HMR Macrosss Flashback 2012 VF-4 Reissue - available worldwide

MKT

43 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Can anyone tell me or show if the it's white or light grey? Numerous videos looks bright white, yet some pictures looks grey.

I don't have mine on hand but I do remember is touch darker than my HMR VF-1J. For reference purposes, here's photos from @jenius' Anymoon site showing it together with HMR VF-1J and VF-2SS. And with YamArcadia's VF-4.

Bandai-HMR-VF-4-7.jpg.18248a4b1c3ba1af794827f4c11fecfa.jpg

Bandai-HMR-VF-4-17.jpg.7c1086a3e65dbfccd279ee43ad03d419.jpg

Bandai-HMR-VF-4-21.jpg.f66eeb85bee7d01965881d295ae635e6.jpg

Bandai-HMR-VF-4-19A.jpg.25f2b544aa925f1b6fe451c0a1a0194e.jpg

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't have mine on hand but I do remember is touch darker than my HMR VF-1J. For reference purposes, here's photos from @jenius' Anymoon site showing it together with HMR VF-1J and VF-2SS. And with YamArcadia's VF-4.

26 minutes ago, jenius said:

It's a pale gray, would look white under bright photography lights.

Thanks to both. Bandai's notorious bright white yellowing curse is my deal breaker. 

I think my one persistent nitpick with the HMR VF-4 is that they just completely leveled the wings.  At least the Yamarcadia mold had them slightly drooping, but the HMR's are just straight across.

I didn't make any permanent mods, but I ended up jamming a folded clipping of a business card into the hinge to force the wings down to match the upper surface of the inboard sections.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think my one persistent nitpick with the HMR VF-4 is that they just completely leveled the wings.  At least the Yamarcadia mold had them slightly drooping, but the HMR's are just straight across.

I didn't make any permanent mods, but I ended up jamming a folded clipping of a business card into the hinge to force the wings down to match the upper surface of the inboard sections.

You know what, I forgot about that.

vf-4-fighter-lineart.png.6e44380ecd1b9a4b4dfdb1289ce176cf.png

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You know what, I forgot about that.

It is a pretty minor issue to correct though, since the HMR doesn't pin the wings like the Yamato 1/60, and they just click in and out of place, so there's really no risk of damaging them.

It would probably be pretty easy to make a permanent mod, I just didn't feel like messing with what worked. ^_^ 

ss(2024-06-06at06_36.22).jpg.41f86aa52bfbe8d7d99b62f464b81e5c.jpgss(2024-06-06at06_36.06).jpg.1e5e02479402c7b333a66d78fed2ff2d.jpg

It's about as simple a mod as you can get, just about a quarter-inch square of a business card, doubled up, and bent so it wraps under the shoulder, and up through the gap next to the wing hinge, pressing it down.  It'll fall out any time you transform it, but I keep this one in fighter mode on a shelf anyway.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

It is a pretty minor issue to correct though, since the HMR doesn't pin the wings like the Yamato 1/60, and they just click in and out of place, so there's really no risk of damaging them.

It would probably be pretty easy to make a permanent mod, I just didn't feel like messing with what worked. ^_^ 

ss(2024-06-06at06_36.22).jpg.41f86aa52bfbe8d7d99b62f464b81e5c.jpgss(2024-06-06at06_36.06).jpg.1e5e02479402c7b333a66d78fed2ff2d.jpg

It's about as simple a mod as you can get, just about a quarter-inch square of a business card, doubled up, and bent so it wraps under the shoulder, and up through the gap next to the wing hinge, pressing it down.  It'll fall out any time you transform it, but I keep this one in fighter mode on a shelf anyway.

That looks great, and I’ll try it too. :good:

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Looks better. :wub:  Thanks for sharing this. :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dig it. Definitely prefer the fighter mode art over the Gerwalk from the original release's packaging, however, I think having these flying with the Megaroad-01 in the background would have been even cooler. Thanks for sharing this!

Edited by RDX17

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Definitely better box art, but I really can't justify buying one more just for the box. :lol: 

Yeah, same.

It's the box and the display stand that are different IIRC, but yeah still can't justify when I already have the first release.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

It's the box and the display stand that are different IIRC, but yeah still can't justify when I already have the first release.

And the inside box panel.

ba241059.jpg.732de1762d409bb41c8bba0aac438a12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Curious... is this the only HMR packaged in fighter mode? I had thought that I wouldn't have to transform it when I display it with the 1/60. 

I think so, most were in battroid

29 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Anywhere one can get this from?  Didnt see it on Nin Nin Game nor CD Japan.

Wait for Mandarake in a few months?  The old version is currently at 16k yen.

Hobby Genki still has it listed for preorder as well as the usual stores in the US, with eknightmedia being the lowest I think at $115. Unless you have to have it as quickly as possible, I would think this along with the HMR Fire Valkyrie will have some deep discount sales in the future as I don't think they are going to sell all that well especially outside of Japan.

3 hours ago, Arthurius said:

Anywhere one can get this from?  Didnt see it on Nin Nin Game nor CD Japan.

Wait for Mandarake in a few months?  The old version is currently at 16k yen.

I was gonna say it's on Amazon for $130, but then I saw you're in Canada, and the only listing I saw on Amazon Canada is 254 loonies.