[Warner Bros] Minecraft - The Movie

Weird day, getting weirder.

This is one of those movie ideas that just seems like a mass hallucination.

Pretty sick of Jack Black, though... that alone is enough for me to seriously consider passing on it.

Update that I showed the trailer to my children (10 year girl & 7 year old son) and they reacted to the trailer like it was cringe and said it was "cursed." Also said Jack Black is not Steve. In hindsight I should have recorded their reaction and posted it on Youtube 🤣

Edited by TangledThorns

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Pretty sick of Jack Black, though... that alone is enough for me to seriously consider passing on it.

I know he’s in a lot of stuff lately, but for me , I haven’t seen any of it recently so I’m not sick of him. Just not really interested in a movie based on a game that I wasn’t interested in.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Update that I showed the trailer to my children (10 year girl & 7 year old son) and they reacted to the trailer like it was cringe and said it was "cursed." Also said Jack Black is not Steve. In hindsight I should have recorded their reaction and posted it on Youtube 🤣

I can't keep up with the Gen Alpha speak...is cursed worse than sigma?...at least they didn't refer to it as being skibbidi...or would that be a good thing? :unknw:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I can't keep up with the Gen Alpha speak...is cursed worse than sigma?...at least they didn't refer to it as being skibbidi...or would that be a good thing? :unknw:

Yeah, I'm too old for it I guess 😱

I had to ask my daughter what "cursed" means. She said its when a Minecraft mod makes the game look realistic 🤣

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is."

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

That one crosses the bounds of generations, but it's as bad as it sounds.  That's "this is disturbing/upsetting to look at"... like how unintentionally creepy photos have been called "cursed images" for about a decade now.  The sense that there's something deeply wrong with it in an almost supernatural way.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I know he’s in a lot of stuff lately, but for me , I haven’t seen any of it recently so I’m not sick of him. Just not really interested in a movie based on a game that I wasn’t interested in.

I just don't find him funny at all.  Like in Borderlands, he tends to play the comic relief character whose idea of humor is either self-referential meta humor or fart jokes and who drags every joke out WAY too long.  He's excruciating to watch and to listen to, and he tends to make already bad movies much much worse for his presence.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

50 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Yeah, I'm too old for it I guess 😱

I had to ask my daughter what "cursed" means. She said its when a Minecraft mod makes the game look realistic 🤣

In this case it seems unholy and blasphemous to a high degree to unblockify a block character. Either that or it’s weird to see Aquaman finally come out of the closet and he didn’t do it in a gradual way