12 hours ago, MKT said:

I agree 110%. I guess after being in the hobby for a certain time, we notice patterns emerge from toy makers over time and Bandai today is not like Bandai a decade ago.

Bandai a decade ago appear to be more willing to complete lines, but Bandai today just likes to blue-balls folks.

Even if they suddenly decide to continue a line after a long hiatus, the core concepts of the line can be quite different, likely due to a different person overseeing it being the large corporation that they are.
I’m only noticing this seeing how the recent SHF Guile (Street Fighter) being quite different in execution than the older SHF Street Fighter figures, & Guile was released a good few years after the last release before it.
And now, we may be seeing the same thing with the DX YF-21, when it looks to have different core concepts of what a DX Chogokin Macross should be. This only makes me appreciate Arcadia even more because we know Mr. K is the driving force behind their Macross products, & so far he has done well bringing his ideas of what a Macross toy should be to fruition.

If the HMR Regult Scout & rest of Destroids are released I hope there won’t be any radical changes from when they were last previewed.

On the change of Bandai over time, makes me think of a podcast that Elon Musk did where he pointed out that simply by not exercising the "muscle" of technology, technology can be lost over time.  There is no guarantee that some bookkeeper is hiding away in a niche somewhere diligently recording all of man's advances for the next brave souls to build on it.  He said that when they built Space X rockets, much of it had to be learned from scratch because NASA hadn't built rockets from the sixties.  Although I think there are different forces at play here, maybe some internal, maybe some inevitable market forces, I wonder if that doesn't factor into it.  You can't just pick up where you left off.

I hope the same for the Regult Scout and the rest of the Destroids.  Although I do have to wonder about that any change in the YF-21 may ultimately be due to the Naamco rebranding from Bandai.  Is this the first official DX release from the Naamco brand that isn't essentially just a rework from an old mold (e.g. VF-1's to death).  My gut tells me it is (although I am no expert, and ask in earnest piety).  I wrote another post (forgot the thread) hypothesizing that this new rebranding effort was part of an overall pivot within the company away from toymaking fundamentals.  Scary to think, but Bandai may be anticipating a tectonic shift away from hard tangible things like toys to the virtual world (I read the quarterly and annual statements where they announced Naamco, and there was a sizable budget allotment to electronic media, in another newly conceived division, if memory serves).  I wonder then if any noticeable shift in quality is not due to this rebranding effort.  I certainly hope not, and hope that this is all just paranoia on my part.  But knowing how large corporate conglomerates operate ...  The good news of course is that if this "reimagining" results in overall degradation of the product, then all of what came before will go up in value.  

And I hear you about Yamato's consistency.  Always dependable, and one of the most elegant jet forms.  And had no idea about Mr. K.  Had him mentioned occasionally here and there, but interesting info.

Got these a few days ago but immediately started to try to take apart wolverine apart.  Note* you cannot pull his torso apart.  I'd guess it's the same for all the marvel legends with that type of articulation. Any way that process of heating up the figure I lost a claw.  Fortunately old credit cards are useful for need of flexible plastic.  I remade a claw as best I could and painted them all silver. But I like the fig. Looking forward to brown and tiger stripe wolverine with this articulation.  Hopefully wolverine from  the Deadpool and wolverine will have a diaphragm joint too. 

IMG_20240711_091949.jpg

IMG_20240711_091928.jpg

IMG_20240711_091816.jpg

Wasn't planning to get this at all, but a chance popped up to pick it up cheap, and I took it.
I like the arcade cabinet-style packaging of the normal versions better haha.

JadaEvilRyuNRMnt.jpg.b02e385deba6608d6ffc94a2bd36f257.jpg

Catching back up on some of the diecast 1/100 jets I missed. Usually these sold out instantly even on PO, due to no one else having made them at this scale before.

Convair F-106A Delta Dart.

6F2F99F7-B663-4FA2-9E07-04D69FD50B98.jpeg.765256d7f0a6ec7571d44cac69c5b3fa.jpeg