DX Chogokin VF-1J 50th Anniversary

MKT

Pictures don't do this thing justice... it's so much more bizarre in hand. I don't know what process they used to make the shiny plastic the way it is, obviously it's textured on the normal DX releases. Is it like an electrolysis process done to normal plastic parts? I really do need those dx gloves!

On 4/26/2024 at 4:19 AM, Spark-O-Matic said:

No! the store is very infamous in Gundam & 40K circles. Store hopes to hold you off on preorders long enough to were PayPal, Banks & Chargebacks are past the point of no return.

Store will screw you if given the chance, big time! I've latterly heard hundreds of horror stories from guys who are stand up types and only brought it up to warn others.

I have an order with them and they never reply to repeated email asking for status, after the item is available for over 1 month from other sellers. I am likely not see my money or item ever. :( 

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Pictures don't do this thing justice... it's so much more bizarre in hand. I don't know what process they used to make the shiny plastic the way it is, obviously it's textured on the normal DX releases. Is it like an electrolysis process done to normal plastic parts? I really do need those dx gloves!

Since metallics usually require a dark basecoat, I wonder if they're coating the whole thing with a black filler primer to level out the texturing, and then buffing the topcoat.

I'd be really surprised if the thing moves as well as the normal releases though, that much paint is going to wreak havoc with the tolerances.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Since metallics usually require a dark basecoat, I wonder if they're coating the whole thing with a black filler primer to level out the texturing, and then buffing the topcoat.

I'd be really surprised if the thing moves as well as the normal releases though, that much paint is going to wreak havoc with the tolerances.

Sounds like it could be a floppy mess in time with play. 😬

Seems I finally managed to grab one at Mandarake last night. Still waiting for the confirmation/invoice mail.

I really hope I didn't got cart hijacked since it took me some time to log into the site. Lol 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:02 AM, jenius said:

They look very similar to the metallic coated Gundam kits, which electroplated on top, for the uncolored metallic ones the coating thickness isn't too bad (colored metallic is much thicker).

Will need to wait for mine to show up to see how it looks up close. I have a few kits I can compare against.