Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu - In Theaters May 2026

5 hours ago, Big s said:

What’s D23?

pretty much a convention related to disney projects and products to help entice the public and shareholders. They'll show off what's going to occur in the parks in the future, what's being worked on, movie plans, trailers etc etc. 

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

pretty much a convention related to disney projects and products to help entice the public and shareholders. They'll show off what's going to occur in the parks in the future, what's being worked on, movie plans, trailers etc etc. 

I thought it was some kinda droid until it was referred to as a location 

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

It's a ways out. But I'm doubting we'll get another season before the movie comes out.

If I remember, this is replacing the next season. Not sure if this is meant as an end point for the series though, but there’s the possibility that this may be the finale. It would be really weird to go from series to movie and back again, but I’m not saying that that also isn’t a possibility 

It's unnecessary is what it is.  But I guess Disney feels compelled to milk it because it's the only well-received Disney+ original besides Andor and that one was spinning off a movie to begin with.

Mando and the child's adventures have already ended twice.  Once when Mando delivered the child to the Jedi (Luke) and once when they finally defeated Moff Gideon and got a house together at the end of season three.  There's nowhere else for the story to logically go.  Moff Gideon is dead.  The Mandalorians are resettling Mandalore.  Din's status with his creepy fundamentalist cult is restored and the child is officially recognized as his foundling.  Going back to bounty hunting just means getting the child involved in stuff that'll push him towards the Dark Side, and there's really nothing else for them to do.

Thrawn's back.  There's some directions they could go with the overall story. . . with Mando caught in the middle.

I'd like to see Thrawn one-upping/out-smarting the New Republic and tie it heavier into the political issues at Nevarro or at Mandalore.

Then with that background in place, you can have Mando and Grogu get caught up in some adventures.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Thrawn's back.  There's some directions they could go with the overall story. . . with Mando caught in the middle.

I'd like to see Thrawn one-upping/out-smarting the New Republic and tie it heavier into the political issues at Nevarro or at Mandalore.

Then with that background in place, you can have Mando and Grogu get caught up in some adventures.

After finally seeing Thrawn after all the talk about him, I kinda doubt that he could outsmart anyone. Is he gonna throw mobs of useless zombies at them? Those things sucked so bad

21 minutes ago, Big s said:

After finally seeing Thrawn after all the talk about him, I kinda doubt that he could outsmart anyone. Is he gonna throw mobs of useless zombies at them? Those things sucked so bad

🤦‍♂️

Come up with a better argument.

Guy has hit the Rebels crew with a number of losses and out-smarted them before.

Guy is going into a situation where cracks are already showing in the New Republic.

He doesn’t have to come in like the typical conqueror.  New Republic doesn’t have any resources to protect Nevarro from pirates?  Imps offer some protection in exchange for favorable terms for trade resources.

Instead of making an enemy of Mandalore, sign a neutrality pact.  Isolate the New Republic, and don’t force yourself to fight two separate enemies.  Plus, it puts Mando into a bit of a bind.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

🤦‍♂️

Come up with a better argument.

Guy has hit the Rebels crew with a number of losses and out-smarted them before.

Guy is going into a situation where cracks are already showing in the New Republic.

He doesn’t have to come in like the typical conqueror.  New Republic doesn’t have any resources to protect Nevarro from pirates?  Imps offer some protection in exchange for favorable terms for trade resources.

Instead of making an enemy of Mandalore, sign a neutrality pact.  Isolate the New Republic, and don’t force yourself to fight two separate enemies.  Plus, it puts Mando into a bit of a bind.

I’ve only seen his live action debut, and it seems that he’s just got one ship. It seems full of less than capable storm troopers that after they die become little more than handsy mannequins, doesn’t seem like a threat at all. Maybe he was a threat in a children’s cartoon though.

Besides that, i think they’re saving him more for that Ahsoka project rather than fighting Din, and Grogu

10 hours ago, Mog said:

Thrawn's back.

... having read the trilogy that bears his name and seen his live action debut, I would say Thrawn is oversold to a frankly comical degree by longtime Star Wars fans.

Without the Man Behind the Man to prop him up and a healthy dose of Confusion Fu, he's not much of a threat.  He's just the token competent Imperial officer in a sea of raving egomaniacs, complete psychopaths, and useful idiots promoted for their ability to blindly follow orders.

Taking an L from "Distressed" Din Djarin and Grogu would be the deathblow to his remaining credibility.

10 hours ago, Mog said:

They're not gonna get into political issues in a movie like this... it's Din and Grogu, it's for the children.

Again, you can put the political stuff/set-up in the background.  

But the idea would be dad settling in his home and trying to raise his kid.  And crap comes around to mess up that peace.

I hoping it’s not another spamming of “Imps come in, strong arm, conquer, and invade a planet” stuff we’ve seen ad nauseam.  But something should happen that compels Mando to pick up his blaster and join the fight.

Whether it’s out of loyalty to people that helped him out (RIP Carl Weathers or the on-the-line Rebel pilots) or to protect his kiddo (again), some a-hole’s gotta pay for disturbing his peace.

5 minutes ago, Mog said:

But the idea would be dad settling in his home and trying to raise his kid.  And crap comes around to mess up that peace.

I hoping it’s not another spamming of “Imps come in, strong arm, conquer, and invade a planet” stuff we’ve seen ad nauseam.  But something should happen that compels Mando to pick up his blaster and join the fight.

Whether it’s out of loyalty to people that helped him out (RIP Carl Weathers or the on-the-line Rebel pilots) or to protect his kiddo (again), some a-hole’s gotta pay for disturbing his peace.

I don’t think Thrawn is capable of that mentally or physically. The guy has one ship  and isn’t very good at planning. I think you’re overestimating live action Thrawn. The only thing he threatens is a bag of Doritos 

12 minutes ago, Mog said:

If you put it in the background and it doesn't matter to the story, why bother having it at all?

12 minutes ago, Mog said:

Which isn't much of a story, if we're being honest with each other.

There is nowhere new or interesting for Din and Grogu's story to go.  Bringing in Thrawn just makes Thrawn a replacement scrappy for Moff Gideon, and takes the story back to where it was in seasons one and two.  It's not going somewhere new, it's just doing the same thing again and worse.

The Mandalorian had nothing left to show us before season three ended.  That has not changed.

5 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

There is nowhere new or interesting for Din and Grogu's story to go.  Bringing in Thrawn just makes Thrawn a replacement scrappy for Moff Gideon, and takes the story back to where it was in seasons one and two.  It's not going somewhere new, it's just doing the same thing again and worse.

I’m not gonna disagree about Thrawn, but there’s definitely room for something interesting. The problem lies really with Disney and not having a good writing team in a while 

7 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The Mandalorian had nothing left to show us before season three ended.  That has not changed.

Nah...Disney will always have something more to show....especially if they want to squeeze some more profits out of the best character they created under their ownership...

What still hasn't changed is that no matter how good or bad it ends up being.....we are still working within the "original" Skywalker Saga....riding a runaway sailbarge straight to TROS...;)

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m not gonna disagree about Thrawn, but there’s definitely room for something interesting. The problem lies really with Disney and not having a good writing team in a while 

I don't think there is... or perhaps I should say there shouldn't be.  

Din and Grogu's story has ended twice.  First when Din returned Grogu to his people (the Jedi) and again when they settled down and got a homestead together.  Anything more is going to require another Happy Ending Override, and I am certain you have not forgotten what happened last time they had to override a happy ending.  That was the sequel trilogy.  And few, if any, of us are going to argue that that was anything less than a complete fiasco.

Nothing good will come from dragging them back into action a second time.

Just now, jvmacross said:

Nah...Disney will always have something more to show....especially if they want to squeeze some more profits out of the best character they created under their ownership...

What still hasn't changed is that no matter how good or bad it ends up being.....we are still working within the "original" Skywalker Saga....riding a runaway sailbarge straight to TROS...;)

True... Disney, like LucasFilm before it, will never let a satisfying ending get in the way of flogging a character mercilessly until everything remotely likeable or interesting about them is worn away by time and abuse from the writers.  

Not even death can free a character from the icy grip of the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Maybe Star Wars needs a self-aware story like Star Trek's How Much For Just The Planet? where the characters can take digs at being owned by a huge, amoral corporation.

58 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

True... Disney, like LucasFilm before it, will never let a satisfying ending get in the way of flogging a character mercilessly until everything remotely likeable or interesting about them is worn away by time and abuse from the writers.  

...maybe Grogu will become a hated ahole or washed up loser before we even get a chance to feel dissapointed by the trampling of his fully developed character....at least no one would care...lol

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I don't think there is... or perhaps I should say there shouldn't be.  

Din and Grogu's story has ended twice.  First when Din returned Grogu to his people (the Jedi) and again when they settled down and got a homestead together.  Anything more is going to require another Happy Ending Override, and I am certain you have not forgotten what happened last time they had to override a happy ending.  That was the sequel trilogy.  And few, if any, of us are going to argue that that was anything less than a complete fiasco.

Nothing good will come from dragging them back into action a second time.

Not even death can free a character from the icy grip of the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Maybe Star Wars needs a self-aware story like Star Trek's How Much For Just The Planet? where the characters can take digs at being owned by a huge, amoral corporation.

We really need HISHE to have Luke, Leia, Han, Ripley and Hicks sit down at the diner/ bar and talk about their "happy ending overrides" (if not already done).

We shouldn't make the mistake of trying to forsee a story that is going to make sense. 
Having said that. Remember that the remaining imps in hiding still have some military assets . Some of which Gideon appropriated. And they've all been holding their breath for Thrawn to return, so they can all band together. So it won't be just Thrawn and storm trooper zombies. Which won't die from laser blasts, they'll just get up and throttle you. And I'm sure some of those assets are going to be an opportunity for the writers to throw in something like an inquisitor or mega weapon or whatever. So , our hero's will definitely appear to be in great peril. :shok: 
Seriously though, i hope they don't wipe out the remaining Mandos. That would just be Disney's style. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

zombies. Which won't die from laser blasts, they'll just get up and throttle you.

Where were these? All they did was act silly and slightly grabby. I used to think Walking dead had the lamest zombies, but Ahsoka proved me horribly horribly wrong.

18 minutes ago, Big s said:

Where were these? All they did was act silly and slightly grabby. I used to think Walking dead had the lamest zombies, but Ahsoka proved me horribly horribly wrong.

Actually, there are worse zombies out there:

Spoiler

The ones working in Disney's story idea and script-writing departments.

16 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Actually, there are worse zombies out there:

Hide contents

The ones working in Disney's story idea and script-writing departments.

I’m actually more afraid of those, at least they’re threatening, since they are the destroyers of beloved franchises 

52 minutes ago, Big s said:

What were you expecting from zombie versions of the guys who got lost a war to the coked-up stone age Care Bears?

Din would still find a way to lose a fight with one.  That's just how he rolls.  If he's not getting roughed up by anything that he's squaring up with, it's not The Mandalorian.

44 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Din would still find a way to lose a fight with one.  That's just how he rolls.  If he's not getting roughed up by anything that he's squaring up with, it's not The Mandalorian.

Yeah, by season 3 I think he qualifies as an old school Disney princess 

So, do we go Star Trek naming convention and call it the Razor Crest-A?

Or nickname it, calling it the Zeb-zor Crest (since Zeb’s piloting it)?

13 minutes ago, Mog said:

So, do we go Star Trek naming convention and call it the Razor Crest-A?

Or nickname it, calling it the Zeb-zor Crest (since Zeb’s piloting it)?

I think for smaller ships, it’s by the upcoming year like cars. Honestly, I don’t know how they really do years in Starwars. I know the fans like the bby goofiness, but I don’t know what they go by officially in universe