Beetlejuice Beetlejuice - Sept 6, 2024

• 1 month later...
  • azrael changed the title to Beetlejuice Beetlejuice - Sept 6, 2024
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It wasn't bad, not anywhere near as good as the first film....

Spoiler

Lydia being a talkshow ghost hunt psychic medium sellout was a bit of a head scratcher, and I was sort of at this toss up of Ray, the boyfriend, either being some sort of black widow scammer or someone who really is just attention starved who wants to be noticed all the time. 
Beetlejuice's ex-wife as some sort of villain really felt shoe-horned and totally unnecessary, think she got less screen time than Keaton did in the first movie! You could had the family all back at the house for Charle's funeral, which btw, wow....that was something of a death, yikes, Astrid meets Jeremy while fed up with Lydia and the boyfriends antics, get scammed cause he's dead and the reason's why and Lydia could been using Beetlejuice to help save Astrid crossing into the afterlife while also coming to terms with Astrid's missing dad's whereabouts and get some closure with the dad saving Lydia and Astrid from Beetlejuice.
Still have Dilia's death by the snakes, reunite with Charles, and be done with it. Instead, we got this sort of a mess of a movie with a very awkward and pointless ending credit. 
Every time Keaton is on screen it sort of feels messy and all over the place unlike the original film almost as if Burton really doesn't have a good idea on what to do with the character. Beetlejuice having a sort of Bio-Exorcist business with a hord of shrunkin head minions which I don't think that ever gets sorted out at the end was funny, but sort of pointless.....I felt pretty bad for Bob. 
And the voice overs and song montages, wtf? 

Truthfully I got more holes I can poke at that just doesn't make sense than people can with things like Terminator Zero or Alien Romulus that I think were standup productions.

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

It wasn't bad, not anywhere near as good as the first film....

Reveal hidden contents

Lydia being a talkshow ghost hunt psychic medium sellout was a bit of a head scratcher, and I was sort of at this toss up of Ray, the boyfriend, either being some sort of black widow scammer or someone who really is just attention starved who wants to be noticed all the time. 
Beetlejuice's ex-wife as some sort of villain really felt shoe-horned and totally unnecessary, think she got less screen time than Keaton did in the first movie! You could had the family all back at the house for Charle's funeral, which btw, wow....that was something of a death, yikes, Astrid meets Jeremy while fed up with Lydia and the boyfriends antics, get scammed cause he's dead and the reason's why and Lydia could been using Beetlejuice to help save Astrid crossing into the afterlife while also coming to terms with Astrid's missing dad's whereabouts and get some closure with the dad saving Lydia and Astrid from Beetlejuice.
Still have Dilia's death by the snakes, reunite with Charles, and be done with it. Instead, we got this sort of a mess of a movie with a very awkward and pointless ending credit. 
Every time Keaton is on screen it sort of feels messy and all over the place unlike the original film almost as if Burton really doesn't have a good idea on what to do with the character. Beetlejuice having a sort of Bio-Exorcist business with a hord of shrunkin head minions which I don't think that ever gets sorted out at the end was funny, but sort of pointless.....I felt pretty bad for Bob. 
And the voice overs and song montages, wtf? 

Truthfully I got more holes I can poke at that just doesn't make sense than people can with things like Terminator Zero or Alien Romulus that I think were standup productions.

I'd like to see it but I'm completely burnt out from sequels this year.