The Dagger of Kamui (Kickstarter Project)

It looks like Robert Woodhead's next project will be none other than The Dagger of Kamui from 1985:

Screenshot_20240718_132946_Chrome.jpg.ffe68de0e3d3aae01ec73c258b0f4f24.jpg

The Kickstarter hasn't launched yet though.  The last time I saw this film, I was too young to understand the plot, but I do remember admiring the animation quality.  I wonder if a re-watch would make me appreciate it more.

That’s one of those few classics that I could find at the video store on rental day. It’s not like today, where anime is everywhere with countless titles. I wouldn’t mind rewatching it now since it’s been a long time 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

That’s one of those few classics that I could find at the video store on rental day. It’s not like today, where anime is everywhere with countless titles. I wouldn’t mind rewatching it now since it’s been a long time 

In the mid 90's my local 20/20 Video had this movie plus Project A-ko, Bubblegum Crisis, Gunbuster and handful of other classics. I was so lucky the manager was an Anime fan and kept as many titles handy as he could. I miss those days, getting some Chinese take-out & renting VHS Anime films. 

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

In the mid 90's my local 20/20 Video had this movie plus Project A-ko, Bubblegum Crisis, Gunbuster and handful of other classics. I was so lucky the manager was an Anime fan and kept as many titles handy as he could. I miss those days, getting some Chinese take-out & renting VHS Anime films. 

Friday nights for a while were burger and rental nights. First stop was the video store and then to one of the many burger places. If we had friends over then it was movies and pizza . Every now and then we’d change it up with Tacos 

28 minutes ago, Big s said:

Friday nights for a while were burger and rental nights. First stop was the video store and then to one of the many burger places. If we had friends over then it was movies and pizza . Every now and then we’d change it up with Tacos 

Those sound like some fun nights! Yeah, sometimes Carls Jr. or Burger king would happen too. B))