DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

That just looks freaking amazing. I loathe the non-white landing gear on the DX. This is how it should have been released.
(also with larger freaking tailfins...even a replacement option like the angel bird, if they needed to resolve some anime magic)

image.png.fa1271f8d81b66def841a7e2709e2f7b.png

The gear really do improve the whole presence.

almost wish this one's colors matched the VF-1D, just so I could do a straight backpack swap (or rather, I wish the VF-1D used these colors), but I might still try adapting some Hasegawa tails as an option.

It would be a nice option, but considering I only really want to display this in either fighter mode with the boosters, or "tent mode," the smaller tails won't really stand out.

43 minutes ago, Sayroll said:

Got an answer from Luna Park regarding broken tailfins:

"yes, we reported to Bandai.

they are aware of the defective issue.

we will let customer know once Bandai announced the solution, thanks"

What solution do you think Bandai will come up with?

hmm.

I reckon another stickers/decals "solution" to be included in the next DX VF-1 TWE release...

😝

:bump:

I assuming this whole QC mess (including the YF-21 issues) is going to get pinned on whatever factory they contracted with.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping they make spare parts available for both releases.  Because of how the backpack is assembled, it would likely involve the entire backpack assembly.  If they do that, I will absolutely try and get ahold of one to customize with bigger tails as an option.

Also waiting on a third from Yoyakunow, so if I lose the QC roulette, I may be customizing one anyhow.

Edited by Chronocidal

Posted (edited)

What will Bandai do about the broken tails & sensors? Maybe they'll just send these out instead.  :p

ChogokinPlasticWeld.jpg.6e8dc48051c5c0acb5d8d9a987a5f601.jpg

But seriously @Sayroll @Radioguy, hopefully Luna Park comes back with something positive... 

Edited by MKT

49 minutes ago, MKT said:

What will Bandai do about the broken tails & sensors? Maybe they'll just send these out instead.  :p

While that may be funny to you, is the thought of me reporting to the ER with my fingers glued together amusing as well? Hmm?

😉

On 8/4/2024 at 2:16 PM, Pyroness said:

I'm having a similar issue with Luna park currently. I was a day 1 preorder and they still haven't shipped mine yet. I emailed them and just got a response saying they'll need to check with the warehouse tomorrow on why mine hasn't shipped yet. 

Same here, same answer about check with the warehouse. Bad thing is that 6 months Paypal protection has already expired.

25 minutes ago, betocc said:

Same here, same answer about check with the warehouse. Bad thing is that 6 months Paypal protection has already expired.

Seems that the hold up might now actually be them not wanting to ship defective stock. I know that seems like glass-half-full optimism, but it may be the case they are being careful. Fingers crossed.

Also, did you use a credit card to fund the PP transaction? It's a longer shot, but the issuer might decide in your favor on a chargeback.

17 hours ago, MKT said:

Now I get why white sneakers were a big trend for a long time lol.. Nice :good:

:rofl:

9 hours ago, Reïvaj said:

Great job, Lolicon, as usual!!! What did you use for the panel lines? A mechanical pencil? It looks subtle...

A good portion of it is mechanical pencil. I'm so familiar with the VF-1 at this point that I can do through them pretty fast with a pencil. A few spots I used modeler's wash on.

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

That just looks freaking amazing. I loathe the non-white landing gear on the DX. This is how it should have been released.
(also with larger freaking tailfins...even a replacement option like the angel bird, if they needed to resolve some anime magic)

image.png.fa1271f8d81b66def841a7e2709e2f7b.png

That's the thing about Bandai's DX. It's amazingly detailed with lots of tampo printing, but then they cut corners here and there that bring the appearance down, like the unpainted landing gear or tiny TV pilot figures. Then they forget to paint the wing lights on this release. Recent issues with damaged parts right out of the box only makes things worse.

These are not things that should be happening when people are spending $250+ on a toy.

I can only imagine the outrage in the Gundam community if Bandai released a Metal Build Gundam and decided to go with bare diecast feet instead of painting them red. :crazy:

4 hours ago, MKT said:

But seriously @Sayroll @Radioguy, hopefully Luna Park comes back with something positive... 

Anyone interested in a Bandai-Namco brand hair dryer for fixing bent parts?

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Anyone interested in a Bandai-Namco brand hair dryer for fixing bent parts?

Only if there is another hair-dryer to fix the bandai-namco hair dryer.

Edited by seti88

10 hours ago, Radioguy said:

While that may be funny to you, is the thought of me reporting to the ER with my fingers glued together amusing as well? Hmm?

😉

It will come with Chogokin gloves - the real reason it was made. :crazy: 

image.png.fdf14816a232af10ade980b1a30e01a0.png.88ee10e5d696448a442bf4def23a4fc8.png

Ok I'll show myself out now.. 

4 minutes ago, MKT said:

It will come with Chogokin gloves - the real reason it was made. :crazy: 

image.png.fdf14816a232af10ade980b1a30e01a0.png.88ee10e5d696448a442bf4def23a4fc8.png

Ok I'll show myself out now.. 

hope bandai doesnt include a broken glove finger tip in that glove release..

Well, I'd ordered one each from AE and Luna Park.  Received both and both are intact with no breakages, thankfully.  Kind of a bummer as I wanted to keep one unopened, but whatever.  I just feel fortunate I lucked out and don't have to deal with some of the issues many of you are having to deal with.image.jpeg.490f05b2bf260222ff5203027039a2d9.jpegimage.jpeg.09e77d536966fd096cec84ce22a9b058.jpegimage.jpeg.f365e53f37a97e33d0269dcf81ed7b49.jpeg

19 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Kind of a bummer as I wanted to keep one unopened, but whatever.

With how known this issue is, any serious collector wouldn't hold it against you should you decide to sell it. And if it didn't matter to you, you wouldn't have opened it.

Really, there's no real reason for self-recrimination on opening it. That's for all on the fence.

25 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Well, I'd ordered one each from AE and Luna Park.  Received both and both are intact with no breakages, thankfully.  Kind of a bummer as I wanted to keep one unopened, but whatever.  I just feel fortunate I lucked out and don't have to deal with some of the issues many of you are having to deal with.image.jpeg.490f05b2bf260222ff5203027039a2d9.jpegimage.jpeg.09e77d536966fd096cec84ce22a9b058.jpegimage.jpeg.f365e53f37a97e33d0269dcf81ed7b49.jpeg

Glad to hear it. If i was buying anything DX , i would ask the seller to open and inspect. 

1 hour ago, mantisfists said:

Well, I'd ordered one each from AE and Luna Park.  Received both and both are intact with no breakages, thankfully.  Kind of a bummer as I wanted to keep one unopened, but whatever.  I just feel fortunate I lucked out and don't have to deal with some of the issues many of you are having to deal with.image.jpeg.490f05b2bf260222ff5203027039a2d9.jpeg

congrats on getting two intact.

that "sunset beach" pic should have minmay in the rear  

Third copy just arrived from Yoyakunow, looks like everything's in good shape on a quick inspection, but will do a quick transform later when I get time.  Took them a little while to get it shipped out, but once they did, FedEx got it here in really good time, and for a really surprisingly low price as well.  Think I paid about $35 to get it here.

Wonder if they have a bulk deal with FedEx that's giving them better rates, since I haven't seen shipping that cheap for a while.

Now it's time to repaint one of the spare helmeted Hikarus into a Roy. ^_^ 

For these breaks on the ailerons and other parts, this is just ridiculous. Bandai has some nerve with their "we're aware of this" line. Maybe the next time they do a pre-order, folks should just tell them "Yeah, we're aware of it" and go look at something that doesn't break just by being observed.

Anyways, My recommendation is to use my usual suggestion: Devcon Plastic welder, and either brass wire or small brass strip to secure it into place.

Bandai just might want to consider making the hinge itself out of metal and the tail-fins glue or snap into place on them.

One of these days, I'll learn my lesson and never attempt to fix Bandai's screw-ups. :p 

Third VT-1 looks like it's just missing the ratchet for the left gerwalk joint, or at least missing a few teeth.  After the first notch, the leg just flops down.

I started trying to pry out the screw cover to disassemble the thigh, and see if it's just loose.. only to realize the entire leg is locked together by multiple layers of screwed and glued panels, and to take the hip joint apart I would need to disassemble the entire leg.  So, after chipping away a slice of the screw cover, I gave up, leaving it with a minor scar on the inner thigh.

This one will just be staying in fighter mode (with or without the boosters) so I don't have to rely on that joint any.

Kind of amusing, this one leg feels sloppy the exact same way as my first VF-1J, which took a five-foot swan dive into a pile of boxes during the 2019 earthquake.  Wonder if those upper thigh ratchets are just a hidden weak point in the design.

Annnnnnd the final cherry on top, since I got my VT-1 via fedex (using Buyee Air, which they chose the cheapest), I just now got a customs bill to pay on my broken tail fin toy of awesomeness.

Just great.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Annnnnnd the final cherry on top, since I got my VT-1 via fedex (using Buyee Air, which they chose the cheapest), I just now got a customs bill to pay on my broken tail fin toy of awesomeness.

Just great.

how much was customs charge for the VT-1?

Has anyone ordered this from Anime-Export? I paid my shipping August 1 last week. August 2, following day, I have my DHL info posted by Anime-Export. That's it. No movement since. And it's already August 8. I just shoot an inquiry message a few minutes ago via their Contact page.

I'm in no rush. This is actually the first time I've experienced from them this slow shipment process. But I just want to know if anyone experienced this from them esp for this item and if this is their regular norm now? Thanks.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Has anyone ordered this from Anime-Export? I paid my shipping August 1 last week. August 2, following day, I have my DHL info posted by Anime-Export. That's it. No movement since. And it's already August 8. I just shoot an inquiry message a few minutes ago via their Contact page.

I'm in no rush. This is actually the first time I've experienced from them this slow shipment process. But I just want to know if anyone experienced this from them esp for this item and if this is their regular norm now? Thanks.

Not this, but their customer service has taken a huge dive as of late in my opinion. I won't be dealing with them again.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

See, I want to say I had the same sort of experience, but it wasn't just AE, and it wasn't just DHL.

I had two separate shipments by two separate methods just held up with no explanation and no update for several days shipping recently, one by DHL, and one by EMS.  They just stalled out after the tracking number was sent to me, and then I received no updates until the day they were out for delivery.