I know I'm probably one of two people that give a damn about these shmup figures, but this one was a huge find for me. Sealed, beautiful condition. Seen these posted for obnoxious prices for years and I got lucky and got one of the good ones at a fair price. So stoked right now.

20240626_141204.jpg

16 minutes ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

I know I'm probably one of two people that give a damn about these shmup figures, but this one was a huge find for me. Sealed, beautiful condition. Seen these posted for obnoxious prices for years and I got lucky and got one of the good ones at a fair price. So stoked right now.

20240626_141204.jpg

Cool purchase. :good:
Was it from Mandarake? I actually been watching one there for weeks, & surprised no one bought it for so long despite its rather good price. 

Always loved the fast paced gameplay & banging soundtrack of Thunder Force series, & TF5 was the very last one I played on the Saturn. So much nostalgia..

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Cool purchase. :good:
Was it from Mandarake? I actually been watching one there for weeks, & surprised no one bought it for so long despite its rather good price. 

Always loved the fast paced gameplay & banging soundtrack of Thunder Force series, & TF5 was the very last one I played on the Saturn. So much nostalgia..

Yes! What a crazy awesome price! I picked up a few other goodies, too. Either somebody snagged another estate sale or someone didn't pay their storage container rent and the contents got auctioned off. There are a few other unicorns out there, too.

I'm thankful you didn't gobble it up when you could, lol. It's spectacular. I appreciate you giving me a chance to get this piece.

9 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Yes! What a crazy awesome price! I picked up a few other goodies, too. Either somebody snagged another estate sale or someone didn't pay their storage container rent and the contents got auctioned off. There are a few other unicorns out there, too.

I'm thankful you didn't gobble it up when you could, lol. It's spectacular. I appreciate you giving me a chance to get this piece.

Well I haven't bought any TF merch yet. Still waffling on the Figma Fire Leos, but I finally have the Figma Cerberus & Albatross on the way only because they were still on heavy discount from MSRP.

But congrats again on the RVR.. :good:so many other examples that have popped up before always had some missing pieces.

5 hours ago, Negotiator said:

IMG_20240626_171445.jpg.f680da2045319a9b5c8cb87625244211.jpg

I like the colors of this Psylocke.. but her leg is impossible long lol.

Jada Toys 1/12 red Chun Li.

95255BEC-66ED-4D82-8FC0-865A8386B6A8.jpeg.bb1dd78ed3514f75216af109c7e0009c.jpeg

Don’t know why I continue to be impressed by the packaging, which mimics an arcade cabinet. I’m still reluctant to unbox these figures lol.

C7675737-7BB2-456A-911C-81ACFD9C9C91.jpeg.29b0fe16d98f6e27b8deadf9a06a3d06.jpeg

I hope Jada continues to release Player 2 colours.

12AEC0F2-DE6D-4A4B-8FC6-CEAB6EBD30B8.jpeg.7b73e4fdb99b101648a2f37559c1be9d.jpeg

Every once a while we come across deals we can’t refuse.

I stepped into my local department store recently, & they had some pieces of Bburago 1/24 cars in the bargain bin.

These are older pieces, the boxes were extremely beat up & have just about the most shelf wear one can see, with yellowed viewing windows, some collapsed, but they ultimately look unopened.

So I picked up a few pieces, each for only an equivalent of $5. The one I like most of the lot is a Fiat 500 Abarth.

48096DEC-F8B7-4A25-8DB8-1D72F33F4BC1.jpeg.e5dbb3bb689cd9ecf32e89b920b68987.jpeg

I looked the actual car up & thought it’s crazy it’s still in production today, like the current Nissan GTR. But it has a rather timeless design.

D67BD249-248D-4C8D-86A3-9E9104E0ABC0.jpeg.0c829ec58002640f8b0411df017e3da5.jpeg

The rest of the lot.

FEDD9CD0-17BC-418F-9571-6C1F12318B01.jpeg.8b6a08c2d73d71aa8829d022e6ce0639.jpeg

On 6/6/2024 at 10:08 PM, sh9000 said:

Damn cool.  Someday I will get some of the sealed items AFA graded.

Definitely worth it.  Works best for the vintage figures, but there are a few modern ones out there that would work.  HMR Orguss and DX armored Vf-1 come to mind.

On 7/4/2024 at 10:10 PM, MacrossMania said:

This is such a gorgeous piece.  Keep telling myself I need to get one.  Gonna disappear soon and then I'll be sorry.

Please do get if you can. The price dipped slightly below MSRP upon release, but now it has gone back up to be on par. I hope Bandai continues with this line, would like the Olson colours next.. 

57 minutes ago, MKT said:

Please do get if you can. The price dipped slightly below MSRP upon release, but now it has gone back up to be on par. I hope Bandai continues with this line, would like the Olson colours next.. 

That's the problem though.  Bandai always stops mid stream, and then you're left holding the bag.  I can only hold my breath for so long before I lose interest.  They did the same thing with the HMR mechas.  Released some of the regults and destroids, but skipped over some of the key ones that are still missing from the line.  Phalanx is my favorite, but they've been teasing that for a couple of years now.  And the scout and heavy missile regults look great, but where are they?  They've been out there in the collective marketing ether for a couple of years.  Those models are just rolling around gathering dust on the shelves of some odd Con or other, where they pop up occasionally, but aside from that, you never see them again.  It's a cynical marketing ploy.

It used to be that toymaking was a reliable assembly line process back in the 80's.  You could guarantee a basic run of figures and vehicles and collect them all no questions asked.  Now it's become a game of cat and mouse with the collectors who are ever eager to spin the latest teaser into an endless series of FB posts and fandom page screeds that amount to nothing more than free PR for Bandai.  I get tired of it honestly.

29 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

That's the problem though.  Bandai always stops mid stream, and then you're left holding the bag.  I can only hold my breath for so long before I lose interest.  They did the same thing with the HMR mechas.  Released some of the regults and destroids, but skipped over some of the key ones that are still missing from the line.  Phalanx is my favorite, but they've been teasing that for a couple of years now.  And the scout and heavy missile regults look great, but where are they?  They've been out there in the collective marketing ether for a couple of years.  Those models are just rolling around gathering dust on the shelves of some odd Con or other, where they pop up occasionally, but aside from that, you never see them again.  It's a cynical marketing ploy.

It used to be that toymaking was a reliable assembly line process back in the 80's.  You could guarantee a basic run of figures and vehicles and collect them all no questions asked.  Now it's become a game of cat and mouse with the collectors who are ever eager to spin the latest teaser into an endless series of FB posts and fandom page screeds that amount to nothing more than free PR for Bandai.  I get tired of it honestly.

I agree 110%. I guess after being in the hobby for a certain time, we notice patterns emerge from toy makers over time and Bandai today is not like Bandai a decade ago.

Bandai a decade ago appear to be more willing to complete lines, but Bandai today just likes to blue-balls folks.

Even if they suddenly decide to continue a line after a long hiatus, the core concepts of the line can be quite different, likely due to a different person overseeing it being the large corporation that they are.
I’m only noticing this seeing how the recent SHF Guile (Street Fighter) being quite different in execution than the older SHF Street Fighter figures, & Guile was released a good few years after the last release before it.
And now, we may be seeing the same thing with the DX YF-21, when it looks to have different core concepts of what a DX Chogokin Macross should be. This only makes me appreciate Arcadia even more because we know Mr. K is the driving force behind their Macross products, & so far he has done well bringing his ideas of what a Macross toy should be to fruition.

If the HMR Regult Scout & rest of Destroids are released I hope there won’t be any radical changes from when they were last previewed.