IKEA Brannboll display cabinet

rsvictor1976

Hey guys, just wanted to share some pictures of this new Branboll hangable display cabinets from IKEA. They fit the 1/48 DX Chogokins pretty well vertically, and can probably fit a couple smaller figures horizontally. They’re only $30 and come in white or blue. There's even little cutouts on each inside corner to let you run wiring for lighting.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/braennboll-wall-mounted-display-cabinet-white-40586527/

image.jpeg.d3de6ec79fed7b0a147f789f34f23a60.jpeg

image.jpeg.4298dbde7afda4b560d1fe040ff45f13.jpeg

image.jpeg.673c0d965f568c6128bd4a6c255a3cda.jpeg

image.jpeg.feac1354e267ee2a81f758dc5b6e7acc.jpeg

Edited by rsvictor1976

• rsvictor1976 changed the title to IKEA Brannboll display cabinet

And just because I’m not sure we’ve mentioned it all that often on these boards:

RIP the Detolfs cabinets.

A nice and effective way to display our “collectibles” with a few customizable options.

17 minutes ago, Mog said:

And just because I’m not sure we’ve mentioned it all that often on these boards:

A nice and effective way to display our “collectibles” with a few customizable options.

ikea has a way of re-releasing products over time (read years?)...so you never know..the detolfs may come back again...at a higher price...😄

And knowing them, they’ll offer it in some oddball color that doesn’t match the old ones.

Or no longer offer the LED strips I used to light up the old ones.

. . . Also, am I the only idiot that would rather go straight to where all the boxes are and get what I need, rather than walk through that maddening, multi-level labyrinth they call a store?

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

$30, not bad but limited space makes it not too appealing to me. Maybe I’ll get one or two to put in a corner above my detolf someday. 

I'm not a fan that they go with so much particleboard on this. It relegates these to corners, and even then they are restricted view.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Never enough. The end all and be all for the price. Still worth buying secondhand vs other options.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

ikea has a way of re-releasing products over time (read years?)...so you never know..the detolfs may come back again...at a higher price...😄

Sporadic shattering doors when IKEA switched glass types might be why they may not.

Still, they are stupid not to bring it back...even at a higher price.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Or no longer offer the LED strips I used to light up the old ones.

Dioder strips were discontinued.

7 hours ago, Graham said:

Looks interesting, but annoying that there is still a gap for dust ingress between the two clear panels. Something that IKEA never seams to be able to solve on their various display cabinets.

Oh you're supposed to slide one over the other to close it properly. I didn't know until after I read the instructions over again. The only gap that stays open are those cable holes.