DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

No problem. Try not to worry if you can; sometimes these things just happen and it's a minor glitch. It'll probably be underway soon. :)

Thanks!

I will try to stay calm, not worry too much, and not show my daughter my hysterical Macross toy collector-side.... who am I kidding, she always sees my hysterical Macross toy collector-side. LOL

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Don't mind me.... I was just playing with my daughter using paint program. We made this Super Ostrich together...

ostrich.png

Better than blue spandex with a big 'S' on the chest. 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Don't mind me.... I was just playing with my daughter using paint program. We made this Super Ostrich together...

ostrich.png

Specifically in Gerwalk mode or maybe... Ostwalk.

If anyone's lamenting their inability to secure the Super-O, stop.  This thing's a floppy POS.  I've bought most every post-original series Macross DX and I have to confess that this is the first time I've been disappointed with a DX.  I transformed it from valkyrie to battroid and I don't care if I ever set eyes upon it again.  I'm disgusted thoroughly.  Who wants it?  Make me an offer.

25 minutes ago, 26662 said:

This thing's a floppy POS.

Floppy?

sloppy.jpg.89cfbd5c37cfd1b5f983ed9dea571257.jpg

Mine's as solid as any other DX Chogokin VF-1 in my collection... which is to say, considerably more stable than most Valkyrie toys, even.

38 minutes ago, tekering said:

Floppy?

sloppy.jpg.89cfbd5c37cfd1b5f983ed9dea571257.jpg

Mine's as solid as any other DX Chogokin VF-1 in my collection... which is to say, considerably more stable than most Valkyrie toys, even.

Most valks?  Nah.  Regarding transformation… How many times did your hips detach from the swing bar?  Or the swing bar assembly detach from the nosecone?  Or the gap fillers, which appear to be absent from your pic, pop out?  Or the vertical stabilizers wiggle free from the woefully inadequate dorsal tabs?  Or the nosecone flip out?  Or the heat shield pop off?  Or the thrusters fall off?  P…O…S…  I’ll stick with my 1/55s.  Again, taking offers.  If this is your jam, take it.

Edited by 26662

22 minutes ago, 26662 said:

Most valks?  Nah.  Regarding transformation… How many times did your hips detach from the swing bar?  Or the swing bar assembly detach from the nosecone?  Or the gap fillers, which appear to be absent from your pic, pop out?  Or the vertical stabilizers wiggle free from the woefully inadequate dorsal tabs?  Or the nosecone flip out?  Or the heat shield pop off?  Or the thrusters fall off?  P…O…S…  I’ll stick with my 1/55s.  Again, taking offers.  If this is your jam, take it.

WOW, now I’m really curious to see what condition you got your VT-1 in. 

24 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

WOW, now I’m really curious to see what condition you got your VT-1 in. 

By all outward appearances, it’s perfectly imperfect.  Just as Bandai designed it.  😔

Edited by 26662

14 hours ago, 26662 said:

How many times did your hips detach from the swing bar?  Or the swing bar assembly detach from the nosecone?  Or the gap fillers, which appear to be absent from your pic, pop out?  Or the vertical stabilizers wiggle free from the woefully inadequate dorsal tabs?  Or the nosecone flip out?  Or the heat shield pop off? Or the thrusters fall off?

♫ "Hear the word of the Lorrrrd." ♫

20 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks!

I will try to stay calm, not worry too much, and not show my daughter my hysterical Macross toy collector-side.... who am I kidding, she always sees my hysterical Macross toy collector-side. LOL

My VT-1 was supposed to be delivered today... but it is still showing up on DHL status page as being on hold.

Yep, now my anxiety is spiraling out of control again... sigh.

On 7/27/2024 at 4:05 PM, Shawn said:

I am so lucky with these recent DX purchases, seriously WTH.
Open the box and I have a broken tail fin.
At least I can officially confirm that its molded in ORANGE.
Bought from Mercari, so no one to help.

Guess we'll see how well super-glue works.

image.png.007f8f6d98feba36256c75b3a94d7013.png

image.png.515ef25b02df3adce3d97f25633b351f.png

The good thing is that is an easy repair. The material responds well to using Plastruct PlasticWeld. And since the plastic is not painted you can clean the parts and polish them free of any residue for an almost invisible repair.

A while back I did a repair for member here and it came out nice and strong. 

I had to remove CA glue first then begin the repair, which was applied by the owner but it did not hold well. So I masked off areas I didn’t want binder on. Then applied a coat to both sides. And put the parts together. Hold for 20-30 secs and let dry for 2-7 days. Dry fit several times before you do anything. This will make it more natural for you to put everything into proper alignment.

You can see I lifted the Valkyrie by the broken vertical stabilizer to test its strength. Then polished the 1J good as new and sent it back.

If you want me to repair it, I can definitely do it.

image.jpeg.533ada47324a37b636df61c1040b284c.jpegimage.jpeg.0c55317dc9e209136bcbbec0e202f2b1.jpegimage.jpeg.75aaa6f2849e844b67b1c13a5a5ea118.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

5 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

The good thing is that is an easy repair. The material responds well to using Plastruct PlasticWeld. And since the plastic is not painted you can clean the parts and polish them free of any residue for an almost invisible repair.

A while back I did a repair for member here and the came out nice and strong. 

I had to remove CA glue first then begin the repair, which was applied by the owner but it did not hold well. So I asked off areas I didn’t want binder on. Then applied a coat to both sides. And put the parts together. Hold for 20-30 secs and let dry for 2-7days. Dry fit several times before you do anything. This will make it more natural for you to put everything into proper alignment.

You can see I lifted the Valkyrie by the broken vertical stabilizer to test its strength. Then polished the 1J good as new and sent it back.

If you want me to repair it, I can definitely do it.

image.jpeg.533ada47324a37b636df61c1040b284c.jpegimage.jpeg.0c55317dc9e209136bcbbec0e202f2b1.jpegimage.jpeg.75aaa6f2849e844b67b1c13a5a5ea118.jpeg

Hmm, the whole item need not be shipped; does it?

Nice first impression. The color looks great! For in finish is superb and tight, but only time will tell how long that will last.

Super happy that the support bar for the boosters is not necessary and neither are those little clips that come out of the back.

Sadly, the vertical stabilizers are way too undersized. And the neck and head, well those both could have been done a lot better. 

Definitely painting the direction lights on the wings. The wing boosters are already painted into place with a red warning strip.image.jpeg.26f0e1a36715ff67bbe1dfb50c6c0c36.jpegimage.jpeg.0553970e5c2bfa10047cff66abe73c5a.jpeg 

Just my two cents. ;) image.jpeg.228f5a215f02cf28f7e85b927eaa276b.jpegimage.jpeg.f3ff0f6cf2c516435d5463be10222845.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If you take it apart, all that is needed are the backpack and vertical stabilizer.

I suspected as much. Depending on LP, I may have to take you up on that. I don't trust my Carpal Tunnel-ridden hands to do it myself.

38 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

I suspected as much. Depending on LP, I may have to take you up on that. I don't trust my Carpal Tunnel-ridden hands to do it myself.

I would be happy to help.

Hopefully, all works out with LP. 

But just in case, I’m here.

image.jpeg.6b25971045f4e93abb556c381e0805fa.jpegimage.jpeg.958813ca72a6c6881943ef3b62f08e54.jpeg

I’m going to pull out my custom for comparisons.

For what it's worth, I think they all use that same material, and I don't think I've heard of any cases of it shattering on any of the previous releases.

And, on the off chance they do wind up exploding.. I'm going to be perfectly honest, it won't matter to me, since I don't think I've ever transformed any VT-1 past half gerwalk anyhow. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

So this is what I meant that the head could have been better.

I had modified a 1/55 VT-1 Ostrich head and made many new parts for the head to function and look proper on a 1/48 Yamato. 

In fighter the head slides through the collar and the eye sensor rests flush against the collar. Sorry it looks all wonky, I had to use tape to keep it together. Head and collar work independently of each other. The dark gray base is part of a sliding mechanism to get the head to telescope up and down. Side sensors on the main head sensor also pop out.

This has been sitting idle for more than a decade. I think it’s time to get it finished nice and proper.

image.jpeg.3390e203dd7d96a1535e4dbef6936d06.jpeg

image.jpeg.6a7803792d937d30a35aa6134581acc6.jpeg

image.jpeg.df65d36fa4c17c92a786a23b22c95fa3.jpeg

image.jpeg.3990c1ed250dc0b7df0533e0e4ef3934.jpeg

Luna Park is stalling on my shipment.  Not sure what for.

I might have to file a claim with paypal guys, this isn't getting me anywhere.  I wonder where else I should order from when I get the money back.

Edited by rocketblast

23 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Luna Park is stalling on my shipment.  Not sure what for.

I might have to file a claim with paypal guys, this isn't getting me anywhere.  I wonder where else I should order from when I get the money back.

They are most likely waiting for more stocks to arrive.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai QC really slipping. 

20240729_200713.jpg.ba3ddb883ac5d6096b3499454822687e.jpg

wow, that is a nice tub for your valk. 

i hope you can paint some lights on the wings and

edit: make the rear of the back head unit like the movie... with the yellow arrow.

image.png.4963f6f45af7ea17240dc36f71617f6b.png

Edited by davidwhangchoi

20 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

wow, that is a nice tub for your valk. 

i hope you can paint some lights on the wings and

edit: make the rear of the back head unit like the movie... with the yellow arrow.

image.png.4963f6f45af7ea17240dc36f71617f6b.png

It's already tampo printed on.