VF-1AG (Armored GERWALK) 3D Printed Prototype!!!

ChristopherB

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Bandai Hi-Metal R 1/100 VF-1J & GBP-1 & AG (Armored Gerwalk) Weathered Toy/Model Kit Latest Update!

I'm proud to present the prototype featuring a custom weathered VF-1J and two interchangeable armor sets!

We have (10) finished sets ready to go, and (10) unfinished sets as well.  The finished sets are of course not weathered so they will match the new appearance of your Bandai HMR Valkyrie.

I'm also considering to offer a deluxe edition of the AG set.  That comes with a brand new Bandai HMR Valkyrie & with/out the GBP-1 armor all weathered or not & also the AG armor can be custom painted to match whatever Valkyrie you want to display it on.  For example, a Max & Milia, VF-1S Roy/Hikaru that would feature paint scheme to compliment it's respective Valkyrie.  These sets would naturally be quite limited to maintain exclusivity, more expensive plus they're more time consuming to produce.  For these rare sets I've been working with someone that makes custom boxes like the 1/55 Marriage Set some of you might be familiar with.

The price will depend upon how much I have to pay for the new Bandai HMR's, AG armor sets, commission and the custom box.  But if this interests you, please let me know.  If so, please post as well the customs you would personally like.  The first picture is the regular new AG finish, pictures 2 - 7 are the custom weathered prototype.  8 - 10 are examples of a custom box, which would be made to fit the Bandai HMR set and AG set.

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Customer Finished Sets (4).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype (1).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype (2).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype (3).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype (4).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype (5).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype (6).jpg

1-55 Max & Milia Marriage Custom Boxed Set (1).jpg

1-55 Max & Milia Marriage Custom Boxed Set (2).jpg

1-55 Max & Milia Marriage Custom Boxed Set (3).jpg

Edited by ChristopherB

Hello,

I sincerely appreciate everyone's interest, right now I'm just waiting for the photoshoot.  I apologize if there was any confusion, but I was just posting the pictures of the finished set.

This thread is just for updates, and I want to follow forum policy by creating a For Sale thread in the correct forum when we're ready to take orders.  Which will be as soon as possible.  I also want to be fair and give everyone an equal chance so I'll give a 2 - 3 day advance notice beforehand.  First come, first served and one per customer to start.

Warmest regards,

Christopher

I would go with the standard finished armor.  However, I'd be interested in Max/Milia custom liveries too, but only the armor.  I wouldn't need the Valks.  

Edited by Mommar

It's confusing.  Highly suggest keeping it simple.  Offer just the HMR "regular" armor on one channel/thread, and the full valk+armor &  customizable varieties on another.  

Put me on the queue for one regular armor set. 

42 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Keeping an eye open for the 1/60 Yamato Version 2 compatible set. 

I wouldn't hold out for 1/60... awesome as it would be.   If this was a company?  Maybe.  But a hobbyist who is already making this a complex, multi-option project will get tired and want the intrigue of his next passion project.  Consider ourselves lucky if we at least get in the queue for the 1/100.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bandai Hi-Metal R 1/100 VF-1J Armored GERWALK (AG) Weathered Toy/Model Kit Photoshoot Teaser Picture!  The (10) finished and (10) unfinished kits are all packed and ready to mail!  Let this post serve as notice that I'm planning to take orders soon.  Please keep an eye out for my post in the For Sale section.

@djivaldi7Yes, I'll offer the complete set with a Valkyrie and/or GBP-1 set and custom box at a later date.  Thanks for your advice!

We also hope to offer the AG set for other Valkyrie scales/manufacturers, it's something I would love to do!

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Customer Finished Sets (6).jpg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (1).jpeg

Edited by ChristopherB

4 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

Bandai Hi-Metal R 1/100 VF-1J Armored GERWALK (AG) Weathered Toy/Model Kit Photoshoot Teaser Picture!  The (10) finished and (10) unfinished kits are all packed and ready to mail!  Let this post serve as notice that I'm planning to take orders soon.  Please keep an eye out for my post in the For Sale section.

@djivaldi7Yes, I'll offer the complete set with a Valkyrie and/or GBP-1 set and custom box at a later date.  Thanks for your advice!

We also hope to offer the AG set for other Valkyrie scales/manufacturers, it's something I would love to do!

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (1).jpeg

I'd hate to be caught and trampled underfoot like on a Black Friday store opening when you post them for sale. I'd like just the one finished kit, but don't want to burden my family with funeral expenses on top of it.

Can you post a date and time when you will make them available so I can personally brace myself with body armor and Red Bull?

9 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

Awesome.

5 hours ago, Radioguy said:

I'd hate to be caught and trampled underfoot like on a Black Friday store opening when you post them for sale. I'd like just the one finished kit, but don't want to burden my family with funeral expenses on top of it.

Can you post a date and time when you will make them available so I can personally brace myself with body armor and Red Bull?

Yeah, I've got concerns on how to get my paws on one myself. With the travel I do, odds aren't in my favor for being Johnny on the spot. I'll try though. Jumped on this bandwagon from early on!

Edited by Test_Pilot_2

Okay, I appreciate everyone who is interested and especially not wanting to miss out.  So we're going to make more as soon as possible.  I'm guessing the forums are Pacific Standard Time Zone.  It'll be on the weekend and in the evening so hopefully it's a convenient time.  I'll do my best to start the For Sale (FS) thread at the following time.

Saturday, September 14, 2024 6 PM PST

When the FS post starts, I'm asking everyone to please post the following so I have a rough idea how many more to make.  That way even if someone misses out, I can start production right away.  Even if I'm sold out, please post how many you want and what type.

1.) Finished Kits Wanted?

2.) Unfinished Kits Wanted?

3.) Custom Painted AG Sets Wanted?  (Please specify Max & Milia, Roy/Hikaru/Max/Hayao/Etc?)

4.) Would you like an AG set for HMR 2 Seaters?  (Please specify VF-1D, VT-1 & VE-1?)

Thank you!

Edited by ChristopherB
Time Check

Okay, I went through both threads in the Model & Toy section to personally message each interested member.  If I missed anyone, please feel free to message me at your earliest convenience.  Much thanks to the 3D designer and my friend/partner @magicsp00n for the photoshoot.  Credit to my 20+ year friend Tom in Chicago who handled the finished sets, packing and shipping.

Please enjoy the pictures!

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (2).jpeg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (3).jpeg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (4).jpeg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (5).jpeg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (6).jpeg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (7).jpeg

Bandai 1-100 HMR VF-1 Armored GERWALK 3D Weathered Prototype Photoshoot (8).jpeg