlier.

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Really frustrating that they skipped the Spartan in 1/72... and are now doing the Destroids again in 1/100 and STILL skipping the Spartan.

I said a similar thing a few posts up. But at least I get the feeling that if these do well, a wave 1/100 version will be up eventually. And maybe someone like hasegawa or even Plamax would get interested in a 1/72 version 

10 minutes ago, Big s said:

I said a similar thing a few posts up. But at least I get the feeling that if these do well, a wave 1/100 version will be up eventually. And maybe someone like hasegawa or even Plamax would get interested in a 1/72 version 

1/72 is what I want most, since most of my Macross stuff is 1/72. All I really have in 1/100 is the new Bandai partsformers. If I get the 1/100 destroids, I'd probably get the Wave VF-1s as well.

If Wave won't do 1/72 Spartan, a Hasegawa one would be nice.

1 minute ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

If Wave won't do 1/72 Spartan, a Hasegawa one would be nice.

Hasegawa is kinda all over the place with things, so a surprise Spartan would be great in 1/72. They are getting much better with their kits lately and they have made some very interesting choices  for subjects and might just help fill in the gap there

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

Hasegawa is kinda all over the place with things, so a surprise Spartan would be great in 1/72. They are getting much better with their kits lately and they have made some very interesting choices  for subjects and might just help fill in the gap there

In some ways Hasegawa is the most exciting because you have no idea what they'll do next. They certainly have plenty of gaps in their lineup all over the place, waiting to be filled.

Is their next thing a Glaug? A 1/48 VF-1D, VT-1, or VE-1? Is it the Max super battroid that I want? Will they finally do a new fighter mould? VF-25 or VF-31 gerwalks? Who knows!!! 😄

2 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

In some ways Hasegawa is the most exciting because you have no idea what they'll do next. They certainly have plenty of gaps in their lineup all over the place, waiting to be filled.

Is their next thing a Glaug? A 1/48 VF-1D, VT-1, or VE-1? Is it the Max super battroid that I want? Will they finally do a new fighter mould? VF-25 or VF-31 gerwalks? Who knows!!! 😄

Glaug or maybe Nousjadeul Ger movie version since it was on the box of Max’s Queadluun Rau or maybe tv versions of the armors or a crazy oddball like the gnerl, who knows. They often don’t even announce what’s coming, it’s kinda like Surprise preorder it now!!!

8 minutes ago, Big s said:

Glaug or maybe Nousjadeul Ger movie version since it was on the box of Max’s Queadluun Rau or maybe tv versions of the armors or a crazy oddball like the gnerl, who knows. They often don’t even announce what’s coming, it’s kinda like Surprise preorder it now!!!

Nousjadeul Ger would be nice. And can't forget we'll probably get more VF-0 gerwalk variants.

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Anyone else think this is a big middle finger to Bandai for not EVER giving us the last two Destroids in HM-R???  Because from where I'm sitting, I'm all in for the missing two in 1/100 scale to finally have all of them in more or less the same scale! 

I’d still buy all three and more if a Spartan came up or the Monster. I could use them with my wave kits or for possible Bandai hg kits

Whew, at least they're giving us kits in 1/100 scale, which is my personal favorite size.  I hope we'll get the full line up, plus enemy mecha and from other series too.  It's definitely frustrating not being able to have all of them in the same and/or your preferred scale.

56 minutes ago, Big s said:

1/100. But I still have my doubts about it since it doesn’t look like they updated that prototype since it was shown way back when their 1/72 destroid kits were originally shown off

Maybe the time is now..?

35 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Ah, you see, that's because in the interim they decided to update the model and will be releasing it in 1/72 scale.

Look, let a man dream.

:good:

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ah, you see, that's because in the interim they decided to update the model and will be releasing it in 1/72 scale.

Look, let a man dream.

You can dream, it’s ok. Just I wouldn’t know where to even put that thing at that scale. The hmr was pretty huge. Maybe dream to win the lotto as well to get the house to fit it

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Maybe the time is now..?

I wish, but that’s a really old picture and they still haven’t worked out the leg joints yet. The new 1/100 kits look like they’re ready to go though and that sales may end up being the push that wave needs to finish the project and hopefully use some modern tech to handle that weight 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

You can dream, it’s ok. Just I wouldn’t know where to even put that thing at that scale. The hmr was pretty huge. Maybe dream to win the lotto as well to get the house to fit it

Lol. Ya, i really want to build my 1/72 Monster kit, but there's zero space to display such a monstrosity. ( pun intended:p)

It's cool to see the 1:100 Destroids happening. Several years ago, I built Arii's Defender and Imai's Phalanx. Arii has better surface detail, decals, and they employed polycaps, however Imai's overall proportions and fit are superior. Imai didn't do a good job with providing locator pins on a lot of their parts though. I've no idea why. Imai provided decals to represent the "Ichijou molds" on their UN Spacy mecha and decals for the sensors on Regults, whereas Arii would have that surface detail molded. Arii provided the cool "nose art" for their Destroid kits too. It's just a shame that their stuff looks a bit awkward when built.

On 10/12/2024 at 10:19 AM, derex3592 said:

Anyone else think this is a big middle finger to Bandai for not EVER giving us the last two Destroids in HM-R??? 

Yup. Same.

Edited by pengbuzz