WIP-Macross YF-Type02

ImChris5115

On 7/16/2024 at 1:45 AM, no3Ljm said:

Awesome updates. :wub::good: 

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I love this thread! 
I remember the previous thread discussing about the design and I was wondering to myself about how fine and difficult it would be to print and assemble it. 
And you made it! 
My favorite model is the Type01 because of the variable wings but I prefer the smooth curves and the nose design of the Type02. 

It kind of make me want to print one myself and build it!

Type 01 & Type 03 are on the way! 

• 3 weeks later...

It amazes me the amount of detail and originality of this design! Please keep us posted with all of your custom Macross variable fighters!

Twich

On 8/7/2024 at 3:51 PM, no3Ljm said:

Just wow! :shok: 

:wub:

On 8/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, Knight26 said:

Dang that looks awesome

On 8/11/2024 at 7:01 PM, PointBlankSniper said:

Just gonna comment to keep track of this in my notifications 😁

Thank you!

On 8/11/2024 at 8:31 PM, twich said:

It amazes me the amount of detail and originality of this design! Please keep us posted with all of your custom Macross variable fighters!

Twich

Roger

13 hours ago, jenius said:

I haven't been checking in on this thread enough, amazing work! I missed it, how did you do the canopy?

Thanks man, the canopy is also 3D printed in clear resin.

Posted (edited)

Finalized Type 02 [Full Transformation-no parts swapping] [Interlocking, M2 Bolts and Nuts<no glue needed>, Brass rod 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, Magnet],

Ball joint used only on neck [1 pc].

Painting in progress....

Starting Type 0ne & Type Three>>>>>>

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

Edited by ImChris5115

10 hours ago, ImChris5115 said:

Finalized Type 02 [Full Transformation-no parts swapping] [Interlocking, M2 Bolts and Nuts<no glue needed>, Brass rod 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, Magnet]

Painting in progress....

Starting Type 0ne & Type Three>>>>>>

*snip*

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

So slick looking. :wub: 

16 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Ok! That’s a nice piece of art for sure!

I am curious to know if you intend to commercialize it or to sell individual copies?

Yes! How much would a kit like this be? With all the hardware, nuts and pins and screws needed to build it?

Twich

On 8/13/2024 at 4:02 PM, Xigfrid said:

Ok! That’s a nice piece of art for sure!

I am curious to know if you intend to commercialize it or to sell individual copies?

Hi, thank you. Initially planning to commercialize it, but it seems to be too soon and has a few uncertainties. my bucket list is to meet SenSei Shoji Kawamori if possible and present him with my work. Meet the person who inspired me to get into design VF and Engineering. After that then plan to commercialize it and maybe short animation after that. Those are childhood dreams of mine.

On 8/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, twich said:

Yes! How much would a kit like this be? With all the hardware, nuts and pins and screws needed to build it?

Twich

Currently I'm waiting for a quotation from JLC3DP, some metal parts printing from them. And update you sir after i have the full parts listing price. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Shawn said:

Have you ever considered selling these? I want this on my shelf next to my DX line up :)

image.png.e1ef6f4795d718bc403b610f46f63c19.png

Hi Shawn, do you mean this 3D-printed resin version? Is it a completed model or a garage kit you prefer most?

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

That is absolutely a work of art, bravo!

And I'm guessing that joint is a magnetic ratchet?  That's a really nice way to get smooth motion, and solid positions without having gears and teeth that can wear down over time.

Thank you! Appreciated

Yes, it's a magnetic ratchet ^^

19 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Dude, take my $$$. The more I learn about this figure the more it takes established market players to school.

Thank you, bro. Hopefully, next year I'm able to join Wonder fest Japan 

Yes, I continue to be in awe of your work! Please keep posting pictures of the painted final versions. I saw the Type III you showed the sketch of in your other thread, forward canards! Can’t wait to see that done up as well! Great work!

if you do end up selling these as complete kits, with everything you need, I know that you will get many orders from people here on this board! Keep up the excellent work!

Twich