• no3Ljm changed the title to MCU AVENGERS: Doomsday (May 2026)

Not to be confused with Superman: Doomsday.

On the one hand, I'm really curious to see RDJ's Dr. Doom. On the other hand, I'm kind of thinking WTH? I don't think making Dr. Doom a variant of Tony Stark is the right way to go, nor do I generally think casting the same actor as two different characters in the same continuity is a great idea, either. 

I suppose this means I can't accuse Marvel Studios anymore of being racist for casting Michelle Yeoh and Gemma Chan in two separate roles each and hoping we wouldn't notice...

That... is an interesting choice.

I guess so long as he leaves the mask on, it won't really matter?  But I can't help think they're trying to pull more multiverse shenanigans and play with the nature vs nurture angle. 

I'm also not deep enough into Marvel history to know whether those two characters may have ever met or interacted in some way, but after their first foray into using characters from that franchise, I'm not sure I trust them to try again.

We are desperate.

In the old days when a franchise was losing steam you'd put it to rest for 3 to 5 years then return with a new cast and retold the same stories in a new way.

Now you force actors work until they are 90.

From my understanding is they're still sticking with the Multiverse BS that's been going on since Spiderman. Some sources are saying he's still playing Tony Stark but he's a variant who becomes Dr. Doom versus being Victor Von Doom. Or they're gonna pull that stunt where actors become look-a-likes like Brandon Routh being both The Atom in the arrow-verse series and then Superman, like Johnny Blaze and Cap'n America. 

Though honestly, even I'm on burn out with marvel movies, it was fun seeing Deadpool & Wolverine, probably because it was so much less about the MCU you could get away from. 

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

From my understanding is they're still sticking with the Multiverse BS that's been going on since Spiderman. Some sources are saying he's still playing Tony Stark but he's a variant who becomes Dr. Doom versus being Victor Von Doom. Or they're gonna pull that stunt where actors become look-a-likes like Brandon Routh being both The Atom in the arrow-verse series and then Superman, like Johnny Blaze and Cap'n America. 

Lame either way.

5 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Some sources are saying he's still playing Tony Stark but he's a variant who becomes Dr. Doom versus being Victor Von Doom.

I kinda think those sources are just running on guessing for this one. Although they may end up guessing right, we’ll have to wait and see how things really turn out.

my early guess is that he’s not actually Tony or a variant since that seems like it’s giving away the twist way too early on. Like they didn’t really give any info but the twist if that were the case. I kinda think it may be something more simple as he actually will be Victor, but messed up enough in the face that we don’t associate him with Tony even though it’s the same actor, but that’s just a very early guess 

11 hours ago, Big s said:

I kinda think those sources are just running on guessing for this one. Although they may end up guessing right, we’ll have to wait and see how things really turn out.

my early guess is that he’s not actually Tony or a variant since that seems like it’s giving away the twist way too early on. Like they didn’t really give any info but the twist if that were the case. I kinda think it may be something more simple as he actually will be Victor, but messed up enough in the face that we don’t associate him with Tony even though it’s the same actor, but that’s just a very early guess 

They could *do a Collin Farrel to Pengiun make over... that's the only logical move here. 

Edited by Raikkonen

1 hour ago, Raikkonen said:

They could a Collin Farrel to Pengiun make over... that's the only logical move here. 

Dr Doom in a lot of the comic appearances where they actually showed him, he was pretty messed up looking, but it’s all just early guessing for now