hi , first post

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I couldn't find the presentations section, so I posted here, I apologize if I'm in the wrong section.

I recently entered the world of Macross, I'm watching Macross Delta and I have to say that I really like it. This forum is really nice and full of information about this wonderful Anime.

greetings guys 😉

22 minutes ago, Nemus said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I couldn't find the presentations section, so I posted here, I apologize if I'm in the wrong section.

I recently entered the world of Macross, I'm watching Macross Delta and I have to say that I really like it. This forum is really nice and full of information about this wonderful Anime.

greetings guys 😉

Welcome. 
nice to hear that you’re enjoying Delta. If you enjoy that, you’ll probably like frontier as well. If you get daring there’s always the older stuff as well. I personally recommend DYRL as far as great looking animation. But I’m an old fan that loves the og series.

10 hours ago, Nemus said:

Welcome!  We don't really have an "introduce yourself" section here... but we hope you'll enjoy the community nevertheless. 😀

Thanks guys, I started watching Delta by chance, I know I should have started from the beginning, but now I'll finish Delta and then maybe start another series when I have time.
For the moment I can say that I really like it.

5 hours ago, Nemus said:

Thanks guys, I started watching Delta by chance, I know I should have started from the beginning, but now I'll finish Delta and then maybe start another series when I have time.
For the moment I can say that I really like it.

Honestly, Delta is probably more suited for the modern anime audience. But if you’re ok with the older stuff from the 80’s, then I’d recommend the og series, but luckily it doesn’t seem like the newer stuff is requiring a watch of the og stuff for those that aren’t into older stuff 

7 hours ago, Nemus said:

One of the beautiful things about how Macross has been handled over the years is that every main series is written to be accessible to new fans who've ever seen Macross before, with the minimum amount of prerequisite knowledge delivered in brief expository blurbs either before or during the episode where it becomes necessary.

So starting from the very beginning is not required to enjoy each series on its own.

Watching from the beginning will get you more context about how the world of Macross has grown and changed over time, but that's more of a nice bonus than something that you'd need to do to understand what's going on in any main series.

Of course, the community here will be delighted to answer any questions you might have and help you on your journey. 😀

22 hours ago, Nemus said:

greetings guys 😉

Welcome to Macross World, Nemus!!! Good to hear that you're liking Delta; I agree with Big s that DYRL is another you'd like. I'd recommend that and Macross Plus. :D

18 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Welcome to Macross World, Nemus!!! Good to hear that you're liking Delta; I agree with Big s that DYRL is another you'd like. I'd recommend that and Macross Plus. :D

What is DYRL?

6 minutes ago, Nemus said:

What is DYRL?

The movie Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? from 1984.  Fans abbreviate that rather long title to just "DYRL" or "DYRL?".

But that's more a topic for the Movies and TV Series section. 😉

1 minute ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The movie Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? from 1984.  Fans abbreviate that rather long title to just "DYRL" or "DYRL?".

But that's more a topic for the Movies and TV Series section. 😉

oh ok, thank you so much. One at a time I think I'll see them all 😁

Welcome aboard!  Though not with the traffic it once had, you are now part of a few remaining discussion forums (of any subject or genre) left and with some participation on the net.

Enjoy!

Edited by USMCBebop

17 hours ago, USMCBebop said:

Welcome aboard!  Though not with the traffic it once had, you are now part of a few remaining discussion forums (of any subject or genre) left and with some participation on the net.

Enjoy!

thank you so much 🙂😊