Star Wars: Skeleton Crew - Disney +

So this is basically just the Star Wars version of Star Trek: Prodigy?

I have a bad feeling about this... not just because I'm fairly sure the series is going to be bad, but because I'm 100% sure the fans are going to cyberbully the ever-loving hell out of the child actors who worked on this pretty much no matter what.

11 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So this is basically just the Star Wars version of Star Trek: Prodigy?

I have a bad feeling about this... not just because I'm fairly sure the series is going to be bad, but because I'm 100% sure the fans are going to cyberbully the ever-loving hell out of the child actors who worked on this pretty much no matter what.

I’m not too worried about the kids, they’re probably cyber bullying already themselves, but on a serious note there is a chance it the decent. With the focus on a younger crowd, then they might not be stumbling over themselves trying to write a more adult story. A simple kids adventure might be just what’s needed and actually what Disney themselves used to be great at. I’ll keep an open mind on this one but won’t be disappointed if it’s another fail to add to the list 

Oh no! Star Wars for babies.

Jude Law is a good actor and despite this show mostly young cast it could work. Hear me out. It seems like most of these shows are written for children. When adult characters in Ahsoka and the Acolyte do something stupid it looks really bad because they're supposed to be adults. If these kid characters make stupid decisions that lead to other characters getting killed - it will now make sense because kids do stupid shit like that all the time.

My concern would be if they made an extra effort to write for a younger audience. They don't need to dumb it down even more.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m not too worried about the kids, they’re probably cyber bullying already themselves,

I'm worried about the kids.  Look what Star Wars fans did to poor Jake Lloyd.😵‍💫

14 hours ago, Big s said:

With the focus on a younger crowd, then they might not be stumbling over themselves trying to write a more adult story. A simple kids adventure might be just what’s needed and actually what Disney themselves used to be great at. I’ll keep an open mind on this one but won’t be disappointed if it’s another fail to add to the list 

Disney's proven they can't even really do THAT right anymore, though... so I'd say it's safer to assume they'll find a way to screw it up. :rofl:

Last time they did a kind friendly themed Star wars live action thing they brutally killed off a girls family in the first five minutes of the second film all because George Lucas' kids saw Heidi so he wanted to recreate the old man and little girl dynamic in space.

Man those Ewok movies were messed up.

2 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Last time they did a kind friendly themed Star wars live action thing they brutally killed off a girls family in the first five minutes of the second film all because George Lucas' kids saw Heidi so he wanted to recreate the old man and little girl dynamic in space.

Man those Ewok movies were messed up.

Maybe it’s a good thing Lucas is not in charge here

I've got a bad feeling about this...

And yes - what the fans did to Jake Loyd is unforgiveable.  He was a dreadfully bad actor but all blame for his being in SW was due to George Lucas inability to handle subtle emotions.

Is that kid a Max Rebo alien? If so what is doing that a standard set of arms and legs?  I thought Max Rebo just had legs and no arms or something like that.

54 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Is that kid a Max Rebo alien? If so what is doing that a standard set of arms and legs?  I thought Max Rebo just had legs and no arms or something like that.

If he did then he was playing the piano like instrument with his legs.  The instrument covered his bottom half so no way to know if he had legs or not IIRC.

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

A Google search turned up pre-Disney art showing that character (or another of his species) with a generally humanoid bodyplan.

Is that kid in the back a cyborg?  I thought in Star Wars those were basically lobotomized meat robots...

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Max Rebo was a rockstar, he probably had plenty of groopies of many races and a few were probably human.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Heh, just saw Jaleel White will be in this series. I hadn't seen him in anything since Family Matters as Urkel, lol.

Apparently he'll be playing a space pirate that requires heavy makeup... quite a bit of fan speculation seems to be that he'll be playing recurring pirate Hondo from The Clone Wars.

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Heh, just saw Jaleel White will be in this series. I hadn't seen him in anything since Family Matters as Urkel, lol.

Just as long as it is not Screech....

94bdc4466c5e6b89d9368aa35918ba89.gif

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

That might make it interesting to see. Just gotta keep an eye out for the character with the pants pulled up way too high. 
also, he better blow something up and use his “did I do that?” Catchphrase 

Is anyone else completely thrown by Star Wars showing a planet that actually looks like a legitimately nice place to live?

The trailer definitely doesn't do much to diminish the impression this is just a Star Wars version of Star Trek: Prodigy though.

4 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Is anyone else completely thrown by Star Wars showing a planet that actually looks like a legitimately nice place to live?

The trailer definitely doesn't do much to diminish the impression this is just a Star Wars version of Star Trek: Prodigy though.

Yeah, that isn't Star Wars. If it looks like a decent, cool place to live, that belongs in Star Trek. :p

I see what they're going for here. Hopefully this doesn't needlessly tie into the saga or Filoni-verse and can just exist as a children's' adventure set within that galaxy.

Edited by Duke Togo

On 8/6/2024 at 9:27 AM, Bolt said:

Star Wars Romper Room.

Seriously, this is exactly what we feared we'd get when Disney bought Lucasfilm 12 years ago.

I'm surprised it took this long, to be honest.

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

Seriously, this is exactly what we feared we'd get when Disney bought Lucasfilm 12 years ago.

I'm surprised it took this long, to be honest.

Feared you'd get something aimed at younger audiences? Are you new to Star Wars? They've had productions aimed at kids since the 80s.

Does everything need to revolve around what you want to see?

They want to do an Amblin-style show set in the Star Wars universe, I say go for it. Give us more of something different, I say. Andor is a spy-thriller, great. Give us horror, too. Comedy. What have you.

Edited by Duke Togo