I heard about this new movie but missed that Gareth Edwards is directing. I didn't care for The Creator but Rogue One and Godzilla was amazing work by Gareth. Visually this could be the best Jurassic Park film yet and hopefully its the same for the story.

That being said Jurassic Park and Lost World deserves remakes that follow the books more closely and Gareth Edwards would have been perfect for that imho.

8 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I heard about this new movie but missed that Gareth Edwards is directing. I didn't care for The Creator but Rogue One and Godzilla was amazing work by Gareth. Visually this could be the best Jurassic Park film yet and hopefully its the same for the story.

That being said Jurassic Park and Lost World deserves remakes that follow the books more closely and Gareth Edwards would have been perfect for that imho.

While I do think that in this case a reboot from the ground up is the best idea, I think that if they stick to the books then a series would be better. Problem there is the extreme budget that it would require. Then again Amazon is willing to throw some extreme cash at a proven failure.

Anyway, I’m big on the dinos, and like those that watch every crappy Godzilla movie or every horrible fast and furious sequel, I’ll probably go check out another stupid Jurassic World movie and not sure exactly why. I watch them and enjoy them and yet hate them at the same time, it’s confusing 

The newer World movies blend together so much I don't remember what events happened in what film, they're entirely forgettable. That said, if I remember right, didn't the last one end with all the remaining dinosaurs living on some reserve or something and they were all flourishing? Now they're on the brink of dying off? Or they're in some kind of danger? What? Why? How? I get it, because another movie needs to happen, but jesus christ these movies retcon the events and endings of previous ones basically instantly just to set up another, newer conflict. 

33 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

The newer World movies blend together so much I don't remember what events happened in what film, they're entirely forgettable. That said, if I remember right, didn't the last one end with all the remaining dinosaurs living on some reserve or something and they were all flourishing? Now they're on the brink of dying off? Or they're in some kind of danger? What? Why? How? I get it, because another movie needs to happen, but jesus christ these movies retcon the events and endings of previous ones basically instantly just to set up another, newer conflict. 

The last movie ended with the cloned girl saving the dinos by setting them free. As in, let loose on civilization. Sounds like some did not survive where they were, whereas others migrated to more temperate climes.

9 hours ago, Thom said:

The last movie ended with the cloned girl saving the dinos by setting them free. As in, let loose on civilization. Sounds like some did not survive where they were, whereas others migrated to more temperate climes.

that was the end of Fallen Kingdom. the most recent movie was Dominion.

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

that was the end of Fallen Kingdom. the most recent movie was Dominion.

I totally forgot that one! Sorry, Grant and Elli...

Also,

1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

In for Scarlett :ph34r:

Yes!!

Hm, dunno, the World trilogy I didn't really dig all that much. The first was okay, but Kingdom and Dominion I felt were pretty boring, Dominion most of all and hadn't seen it since it was in theaters.
Still though, if they can come up with a good story and nice visuals I'll see it.