1/72 Destroid Spartan kit by IMAI (Bandai rebranded version)

treatment

It was a great kit for its time, but its time has long since passed. 😒

However, since Wave never produced a Spartan (and Moscato's SPALTAN garage kit is as rare as hen's teeth), this ancient reissue is your only option at this scale. 😐

1 hour ago, tekering said:

It was a great kit for its time, but its time has long since passed. 😒

However, since Wave never produced a Spartan (and Moscato's SPALTAN garage kit is as rare as hen's teeth), this ancient reissue is your only option at this scale. 😐

I’m still hoping that since Macross is really popular in the models again currently that Wave might consider giving us a Spartan in 1/72 scale. There have been a lot of surprises recently and if not Wave, maybe Hasegawa once they finish off their Zentraedi kits.

Maybe Max Factory could jump on it if the others don’t. Who knows, maybe since they have put out some larger kits, an unholy 1/72 Monster might be a consideration 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’m still hoping that since Macross is really popular in the models again currently that Wave might consider giving us a Spartan in 1/72 scale. There have been a lot of surprises recently and if not Wave, maybe Hasegawa once they finish off their Zentraedi kits.

Maybe Max Factory could jump on it if the others don’t. Who knows, maybe since they have put out some larger kits, an unholy 1/72 Monster might be a consideration 

I'm very sad Wave didn't do it when they did the others.

I'd be more than happy if Hasegawa decided to fill the gap if their other new 1/72s sell well.

On 8/19/2024 at 1:39 PM, KOG Water Dragon said:

I'm very sad Wave didn't do it when they did the others.

I'd be more than happy if Hasegawa decided to fill the gap if their other new 1/72s sell well.

Right? And since most of the Destroids used the same lower frame, it would save Hasegawa on making individual molds for them. They'd only have to make different upper chassis' for the Defender, Phalanx and Tomahawk models.

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Right? And since most of the Destroids used the same lower frame, it would save Hasegawa on making individual molds for them. They'd only have to make different upper chassis' for the Defender, Phalanx and Tomahawk models.

Yeah, but wave already did the three that used those legs rather well in 1/72. They just skipped the spartan possibly for that reason. I wouldn’t mind seeing them do the spartan though and honestly it would probably be great no matter if it were Max Factory, Hasegawa or Wave. A monster would be interesting, but my personal problem is space if they did 1/72