Donald Sutherland, Star of ‘MASH,' ‘Klute' and ‘Hunger Games,' Dies at 88

From MSN:

Donald Sutherland, the tall, lean and long-faced Canadian actor who became a countercultural icon with such films as "The Dirty Dozen," "MASH," "Klute" and "Don't Look Now," and who subsequently enjoyed a prolific and wide-ranging career in films including "Ordinary People" and "Without Limits," has died, his agency, CAA, confirmed. He was 88.

For over a half century, Sutherland memorably played villains, antiheroes, romantic leads and mentor figures. His profile had recently increased with his supporting role as the evil President Snow in "The Hunger Games" franchise.

(more):

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/donald-sutherland-star-of-mash-klute-and-hunger-games-dies-at-88/ar-BB1oAQHo?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0319c8691efe47ee96644d4db8eb4bde&ei=21

I’ve seen so many of his films over the years and even when they want you to hate his character, he would be so great that you’d still feel a little bad if that character died. He had a great career and left many great memories 

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Didn't think how multi-generational Donald Sutherland was. I remember Donald best from his older 1960s to 1970s films while my younger wife remembers him mostly from The Hunger Games.

My lady was the same when I mentioned it. She started getting confused with kiefer until I mentioned the old guy in hunger games. She’s two years older than me and I thought for sure she’d remember him From mash, but she only remembered the show. I thought maybe invasion of the body snatchers, but that drew a blank as well. It took a bit of other films before I went with Hunger Games. I guess she was more into those movies based on y.a. book series 

Yeah I mean there's tons and tons of films I remember watching him in, damn, but a bummer. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I just would had prefered it being later.

• azrael locked this topic