DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Just throwing it out there...whenever I get a shipment from Fedex, 3 weeks later I get a customs Bill for the amount
So saving 600 yen shipping could turn into a customs fee on the cost of the VT-1
Your results might vary, but I'm 2 out of 2 for fedex zapping me with a bill.

Have you similar experience with UPS or DHL?

4 hours ago, Mecachrome said:

Fast shipping from Luna Park using Fedex. Picked up 6PM Tokyo 7/22, delivered in Southern California 7/23 1PM.

8 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

Just got mine from Luna Park! Crazy fast shipping. It was in Tokyo yesterday and arrived at my home in the US today.

May I ask for your assistance to check what was the HS code declared by LP? It's found on the piece of paper on the box with your address. 

Usually toys are declared as 950300.

LP declared mine as 950440, under playing cards. As such, my unit was heavily taxed beyond belief by custom. 

I contacted LP, hoping they can compensate me for such gross mishap. 

Screenshot_20240723_145734_mailcom.jpg

My mind is blown the VT-1 comes with a spare Fuel Boom for the Fastpacks but the YF-21 doesn't come with a spare head laser 🤣

Also holy crap Anime Export sent via DHL came within 1 day

20240723_221518_HDR-edit-20240723225030.jpg.e9852392d6fc89040558f00e9dbc4bca.jpg20240723_225002_HDR-edit-20240723225051.jpg.bd670cbe702e37ed96b8d072a0ce62d0.jpg

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, Zeliard said:

May I ask for your assistance to check what was the HS code declared by LP? It's found on the piece of paper on the box with your address. 

Mine came via FedEx. There was no customs documentation included.

I think despite what the official specs say, the VT-1 is the fastest valk ever judging by how fast it flew to everyone's doors. All boosters and no weapons really help with the weight. :lol:

Man I really hope this sold well because after wooshing mine around the house for a day I now want an Elintseeker. Also still waiting for the rest of DYRL skull squadron and a DYRL Roy and Max 1S 

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good to know. I just updated my order comments to change the shipping to DHL.

Thanks!

I received an invoice from Yoyakunow for shipping via FedEx, then a couple of minutes later received a revised invoice for shipping via DHL, which I just paid.

Glad that Yoyakunow read my updated comment on the order and revised the shipping from FedEx to DHL.

2 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

Mine came via FedEx. There was no customs documentation included.

Mine arrived From Luna Park Premium via FedEx to Canada; also no customs documentation on the shipping box and dropped off at my doorstep.  I've never seen that before.  Maybe due to the crowdstrike issue?

On 7/20/2024 at 1:20 AM, Usagi said:

Just finished making my latest video review (English soft subtitles available)
Hope it helps ^_^ 

DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich (Macross do you remember Love)  review

32 minutes ago, Wunit said:

is VF-1J Armored Parts compatible with this VT1?

basically VT-1 super parts adn VF-1 super or super/strike parts are not interchangeable
You can attach leg armour since legs are the same... but chest and more importantly tail part (backpack of valkyrie) are completely different. I said about it in video, ... and well i tried to attach VF parts to VT and VT to VF actually )))

Edited by Usagi

8 hours ago, Duymon said:

Man I really hope this sold well because after wooshing mine around the house for a day I now want an Elintseeker. Also still waiting for the rest of DYRL skull squadron and a DYRL Roy and Max 1S 

according to second market proces... this one were sold well enough...
but i would doubt about VE-1 ...
VT was created for 40 years movie anniversary... and VE already missed that time spot

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

I honestly expect info of the VE-1 Shortly, It could be pictured in Figure-Arts フィギュア王 (318) which will be released on the 26th, or Bandai releases info on there web site....

It's a given that the VE-1 is coming since the mould is almost the same as the VT-1, and it's still the 40 Anna. of D.Y.R.L. 🤗

Edited by grogall

I got mine last night, and I must say that it is quite beautiful looking. I do like the 2 sets of figures. I saw in the instructions that it has the page of the tent to copy onto an A4 paper and instructions on how to make it. Not the route I would've gone it, but for papercraft, it's pretty cool (I'll just at least say that).

First copy from AE just delivered, and she's a real beauty. ^_^  Glad to finally have this design in this scale.

I did notice one interesting thing though, and I'm wondering if this is an actual change, or I'm just imagining things.  I know someone pointed out that the arm tabs for fighter mode still were not working to hold the arms up in a review, but unless I'm mistaken, I think they did redesign those tabs.  I was concerned a moment that they looked shorter, but I also noticed that they look like they've been given some ribbing for higher friction, and they feel tighter.  The arms didn't want to press on them all the way at first, and I needed more force to get them secured, and more force to pull them loose.

I have to wonder if this is a specific change for this mold, given how much junk the VE-1 hangs from the arms, but I'm pleasantly surprised how much tighter they feel.

Also, one thing I'm really happy to see.. the color matching on this is about the best I think I've ever seen Bandai pull off, and on top of that, the color breakdowns make sense.  I took a close look at the tails, and noticed a fleck of tan paint on the trailing edge of one tail (easily scraped off).  They actually did the logical thing, and molded the tails in orange, with tan paint for the tips and root edges.  I wasn't planning on using those tail clips on the chest plate anyway, but that means that connection will be plastic-on-plastic, with no paint involved.

And.. I know this is a minor detail, but I think this one has the most solid canopy lock of any of the DX VF-1s.  The canopy clicks closed with a really solid snap.  It's just a really satisfying tactile thing. :lol:  In hand, this one is feeling like the best release of this line so far.

Edited by Chronocidal

Anyone figure out where the antenna goes? The box art shows it but there's no hole in that middle piece for an antenna.  There's a hole underneath that part though, strange.  whoops nevermind that's for gerwalk mode.

Edited by rocketblast

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

First copy from AE just delivered, and she's a real beauty. ^_^  Glad to finally have this design in this scale.

I did notice one interesting thing though, and I'm wondering if this is an actual change, or I'm just imagining things.  I know someone pointed out that the arm tabs for fighter mode still were not working to hold the arms up in a review, but unless I'm mistaken, I think they did redesign those tabs.  I was concerned a moment that they looked shorter, but I also noticed that they look like they've been given some ribbing for higher friction, and they feel tighter.  The arms didn't want to press on them all the way at first, and I needed more force to get them secured, and more force to pull them loose.

I have to wonder if this is a specific change for this mold, given how much junk the VE-1 hangs from the arms, but I'm pleasantly surprised how much tighter they feel.

Also, one thing I'm really happy to see.. the color matching on this is about the best I think I've ever seen Bandai pull off, and on top of that, the color breakdowns make sense.  I took a close look at the tails, and noticed a fleck of tan paint on the trailing edge of one tail (easily scraped off).  They actually did the logical thing, and molded the tails in orange, with tan paint for the tips and root edges.  I wasn't planning on using those tail clips on the chest plate anyway, but that means that connection will be plastic-on-plastic, with no paint involved.

And.. I know this is a minor detail, but I think this one has the most solid canopy lock of any of the DX VF-1s.  The canopy clicks closed with a really solid snap.  It's just a really satisfying tactile thing. :lol:  In hand, this one is feeling like the best release of this line so far.

The tabs work pretty well on my copy so my arms stay in place really well in fighter. I stole an unused gunpod off one of my armored valks and it helps the arms stay aligned a little better when their on the new tabs to boot.

@Zeliard's experience with Luna Park does highlight how unified HS Codes can be important for folks in certain countries. It was around a year ago that HS Code declaration by the shipper was mandatory for parcels shipped out of Japan, including via Japan Post.

I checked back a few shipping dispatch notes received over the past year from multiple vendors (HLJ, Mandarake, Nin-Nin etc), and they all use the same 9503.00 code that's generally applicable to Toys and Models category.

Luna Park using another code (9504.40 applies to Playing Cards) is really a booboo on their part. So just curious if LP have also been using this wrong code for all of their other shipments over the past year outside of this VT-1.

Perhaps we have to first confirm with smaller vendors, or vendors that we have not ordered from before, the HS codes they will be using to prevent unnecessary taxation when it lands in our country.

6 minutes ago, MKT said:

@Zeliard's experience with Luna Park does highlight how unified HS Codes can be important for folks in certain countries. It was around a year ago that HS Code declaration by the shipper was mandatory for parcels shipped out of Japan, including via Japan Post.

I checked back a few shipping dispatch notes received over the past year from multiple vendors (HLJ, Mandarake, Nin-Nin etc), and they all use the same 9503.00 code that's generally applicable to Toys and Models category.

Luna Park using another code (9504.40 applies to Playing Cards) is really a booboo on their part. So just curious if LP have also been using this wrong code for all of their other shipments over the past year outside of this VT-1.

Perhaps we have to first confirm with smaller vendors, or vendors that we have not ordered from before, the HS codes they will be using to prevent unnecessary taxation when it lands in our country.

I'm curious, why are playing cards taxed more than toys and models?

23 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I'm curious, why are playing cards taxed more than toys and models?

I can only think playing cards have elements of gambling which is frowned upon in certain countries and so attract higher taxes.    

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks for highlighting this. Because of this issue I have paid  30% tax instead of the stipulated 10%. My only hope is LP to respond my plight.