Help! How the remove antenna from sdf1 1/3000

Just broke my antenna large and a small from the head of my sdf1. Any help on how to remove them safely would be appreciated. I think I might be able to fix but even if I have to get a 3d print or remove from another I would love to know ..any hints. Thank you.

Any links to a full breakdown of sdf1 would also be great I have a few I will be eventually working on and possibly modding. I do have some skills and 3d parts on the horizon for a DYRL version ..maybe I'll get some more ideas or thoughts.

I've seen some amazing build here already but no info on any breakdowns other than the leg mod for a wide stance that is fully recommended to do.

Sucks too. I just was gonna add new stickers to it or missing stickers when it happened. 😂 

24 minutes ago, nonner242 said:

Just broke my antenna large and a small from the head of my sdf1. Any help on how to remove them safely would be appreciated. I think I might be able to fix but even if I have to get a 3d print or remove from another I would love to know ..any hints. Thank you.

Any links to a full breakdown of sdf1 would also be great I have a few I will be eventually working on and possibly modding. I do have some skills and 3d parts on the horizon for a DYRL version ..maybe I'll get some more ideas or thoughts.

I've seen some amazing build here already but no info on any breakdowns other than the leg mod for a wide stance that is fully recommended to do.

Sucks too. I just was gonna add new stickers to it or missing stickers when it happened. 😂 

Can you post pictures, it may be as easy as trimming and replacing with wire but it really depends on where they are broken and how they looked before 

This is the completed 'model' put out by Hasegawa right?

If I remember correctly after the initial release Hase. Put out an unassembled version that needed to be put together.

They called it ans 'Assembly Kit'. I think your best bet would be trying to get a hold of the instructions that came with the Assembly Kit, or possibly an online build log of someone  who documented their build.

Here is a link to a 2.5 hour YouTube video of someone putting together a Hassegawa 1:300 SDF-1 Assembly Kit.

The bridge assembly occurs around 1hr 26min24 sec mark.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Chas

I'm very sorry I thought I posted it was the Matchbox or bandai 1/3000 from the 80s. The antenna used to be rubbery but had lost most of that and snapped pretty easily.  Sorry for confusion.

IMG_20240609_172029197.jpg

Oops! 😞 sorry.

22 hours ago, nonner242 said:

The large antenna removes by undoing the 2 screws on the bridge tower section of the SDF-1. That should come apart in half and then the main mast antenna should come apart. That will also allow for the removal of the smaller antenna on the tower side of the bridge. The other half has one screw; rather than take apart the entire section of the main body the bridge sits on (it's a royal pain!), you could probably use a jeweler's screwdriver to remove the broken masts.

Pics of what I mean (screws circled in green):

SDF-1Help1.jpg.1189d83d44ab1931d778c296de651c1f.jpg

SDF-1Help2.jpg.b02dc3a8a6b2286500c03b6c75f07514.jpg