DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

I am... minorly annoyed... I just noticed that they forgot to paint the wingtip lights.

Is it too late to cancel my pre-orders now? :p 

Really surprising though, considering all the other details.  They didn't miss them on the HMR.  Maybe the tweak to the mold upset their standard operating procedure enough that it slipped away from them.

Not hard to fix really, they're clearly marked, so I might just mask them off and take a metallic gundam marker to them, since it'll bug me now that I noticed it.

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Just to give you an idea of Premium vs. Standard Luna Park handling times, I only just got my tracking just now.

I'm not sure which one I chose? But I just got my shipping info this morning.

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Man they need to reissue the dx weapon packs 20240725_112059_HDR-edit-20240725112128.jpg.e2bedb8cb6f55d1780b1cceedb7bf90a.jpg

Love this shot. :wub: 

Question for everyone who have it. What's the painted part on the chest, the orange or the beige? I only asked because if it's orange, I'm worried about the area where the backpack portion hits the chest and it might do some paint scratching down the line. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love this shot. :wub: 

Question for everyone who have it. What's the painted part on the chest, the orange or the beige? I only asked because if it's orange, I'm worried about the area where the backpack portion hits the chest and it might do some paint scratching down the line. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the orange is painted, including the chest.  Judging by plastic translucency, I'm guessing the parts that are molded in orange are the tails, the underside of the backpack, the outer panels of the legs, and the leg strakes.

I don't think you have much to worry about for the backpack scratching the chest though?  Only because there's really no reason you have to press the tail flap flush against the spine of the aircraft.  That flap on mine is actually pretty stiff to move, and it would take a conscious effort to try and rub that panel against the spine.  Otherwise, there's no plastic on paint grinding between the backpack and chest, or packs, that I can see.

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I am... minorly annoyed... I just noticed that they forgot to paint the wingtip lights.

Is it too late to cancel my pre-orders now? :p 

the VT-1 Didn’t have lights on the wingtips these are small manoeuvring thrusters!

image.jpeg.3227223978be45dbd5993899bcc87fc7.jpeg

Edited by grogall

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm pretty sure the majority of the orange is painted, including the chest.  Judging by plastic translucency, I'm guessing the parts that are molded in orange are the tails, the underside of the backpack, the outer panels of the legs, and the leg strakes.

I don't think you have much to worry about for the backpack scratching the chest though?  Only because there's really no reason you have to press the tail flap flush against the spine of the aircraft.  That flap on mine is actually pretty stiff to move, and it would take a conscious effort to try and rub that panel against the spine.  Otherwise, there's no plastic on paint grinding between the backpack and chest, or packs, that I can see.

Thanks @Chronocidal:hi: I'm actually excited to receive mine. But it's going to be next week. ;) 

1 hour ago, grogall said:

the VT-1 Didn’t have lights on the wingtips these are small manoeuvring thrusters!

image.jpeg.3227223978be45dbd5993899bcc87fc7.jpeg

I believe @Chronocidal is pointing on the actual wingtips.

Attaching his photo with arrows showing the wingtip and the thrusters and the artwork to show the wingtip lights.

20240725_112059_HDR-edit-20240725112128.jpg.e2bedb8cb6f55d1780b1cceedb7bf90a.jpg.5aae59fefff00a361e51372dccf69f8f.jpg

vt-1-fastpack-fighter.png.ac8bf6fbfdbd6e8a57b9f34dd6f015e8.png

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I believe @Chronocidal is pointing on the actual wingtips.

Attaching his photo with arrows showing the wingtip and the thrusters and the artwork to show the wingtip lights.

vt-1-fastpack-fighter.png.ac8bf6fbfdbd6e8a57b9f34dd6f015e8.png

Yep, exactly this. Both the Yamato and HMR versions have them painted, and pretty much every source I've seen (at keyframe animation quality, anyhow) generally shows them.  Bandai engraved their outlines to look the same size as on the HMR, and then just forgot to color them in.

ss(2024-07-25at02_18.50).jpg.efcbc71781e84d4d9d3eca759fe6c4f4.jpg

Again, not really a huge deal, they'll be very easy to paint in.  Just weird that they missed them, in this singular case where they are twice as prominent.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, strikevalk said:

mine came in… boy that was quick! Packaged very well! 

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1168.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

Nice. Who did you order from? And I'm surprised you are buying into this scale? 

Edited by vt102
Added text

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Dangit now I need to paint my wingtips. 

It's time for some Molotow chrome markers followed by tamiya clear blue/red and then some gloss varnish 

Does that work well? I've used Molotow before, but never tried putting anything on top.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Does that work well? I've used Molotow before, but never tried putting anything on top.

It works if you are patient and wait for the molotow to fully cure before applying acrylic tamiya clear. There is a very slight dulling but you still end up with a very metallic color. I learned it from my friend that does the technique for all his tail lights on 1/24 model cars. I'm going to apply molotow tomorrow when I get home from work and then apply the clear a day later and will document the results in this thread

9 hours ago, Duymon said:

It works if you are patient and wait for the molotow to fully cure before applying acrylic tamiya clear. There is a very slight dulling but you still end up with a very metallic color. I learned it from my friend that does the technique for all his tail lights on 1/24 model cars. I'm going to apply molotow tomorrow when I get home from work and then apply the clear a day later and will document the results in this thread

Huh, I've always been careful to not touch, even after a full day of drying, due to how fragile the chrome effect is.

14 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

All three Bandai Super Os. (Don't have yamato.)

image.jpeg.92dabc3ef55f2b860496709d1b57a560.jpeg

Its crazy how much different the HMR color is. Its like Bandai were trying to get rid of all their extra brown paint when they release the HMR version.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:13 AM, 26662 said:

Luna Park shipped mine today.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.11.12.png

Mine arrived today via FedEx. I find it absolutely incomprehensible that it shipped yesterday from Japan and I now have it in hand one day later.

I have a lot of respect for flight crews now. I was in Bora Bora on Tuesday and arrived back in the states on Thursday and my body is absolutely wrecked. However well flight crews are paid, it’s not enough.

14 hours ago, vt102 said:

Nice. Who did you order from? And I'm surprised you are buying into this scale? 

howzit braddah Wade!  I ordered from Luna Park.  It's my first DX!  I thought you knew I always loved the Yamato 1/48s?

I ordered from Luna Park relatively late on 02/01/2024 (pretty sure I did not opt for premium - don't recall being given an option) and my Super O arrived yesterday.  I don't know what happened in the past to make some folks wary of LP, but my personal experience is that they've come through every time.  Nothing comparable to Nippon-Yasan in the late 2020/early 2021 timeframe (those jerks got free money from me). 

Edited by Draykov

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

I ordered from Luna Park relatively late on 02/01/2024 (pretty sure I did not opt for premium - don't recall being given an option) and my Super O arrived yesterday.  I don't know what happened in the past to make some folks wary of LP, but my personal experience is that they've come through every time.  Nothing comparable to Nippon-Yasan in the late 2020/early 2021 timeframe (those jerks got free money from me). 

Will I ordered on January 27th, so before you, and I still haven't received a tracking #, So guess @LUNA PARK is maybe trying to get back at me for complaining about the bad service that when you order Premium Luna Park, and  all you get is regular @LUNA PARK , it's something people should know about! 🤮

1 hour ago, grogall said:

Will I ordered on January 27th, so before you, and I still haven't received a tracking #, So guess @LUNA PARK is maybe trying to get back at me for complaining about the bad service that when you order Premium Luna Park, and  all you get is regular @LUNA PARK , it's something people should know about! 🤮

I ordered 2 days before you on the 25th. I got my shipping notification yesterday. So hopefully you will be getting your's soon.