SDC 2024

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know the SDCon is skipped this year.

Maybe when the DYRL 4k subtitle is released in January, all the So-Cal members can pitch in and we can rent out a private theater session and watch it on the big screen
That would be pretty cool.  :)

Maybe, they could do an online Macross Convention that would allow international Macross fan participation?
I just can't get holidays scheduled for Macross conventions; my work tells me to plan my holidays a year in advance!

Super Dimension Convention Zoom Call Across Space & Time?

I also had this idea about a DYRL Singalong that all Macross fans could participate in.
Kind of like 2020 Blue Rodeo - Alone Together Singalong!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yteNPh-boY

I was going to call it:  Super Dimension Macross (Fan) Love Concert: Do You Remember Love? SingAlong
Music Across Space & Time!

Jeff from Asplenia Studio was going to work on some T-shirts!
I'm not sure if he has had the time to do that yet?

I was going to update my  DYRL blog rememberprojectm.blogspot.com to promote DYRL, DYRL Singalong and Macross fan projects with a magazine called "MegaRoad Projects" dedicated to Macross fan projects!

Edited by boinger

On 9/21/2024 at 11:10 AM, Shawn said:

As far as I know there the SDCon is skipped this year.

Maybe when the DYRL 4k subtitle is released in January, all the So-Cal members can pitch in and we can rent out a private theater session and watch it on the big screen

This would be an amazing idea!  Especially with the 40the anniversary, I thought if the con happened this year, a screening would have been a great idea at the con if it was possible.  I can't wait for the release in January!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2024 at 11:10 AM, Shawn said:

As far as I know the SDCon is skipped this year.

I’ve always wanted to see it on the big screen and kinda wrote it off as fantasy here in the states. Are there legal issues for that? And how much do you think it would cost overall to make something like that happen?

On 10/6/2024 at 10:48 PM, Big s said:

Does sound doable 

This is something I'll probably look at doing next year. I'd like to see this done. There's a few people looking at doing something in a new format for next year, so if they want to do this, I hope to look at them to organize this. The issue that I think was brought up was that since it's not something that anyone has done, we'd need to figure out a way to cover the expenses. We can't charge at the box office (at least I don't think so), so however that works out, we'd need to figure out seating capacity, and find a way to make it work. It wouldn't be a business doing it either, so we'd need to make it a thing that works to cover the costs. 

@Shawn, I think someone, if not myself, will probably get in contact with you soon about this idea. When you mentioned it to me at RTF, it sounded like a great idea. I've seen DYRL in theater once in Japan when the blu ray first came out, but that was back in 2014. It'd be a great time seeing it in that setting with a bucket of popcorn and a soda.

18 hours ago, Jasonc said:

We can't charge at the box office (at least I don't think so), so however that works out, we'd need to figure out seating capacity, and find a way to make it work.

I guess presale on the tickets as a requirement and limit the amount of tickets to the size of the  theater room 

On 10/12/2024 at 4:04 AM, Jasonc said:

This is something I'll probably look at doing next year. I'd like to see this done. There's a few people looking at doing something in a new format for next year, so if they want to do this, I hope to look at them to organize this. The issue that I think was brought up was that since it's not something that anyone has done, we'd need to figure out a way to cover the expenses. We can't charge at the box office (at least I don't think so), so however that works out, we'd need to figure out seating capacity, and find a way to make it work. It wouldn't be a business doing it either, so we'd need to make it a thing that works to cover the costs. 

@Shawn, I think someone, if not myself, will probably get in contact with you soon about this idea. When you mentioned it to me at RTF, it sounded like a great idea. I've seen DYRL in theater once in Japan when the blu ray first came out, but that was back in 2014. It'd be a great time seeing it in that setting with a bucket of popcorn and a soda.

Can we possibly get a Flashback double bill on this? That would be amazing!