Unix Square Robotech VF-1J

The new Robotech Macross series, [HEN.DOU.RYOKU], perfectly recreating the classic Veritech VF1J mecha's three-stage transformable ability!
• 3 Mode Transformation - Battloid Mode, Guardian Mode and Fighter Mode
• 22cm tall, from plastic and alloy
• Over 50 points of articulation, capturing the precise poses from the anime
• Fully painted with details
• Future release of unique armor accessories available
Special Offer
75% discount for ACG2024 pre-orders! Only 100 units !
• Original Price: HK$ 1250
• Pre-order at ACG2024, limited to 100 units: HK$940 (75% discount)
Fully painted with details
Quantities are limited, first come, first served. Don't miss out!
Hurry and pre-order at the ACG2024

Source: 

https://www.facebook.com/unixsquare

452817287_1019741052942320_396267418127393013_n.jpg

453034653_1019741009608991_7393207120956866205_n.jpg

Love it!!

I think it was fighter mode that got me excited about this. Definitely keeping an eye on this. More interesting than three zero.

I do not care for it.  The proportions are super off and the knee joint is just tiny, how the heck would the intake air pass through there?  The proportions in fighter mode are going to be horrendous.  

34 minutes ago, mark-1s said:

Waiting to see what fighter mode looks like, but so far, hard pass. 

You can check the Kids Logic thread where prototype of the Fighter and Guardian has already been posted when it got announced on page 3 and colored sample during SDCC2024 on page 4.

Based on this pic:

USTransformableVF-1.jpg.27a88f830836457600606be7dda51210.jpg

That fighter mode looks like it was already destroyed.  Hard Pass.
The most interesting thing is that Tomahawk based armored Valk.  Was that is Macross the First?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

You can check the Kids Logic thread where prototype of the Fighter and Guardian has already been posted when it got announced on page 3 and colored sample during SDCC2024 on page 4.

Thx. 
That went from hard pass to extra ultra hard pass supreme. What a gappy mess.

55 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Based on this pic:

USTransformableVF-1.jpg.27a88f830836457600606be7dda51210.jpg

The most interesting thing is that Tomahawk based armored Valk.  Was that is Macross the First?

Probably not....but the sculptor may have been inspired by a Super VF-1 shown in the MtF manga...

image.png.b321d5cbebfeef973fa34e4322e77cb8.png

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Too much VF-1's? :lol: 

Not a fan of that design and yeah, just one too many VF-1J's coming out. So many other Valkyrie designs out there. B))

2 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Not a fan of that design and yeah, just one too many VF-1J's coming out. So many other Valkyrie designs out there. B))

So true. :spiteful:

Atleast back then, Yamato saturated the market with different VF-1 variants. Letters and colors. Almost two decades after, it's just VF-1J. :rolleyes:

While getting a Macross Toy license might include a few hoops to jump through, it would be nice to see these other companies attempt Mac Plus or Mac Zero designs (even if they have to slap a RT or HG label on the side). That's where my $$$ would go. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

Man this thing looks so sick. The proportions look a little odd in just a standard A stance, but it almost reminds me of revoltech figures. I'm absolutely certain it'll look dynamic in an action pose, plus it's so cool to see stylized takes on this design. Arcadia and Bandai have striven for lineart accuracy for so long, this thing is like a breath of fresh air

I like the cartoon-ish look of the "Battloid" mode but fighter for sure is going to be a mess with those proportions. 

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Also, from this photo, are we seeing some preview of what parts are going to go yellow first? :rolleyes:

US Transformable VF-1.jpg

Not only is it fugly....it's also pre-yellowed....so you can immediately fast forward to your eventual dissapointment...

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Not only is it fugly....it's also pre-yellowed....so you can immediately fast forward to your eventual dissapointment...

Money saved. :lol: 

I like the VF-2SS feel it has to all 3 modes. Wanna see a few "birds eye" view pics   from above to see the silhouette of fighter. As long as it locks together tight. A nice change from lineart.

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think "fugly" is being rather kind to it. And yeah; that's gonna be as yellow as a lemon after about 6 months to a year.

8 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I think "fugly" is being rather kind to it. And yeah; that's gonna be as yellow as a lemon after about 6 months to a year.

It’s definitely fugly, but I do have to give them credit for being brave enough to try something different for a company that sounds like it has no 🏀s

think there's already a long conversation about this in the Kids Logic thread. But it's an easy pass for me, Battloid mode looks okay, the rest is terrible. 

15 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Too much fail here. 

image.png.494523aeb38ed251b72781e0f73067fa.png

Not only is there a big gap between the intake and chest plate, but the angle of the whole nose looks really weird. I get that they want to it such the crotch sticks out a bit in Battroid, but in Fighter the nose pointing more upwards than usual just reminds me of a wasp's arse.  

19 minutes ago, MKT said:

Not only is there a big gap between the intake and chest plate, but the angle of the whole nose looks really weird. I get that they want to it such the crotch sticks out a bit in Battroid, but in Fighter the nose pointing more upwards than usual just reminds me of a wasp's arse.  

It's also going to obstruct the pilot's vision without some kind of drop towards the front.

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Not only is there a big gap between the intake and chest plate

I usually give those gaps a pass in these early pictures due to them being prototypes and the final product usually tightens things up, but there appears to be a piece between the chestplate and intake that is in the way.