DX Chogokin VF-1J 50th Anniversary

MKT

24 minutes ago, Froy said:

How some stores get their hands on items like this?

Do they have some staff members in this Bandai clubs or something? 

Given the rarity of the item I don't see anyone coming to store like Mandarake to sell it to the second market.

The Mechanics Edition also went through about the same lottery system as this 50th Anniversary, but we do see it pop up at Mandarake and elsewhere. Seeing that early lotteries are limited to higher level Tamashii members only, my best guess are these members who are collecting other lines but not Macross, just throwing their hat into the lottery & make a bit of pocket money to resell if they do get one.

We know stores like Luna Park appear to be buying on the secondary market to resell, so that's where they are getting their stock.

7 hours ago, MKT said:

The Mechanics Edition also went through about the same lottery system as this 50th Anniversary, but we do see it pop up at Mandarake and elsewhere. Seeing that early lotteries are limited to higher level Tamashii members only, my best guess are these members who are collecting other lines but not Macross, just throwing their hat into the lottery & make a bit of pocket money to resell if they do get one.

We know stores like Luna Park appear to be buying on the secondary market to resell, so that's where they are getting their stock.

If one lands in Mandarake for sure I'll grab it if I have the chance.

I would have like to grab the Mazinger Z but I don't like the gold color.

If you break out some VPN they have it on the Macross Show video

image.png.57e631b22a8bf90bba33af9ced6c0f4c.png

and I TOLD you...you are gonna need some Chogokin Gloves to handle the thing :)

image.png.dd616b30064fe6bac9c071362b84e555.png

you can see the tail fins through the backpack

image.png.4722ffa41ac60c6483a0e59403367958.png

4 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

How rare is this going to be compared to other releases like the super ostrich?

It should be similar to the Hikaru 1S Mechanic Edition is terms of effort to procure.

Super Ostrich is just P-Bandai / TWE release, and still available on Yoyakunow.

On 5/18/2024 at 12:46 AM, MKT said:

It should be similar to the Hikaru 1S Mechanic Edition is terms of effort to procure.

Super Ostrich is just P-Bandai / TWE release, and still available on Yoyakunow.

Ok thanks! I might just keep the money aside for the Elitseeker as I know its going to be impossible for me to keep one of these clean even inside a case. I've got two full time air cleaners & dehumidifiers and still dust is endless. dust itself, often from people have trace oils on them .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Was in the Tamashii NYC store on Saturday, and a clerk was aware of the 50th anniversary releases, and claimed they would get them in. I tried to pin him down on the VF-1J, as we know its no longer listed online as being available there, and we know the HG issue, and still he seemed to think they would have it...although it may be wishful thinking. He said to always watch the NYC store Instagram, as that would be the first place the store would let folks know on.

https://www.instagram.com/tns_newyork

Obviously, I wouldn't get my hopes up from this conversation alone. I really wish I could have spoken to a general manager. I think I may call during the week to see if they would know more (good or bad).

Incidentally, they have security there who still only let a few folks inside at a time like a store during the pandemic. I fear its due to theft though.

Edited by Radioguy

On 7/1/2024 at 2:27 PM, Radioguy said:

Was in the Tamashii NYC store on Saturday, and a clerk was aware of the 50th anniversary releases, and claimed they would get them in. I tried to pin him down on the VF-1J, as we know its no longer listed online as being available there, and we know the HG issue, and still he seemed to think they would have it...although it may be wishful thinking. He said to always watch the NYC store Instagram, as that would be the first place the store would let folks know on.

https://www.instagram.com/tns_newyork

Obviously, I wouldn't get my hopes up from this conversation alone. I really wish I could have spoken to a general manager. I think I may call during the week to see if they would know more (good or bad).

Incidentally, they have security there who still only let a few folks inside at a time like a store during the pandemic. I fear its due to theft though.

Yeah, I would call; having worked retail for several years, a "floor person" is liable to say anything to get a customer off their back.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 3:21 PM, Radioguy said:

Chogokin gloves??? They sell those at the Tamashii store?

Yes they do. Saw it in Tokyo Store. I was actually tempted to get one. But nah. I decided to get a shirt instead. :lol: 

IMG_2644.jpeg.202021d8324ee7ee2339769afe7cb1cc.jpeg

Some photos I took of the VF-1J at the Tokyo Store.

IMG_2603.jpeg.5f4eee093267c3f90d689760ded9f501.jpeg

IMG_2604.jpeg.672e01737dffb9ff26a5266c63bbe059.jpeg

IMG_2605.jpeg.549b558f470dd9898e09f077e860aaf5.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg.eb616eb3d51e3553059eced67bff7523.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg.8bdfe46876085ad3b829215d733084ed.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 weeks later...

It's unlikely there will be any left, but I'll pick one up if they're still available at the Tamashii store in Tokyo when I'm there in September.

Absolutely no way I would pay any aftermarket markup for it though.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's unlikely there will be any left, but I'll pick one up if they're still available at the Tamashii store in Tokyo when I'm there in September.

Absolutely no way I would pay any aftermarket markup for it though.

In the end, what do you expect to spend if they still have them?

...and yes, I wonder if you could pick up two. 😉

EDIT: Maybe a pair of gloves too. 😄

Edited by Radioguy

2 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

In the end, what do you expect to spend if they still have them?

...and yes, I wonder if you could pick up two. 😉

EDIT: Maybe a pair of gloves too. 😄

The placard says 33k yen with tax, so that's my limit. 🫠

Sure I can grab you one if they still have them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to grab one off Buyee for 40000 yen, thanks to a discount coupon for Mercari that Buyee had. Shipping to Buyee is free and it should cost about 6000 yen for shipping the the US. I am not a huge fan of the paint job. Think I might whip out the air brush and do a custom paint job on it. Since it's a clean slate, no logos, text, etc. on it to feel bad about panting over.🤷‍♂️

man these recent photos make it look soooo good.  this is a collection centerpiece man.  i know some on MW don't love it but i do.  when i finally get to set up a display room (or half a room most likely) in a few years, i'm gonna make room for this.  hopefully i can get one or two of these.

They released the user guide, but unfortunately it has nothing we've not seen before, aside form a different cover page
Its all standard vf-1j stuff

https://tamashiiweb.com/images/item/item_0000014921_DA399tTG_300.pdf

the stand has the 50th logo
image.png.aeef51be4f370b08bcfd62bcc345d862.png

and I guess if anyone really cares, the pilot is a monochrome DYRL version, not from the TV
Guess if you don't get the TV hands you get the movie pilot

image.png.125194ef3bb904dc60b8c1d49b2dc113.png

Hikaru "Stealth" Iichijo
image.png.080aae79ef6b4ba55679cabdc4f0f770.png