DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

On 9/23/2024 at 7:52 PM, jenius said:

The DX had removable vertical stabilizer so they should have given us regulation and small stabilizers. The real problem is that the DX doesn't have a backpack lock so Bandai used those new clips (repeating Yamato's mistake). The 1/48 Yamato had the top hook that would have solved this problem but there are so many more elegant solutions to a backpack lock that should have been employed all along. Blah!

I don’t recall the Yamato 1/60 v2 VT-1 having a hook lock due to the tail panel folding over the dorsal part of the fighter. This having the clips for the vertical stabilizers Instead.

47 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I don’t recall the Yamato 1/60 v2 VT-1 having a hook lock due to the tail panel folding over the dorsal part of the fighter. This having the clips for the vertical stabilizers Instead.

Correct, Bandai appears to have used the Yammy V2 as its inspiration on the DX VT-1 backpack which is too bad. The statement earlier about the brace making the toy friendlier to handle is a fair point. It would put a lot of pressure on whatever backpack locking mechanism Bandai had chosen if the go-to move is to lift the toy by the boosters in battroid mode. Still, if Bandai ever does release that 1/32 VF-1, I would hope they would go with a locking mechanism rather than a non-canon bracket. It really wouldn't take much engineering. Imagine if there were pegs that went down into the arms in fighter mode that then rotated backward to prevent the backpack from having room to swing back down in battroid.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Correct, Bandai appears to have used the Yammy V2 as its inspiration on the DX VT-1 backpack which is too bad. The statement earlier about the brace making the toy friendlier to handle is a fair point. It would put a lot of pressure on whatever backpack locking mechanism Bandai had chosen if the go-to move is to lift the toy by the boosters in battroid mode. Still, if Bandai ever does release that 1/32 VF-1, I would hope they would go with a locking mechanism rather than a non-canon bracket. It really wouldn't take much engineering. Imagine if there were pegs that went down into the arms in fighter mode that then rotated backward to prevent the backpack from having room to swing back down in battroid.

I see where you’re going with and that is an interesting approach to a potential solution. But before Bandai goes and creates something like this I would rather they address the back slung backpack in GERWALK which is the same issue of the low slung backpack in BATTROID mode. If this issue was addressed first, new better proportioned vertical stabilizers can be materialized.