DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

7 hours ago, Graham said:

I just broke my head sensor in that exact same place, trying to get it into the correct position for fighter mode. 😭 

My fault for not being careful or patient enough and not studying it enough first.

I swear I hardly used any force though and it just snapped while I was trying to turn it.

Just broke mine too. Putting it on it's stand in fighter mode. So much for protecting the toy by keeping it on the stand.

So those who have fixed it. It is NOT supposed to move/swivel at all? I can drill and pin it with metal and ca glue, i Suppose. (Very unhappy about doing that to a $350 toy) really carefully since its unpainted and the CA has to be flawless.

I haven't transformed it back into Battroid yet. Every place i look is one of those metal 'pins' instead of a screw so  How far apart am i gonna have to take this whole toy to remove just the head I wonder.

I buy these to AVOID using my model building skillset!

Anyhow

Well, you guys got me worried enough to crack open and check my extras...

rightouttathegate.jpg.f02742b189949687572f9562191e7a1f.jpg

...and wouldn't you know it, I got a broken fin right outta the gate. 😒

jammedoutofalignment.jpg.67036a60ea90dd2e69719ea4d967e249.jpg

Furthermore, when moving the right arm, the mechanism completely jammed when the sliding bracket popped out of alignment.  It took a frightening degree of force to jam it back into its proper position so transformation could be completed.

I suppose the naysayers are right; QC is definitely slipping, and the molds could use refurbishing. 😐

So I looked over the manual posted on Tamashii’s website after seeing all these broken head radars. I had always assumed it had the same mechanism as the HMR version. Were they broken because people assumed it worked like the HMR and tried to swivel the radar antenna around instead of the entire head itself?

11 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

So I looked over the manual posted on Tamashii’s website after seeing all these broken head radars. I had always assumed it had the same mechanism as the HMR version. Were they broken because people assumed it worked like the HMR and tried to swivel the radar antenna around instead of the entire head itself?

these are delicate/fragile area to begin with. why is it that all these reviews on youtube transforming them aren't breaking these partys?? could it be.... misstransform w/ excess force? i'm leaning more on the too much man-handling esp if you have BIG hands

On 8/3/2024 at 1:57 PM, grogall said:

Look they have sent out probably 50+ units since the release on the 17th, received on the 19th. I ORDERED IN JANUAR, on the 27th. so saying that they have too wait for two is BS!! there are probably 5 people here who ordered after that date, and have received theirs.... 🤬

A store that doesn't work on a first order first ship basses is not practicing proper business etiquette! and charging people for premium, to think they would get faster shipping, but still delaying the shipping and for filling new orders instead, is just plain deceptive! But since @LUNA PARK doesn't even chime in anymore, shows where this is going! Nippon Yassin should be a reminder to everybody when you screw your well paying customers!

I'm having a similar issue with Luna park currently. I was a day 1 preorder and they still haven't shipped mine yet. I emailed them and just got a response saying they'll need to check with the warehouse tomorrow on why mine hasn't shipped yet. 

Bandai should have given us swappable stabilizers like the Angel Birds. The shorter pair for transformation, and a longer pair for those who want to have proper sized VF-1 stabilizers. And packing them separately would have avoided the broken tailfin issue.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai should have given us swappable stabilizers like the Angel Birds. The shorter pair for transformation, and a longer pair for those who want to have proper sized VF-1 stabilizers. And packing them separately would have avoided the broken tailfin issue.

I thought the same. I'm guessing they were concerned the way the wings are grabbed in battroid might cause them to come out with the weight on the backpack.

I'm waiting on a third from Yoyakunow, so we'll see if I get snagged by QC roulette.

If I get one with a broken tail, I might very well modify it to have swappable tails, and repaint a spare set from the angel bird to match... or maybe I'll use a spare set of tails from a Hasegawa kit (the strike pack versions come with spares that aren't used on the folded backpack), and see if they match up well enough to use.  Would be an interesting project. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

7 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

The instructions were pretty clear but the head is on pretty tight. The other issue is the antennae interferes with getting the valk on the fighter stand unless you angle it just right so it's easy to get pressure on it from either you or the stand if it's not in the right place :0

Bandai shuolda just made it a solid ABS peg unglued so it could turn freely :p

17 hours ago, Duymon said:

I also broke mine when I was turning the head. Luckily some drilling with a 1mm bit on a pin vise and a paperclip and krazy glue later it's stronger than factory XD

I'll be trying this soon. Just need to pick up a 1mm drill bit.

38 minutes ago, xwing said:

So has anyone checked if this can be swapped out like the Angelbirds tails?

Not without major surgery.  They aren't the same style of hinge, and they didn't use the swapping mount for them.

The issues on the VT-1 seem to be worse than the YF-21.. so far the running list:

1. Broken tailfins. All on the left side.

2. Snapped head sensor, and easily broken from handling due to poor design. This is surprising, because T-Rex usually doesn't make these kinds of mistakes. Unless, Bandai handled the VT-1 design changes from the base VF-1 themselves. I remember prodding that part a bit out of the box in Fighter and it felt pretty fragile.

3. Something about nosecone tabs not working properly in Battroid? Not sure if this only afflicts certain copies or everyone's like that. I haven't transformed mine yet to know.

23 minutes ago, MKT said:

The issues on the VT-1 seem to be worse than the YF-21.. so far the running list:

1. Broken tailfins. All on the left side.

2. Snapped head sensor, and easily broken from handling due to poor design. This is surprising, because T-Rex usually doesn't make these kinds of mistakes. Unless, Bandai handled the VT-1 design changes from the base VF-1 themselves. I remember prodding that part a bit out of the box in Fighter and it felt pretty fragile.

3. Something about nosecone tabs not working properly in Battroid? Not sure if this only afflicts certain copies or everyone's like that. I haven't transformed mine yet to know.

:wacko::hi:

checking in... any more broken reports valks today? 

i'm curious if anyone in Japan got Bandai to cover the warranty on these damages. 

Arcadia delayed their releases due to Mr. K mentioning the factory not being up to par.

wonder if that affected Bandai.  

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just a few minor touch-ups done. Still need to work on the add-on packs.

DXVT-1001.jpg.d001d8cec889bbd3b48a278b25ab912b.jpg

DXVT-1002.jpg.0d26bdbc6bb53cce16fbaa7e0bc62ab3.jpg

Side by side with the 1D. I like the colors of the VT-1 a lot more. The 1D orange looks really dull next to the VT-1.

DXVT-1003.jpg.98f8876da2ef33958ae5691edabad11d.jpg

Happy that my 1D no longer has to sit empty.

DXVF-1Dpilots.jpg.21b0de2ca136902553b21993711f5b3f.jpg

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Side by side with the 1D. I like the colors of the VT-1 a lot more. The 1D orange looks really dull next to the VT-1.

Now I get why white sneakers were a big trend for a long time lol.. Nice :good:

On 8/5/2024 at 4:07 AM, ErikElvis said:

been out of the game for a bit. still thinking of picking this up. good site to get it from?

@ErikElvis Happy to part with mine if you can't find one elsewhere.  I was hoping I'd love it but it's just not for me: I'll stick with my 1/55s for valks from the original series.  Of note, nothing's missing or broken.  Transformed it once into battroid and then back to fighter for storage.  PM me if interested.

Edited by 26662

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Great job, Lolicon, as usual!!! What did you use for the panel lines? A mechanical pencil? It looks subtle...

Got an answer from Luna Park regarding broken tailfins:

"yes, we reported to Bandai.

they are aware of the defective issue.

we will let customer know once Bandai announced the solution, thanks"

What solution do you think Bandai will come up with?

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Scrolling rapidly thru the post the first 2 pics I thought them to be the Yamato V. 2 releases. I had to scroll back and lake a 2nd look at them. 

That just looks freaking amazing. I loathe the non-white landing gear on the DX. This is how it should have been released.
(also with larger freaking tailfins...even a replacement option like the angel bird, if they needed to resolve some anime magic)

image.png.fa1271f8d81b66def841a7e2709e2f7b.png