1/72 Wave Destroid Phalanx

DeltaE27

IMG_8837.jpeg.e0a0c81de5d3bf1c320cbaf11b078605.jpeg

Hello everyone! First time posting here after stumbling across the forum while in a Google search. Coincidentally this is only my second or so ever model kit from Macross after getting a lot of them from a friend downsizing their backlog (kits which now stare at me from my backlog, because this Wave destroid and others are in fact additions I made to the pile rather than projects I finished…)

I have a good amount of experience with other models (looking at you, Bandai) but am slowly working my way to the full paint and glue requirements of most of my Hasegawa kits, so the Wave destroids, in addition to being good depictions of some of my favorite machines, are a good middle ground. Not to mention they’re more proportionally accurate than the IMAI/ARII defender/Tomahawk and not nearly as intimidating as the Moscato Phalanx that are all also in that pile. 

Ultimately I’m happy with how the Phalanx came out and looking forward to the Tomahawk that’s next. And since this is my first time posting, if I’ve done anything wrong or weird with the post format, please let me know! 

IMG_8841.jpeg.1bda5a2ec755531069096a5c7a3eb2c8.jpeg

IMG_8840.jpeg.bb912a92ee90ce0c39b2cbd2150cb383.jpeg
image.jpg.bbd73858dd05137f5c938bebf2d86f16.jpg

Thank you! Yeah, I’m no good at weathering and honestly kind of like it when a kit looks minimally used. Maybe one day I’ll figure that out though. 

As for the zentradi pod, that may have been another addition to my backlog… what can I say, I like the background machines! 

Nice looking destroid. Mine needs a replacement for the antenna. One of mine snapped in half just clipping it off the runner and kinda crumbled at a lower spot just before where it gets thicker. I’ll probably use some thin spring and wire for a replacement. Just be really careful with those parts, so you don’t end up having to do minor surgery 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Big s said:

Nice looking destroid. Mine needs a replacement for the antenna. One of mine snapped in half just clipping it off the runner and kinda crumbled at a lower spot just before where it gets thicker. I’ll probably use some thin spring and wire for a replacement. Just be really careful with those parts, so you don’t end up having to do minor surgery 

It’s a good warning!

…and sadly a little late. Both of mine had the tip snap off in roughly the same place when I cut them out, so mine just has slightly shorter antennae. Then I accidentally brushed against one of them that I couldn’t see in the painting booth and snapped it again…minor surgery has occurred there, you can see a slight bulge of superglue around the middle of the left hand antenna. Wire or spring is a good idea, honestly 

Edited by DeltaE27

4 hours ago, DeltaE27 said:

It’s a good warning!

…and sadly a little late. Both of mine had the tip snap off in roughly the same place when I cut them out, so mine just has slightly shorter antennae. Then I accidentally brushed against one of them that I couldn’t see in the painting booth and snapped it again…minor surgery has occurred there, you can see a slight bulge of superglue around the middle of the left hand antenna. Wire or spring is a good idea, honestly 

Those things seemed to snap without much pressure on mine. I kept thinking oh, I can fix this, then another crumble and I just kept the one that didn’t break for measuring their replacements.

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2024 at 12:28 AM, Papa Rat said:

Wow. That looks great! 
I hope you post the Tomahawk once it’s ready to share. That and the old Bandai monster kit are on my wishlist. 

Thank you! Since I posted this I did actually finish the Tomahawk too, and I’m pretty pleased with it, but I want to wrap up a related project before I post it…so, stay tuned I guess?

2 hours ago, DeltaE27 said:

Thank you! Since I posted this I did actually finish the Tomahawk too, and I’m pretty pleased with it, but I want to wrap up a related project before I post it…so, stay tuned I guess?

Awesome! Can’t wait to see what you e been working on. ✌️