DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Don't do that, David. :lol: They've been prompt with replies and they just sent me photos of my YF-21 order with no bent antennas and just paid my shipping. So hopefully to get it next week. :good: 

So far, the communication with Ryota is great about my order. Hopefully they won't end up like NY. :good: 

i'm not sure if it's confirmed if it's yoyakunow but  one or two of the retailer links that was shared pre-order night were former nippon yasan guys. 

one was the company with the ultra low pre-order price but with insane shipping costs and read from the forums they were Nippon Yasan.

I don't care really care but it's interesting. 

2 hours ago, Froy said:

It would have been nice of they offered a download file. I don't see that page in the PDF instructions booklet they released a few days ago.

That makes no sense. Why???

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm not sure if it's confirmed if it's yoyakunow but  one or two of the retailer links that was shared pre-order night were former nippon yasan guys. 

one was the company with the ultra low pre-order price but with insane shipping costs and read from the forums they were Nippon Yasan.

I don't care really care but it's interesting. 

Is it Nin-Nin-Game?

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

That makes no sense. Why???

Because they're Bandai? :spiteful:

7 hours ago, rocketblast said:

I have 3 of these coming from Premium Luna Park.  Hopefully they ship soon.  Would like to acquire one more VF-1D also but damn they are expensive.  I still have one brand new in box.  Accidentally broke the rear wing off of the first one I bought.

LunaPark standard just said FedEx just picked them up, but that tracking numbers won't be available until Monday.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Is it Nin-Nin-Game?

no, it's the two newest websites that people weren't familiar with. Yoyakunow and another one that no one has heard of till recently. 

it's in the pre-order thread the night of the VT-1 releases and several posts were warning it was Nippon Yasan.

I also read similar posts on Robot Japan board. But i'm ordered from Yoyakunow bc i didn't care 

I got one of my YF-21s and the Metal Build Kampfer from Yoyakunow. So they're legit so far. Even the shipping rates were reasonable, unlike NY's habit of gouging on shipping. About 5000 yen for Fedex for the YF-21 and it got here in 2 days.

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I got one of my YF-21s and the Metal Build Kampfer from Yoyakunow. So they're legit so far. Even the shipping rates were reasonable, unlike NY's habit of gouging on shipping. About 5000 yen for Fedex for the YF-21 and it got here in 2 days.

How was the packaging? I ordered the DX VT-1 recently and is my first time dealing with Yoyakunow.

Edited by rsvictor1976

Thanks for the pics @tekering. Somehow, I prefer the beige either the HMR or Yamato used. The light beige used on the DX reminds me of a yellowing valk lol. But that may be a good thing down the road. :p

@Usagi Thanks for the video too. Now I can't get the image of a frying pan stuck on face out of my head. :lol:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is it Nin-Nin-Game?

It's Moehime-Japantoys. Anyone buying from them just be careful to make sure any PO's are well within PP's 6-month protection window. 

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

If you google translate the parachute/tent instructions thank goodness it says for you to make a color A4 size copy of the sheet(thick paper) instead of hacking up your instruction book :)

image.png.38c1df9fbf6c3d93791d961ef02a1bf2.png

It's so funny they casually say to do this because in Japan many convenience stores still have this service while in the West it's a pain in the but to goto a place that still offers photocopier service like fedex kinkos

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks for the video too. Now I can't get the image of a frying pan stuck on face out of my head. 

Well, now I’m not the only one who see this frying pan of doom :)

Hmmm much love for NY these days guys?  I haven't been ordering there.

nevermind now I see why you guys are ignoring both posts about NY they are out of business.  anyway I ordered a couple things there and got my money refunded before everyone else got swindled it looks like.

Edited by rocketblast

On 7/19/2024 at 8:01 PM, Radioguy said:

LunaPark standard just said FedEx just picked them up, but that tracking numbers won't be available until Monday.

People are still buying from the thieves at LP ???

in the 1/55 thread there was a pic of an original Bandai Strike Valkyrie shipping case if I remember right.

In 30 years would the 1/48 VT-1 Super Ostrich case have the same collectability/sentimentality?

i-img939x704-1721489642nrma6m60710.jpg

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

in the 1/55 thread there was a pic of an original Bandai Strike Valkyrie shipping case if I remember right.

In 30 years would the 1/48 VT-1 Super Ostrich case have the same collectability/sentimentality?

-snip-

I'll give you five bucks for it! 😉

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Seeing the superO again in a big box brings back sweet memories of the good old superO boxart...

-Snipe-

memories hit hard. 

Ja, I actually thought this would be the cover, which would have been close!?

Bandai DX Chogokin 1:48 VT-1 Valkyrie Super Ostrich (Hikaru Banner Cover Large.jpgEVVjH4bXkAAmgJg.jpg.e2d5bf352f695bdbdf12cba9274323ba.jpg

Edited by grogall

7 minutes ago, grogall said:

Ja, I actually thought this would be the cover, which would have been close!?

Bandai DX Chogokin 1:48 VT-1 Valkyrie Super Ostrich (Hikaru Banner Cover Large.jpgEVVjH4bXkAAmgJg.jpg.e2d5bf352f695bdbdf12cba9274323ba.jpg

memories will remain as memories...am just glad there is a new superO release. Was not expecting any similar boxart ...

😉 so the old one would still remain as priceless...😉

On 7/20/2024 at 4:35 PM, 68whiskey said:

People are still buying from the thieves at LP ???

Please don't scare me like this. It's my first time buying from them. 🤞

1 hour ago, Zeliard said:

My ostrich departed from LP via FedEx. Eta 2 days from now. Let's hope for a simple and clean custom clearance 

Did you order regular or Premium @LUNA PARK ? 

Still waiting for shipping confirmation on mine.....