48 minutes ago, Thom said:

TS4 was the perfect ending. I loved it. And doesn't Allen not want to do these anymore..?

I liked TS4 more then TS3 myself, I thought it was a better story too with Woody having to deal with not being the favorite (or even cared about) any longer.  I've not heard that Allen didn't want to do them any longer, more along the lines of "if it is over then OK".  

It's all about the $$$$ and the story, if the story is decent but the $$$$ is good, you'd be dumb not to do it. If the story is ass but the $$$$ is good, you do it and not care. If the story is awesome but the $$$$ is bad, you do it for the residuals. 

3 hours ago, Hikuro said:

It's all about the $$$$ and the story, if the story is decent but the $$$$ is good, you'd be dumb not to do it. If the story is ass but the $$$$ is good, you do it and not care. If the story is awesome but the $$$$ is bad, you do it for the residuals. 

Matt Damon went over how Hollywood makes money when he was on Hot Ones a few years back.

https://fandomwire.com/i-would-have-to-make-100-million-before-i-got-into-profit-matt-damon-has-an-answer-for-angry-fans-who-trash-hollywood-for-not-making-good-movies-anymore/

Hot Ones, w/ Matt Damon; How Hollywood "gambles" on productions

Hot Ones, w/ Matt Damon; How Hollywood makes money with the advent of streaming vs physical media releases

Umm, how the hell does Woody reunite with Buzz and the gang when they basically parted ways at the end of 4?

Life go horribly wrong for Andy, he tries to capture some of that childhood magic, and then becomes a miserable toy collector? :p