WAVE 1/100 VF-1S/A Strike/Super Valkyrie (Battroid & Fighter)

no3Ljm

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looks really good, but it's an easy pass for me. Just not my scale. And I've got so many VF-1's I already need to build..

I've got a bunch in 1/72 and 1/48, but I could see these as being useful for displaying next to Bandai's newer 1/100 kits. I haven't heard anything about Bandai doing a 1/100 VF-1 yet.

3 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I've got a bunch in 1/72 and 1/48, but I could see these as being useful for displaying next to Bandai's newer 1/100 kits. I haven't heard anything about Bandai doing a 1/100 VF-1 yet.

That’s actually why I just picked up a set. I have a feeling that Bandai will eventually get around to it, but it’s probably gonna be a while. They’ve got an issue with selling their kits on Japanese sites to foreign buyers and selling these in the states is another roadblock since harmony gold will probably pull some licensing costs Bandai doesn’t usually like to pay. It puts what would more than likely be a far superior kit in limbo for a while. And they know the vf-1 is way more popular stateside than any other design. And currently the only site that can sell Bandai kits in Japan seems to be hlj that limits the amount of kits to a 1 per customer thing.

i also think Bandai is gonna cash in on the availability of other Macross series with that Disney deal and probably do a bunch of kits from zero and Frontier and Delta and maybe even stuff from 2 and a vf-4 . 

So for now as far as 1/100 VF-1, it’s gonna be wave kits for a bit. I already have the basic 1A set from years ago and it fairly decent. I didn’t have the cash for the super or strikes when the originally released and just picked up the supers for now. It would be kind of interesting to see if Wave would do 1/100 destroids or zentraedi mecha, but that’s wishful thinking for now.