Macross Shooting Insight for Switch, PS4 and Steam

Convectuoso

so a little update on this game since I'm still playing it:

• beat VF-1S Max with Hikaru several times in the Ace Battle to unlock all DYRL cards, I guess.
  • I beat Max a couple of times with Shin/VF-0A, too.
  • Completed Story-mode again with Shin and Isamu, unlocking Nora and Guld in the Ace Battle.
  • Nora was easy with Shin. Beat her several times already.
  • Isamu's YF-19 is just so weak against the YF-21. Haven't won against it.
  • in contrast, Hikaru's VF-1S easily made minced meat of the YF-21.

Currently going thru Story-mode again with Gamlin and will use Hayate and Alto afterwards. 

All just to unlock the other remaining Aces  (Gigil? ,  Messer/Keith?, and Brera).

On 3/13/2024 at 8:47 AM, treatment said:

fyi.

(web-translated):

image.png.2eb3016a8c7a73b1ba39c1b0de5c4c07.png

The webform to fill out is below that message at:

https://form.bushiroad.com/form/macross_si-ws0314

You will need a browser that will auto-translate the fields to english (or any non-japanese) for you.

Welp!

Bushiroad Delivers!

Received today:

bushiroad-delivers-missing-firstpress-cards.jpg.8e6fab4fd26ef4fba65c245ad98cab63.jpg

Check your mail if you had completed and submitted the Bushiroad form to get the missing cards.

On 4/23/2024 at 5:41 PM, Dangard Ace said:

Got home from work and my card was waiting for me as well.   Canada has received the card!

Any possibility you could show a pic of the envelope? I'd like to know what to look for so I don't throw it away. 

Also, looks like there was a 1.02  update, but I can't seem to find any info as to what it was, and it's pretty substantial in size. Anyone have any ideas what it was?

1 hour ago, ckhtiger said:

Also, looks like there was a 1.02  update, but I can't seem to find any info as to what it was, and it's pretty substantial in size. Anyone have any ideas what it was?

The 1.02 Patch seems to have been just released today (or 8hrs or more so ago tokyo-time).

https://macross-si.bushiroadgames.com/news/post-13/

Hopefully it's available as an automatic download/update for the respective consoles. I dunno who or what they referring to as "John" is from the web-translation below...  

:bump: :

image.png.a76f5b2d748a11a8279b97eb5abd03ac.png

Edited by treatment

Just curious but has anyone tried modding/extracting files from the game yet? I tried using the Unity Asset Bundle Extractor but couldn't get far cause it looks like it was compiled with il2cpp and I gave up there.

Guess at this point I wont be getting my card for my PS5 collector set despite filling out the form.

Also seems they have no intention of fixing the PC release not being able to go full screen on a 4k monitor I cant see hardly anything.

1 hour ago, Sorata said:

Guess at this point I wont be getting my card for my PS5 collector set despite filling out the form.

Also seems they have no intention of fixing the PC release not being able to go full screen on a 4k monitor I cant see hardly anything.

I live in Massachusetts, and just got my card yesterday. 

20240504_132806.jpg.970e7edd9acc5d148cc7b8cd350af1b3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello all!  I played the import Switch cartridge on my North American Switch and was able to access the DYRL DLC.

This is a fun Arcade Style Shooter (shmup - shoot-em-up).  Here's a video link showing how-to proof.  An unboxing video followed by how to update and see the DYRL DLC in action.

Edited by spacemanspiff

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 12:00 PM, Old_Nash_II said:

Man, when I finally tried to buy here, but it costs R$ 552,76 (+/- USD$105,83)

This time, I will be forced to buy the digital version from Steam (USD$ 20,68)

XD

I'm going to be honest with you, unless you're just not collecting all things Macross the game is not worth it.  Most people wanted a 3D flight action game, I'm actually a shmup fan and I don't like this at all.

• 1 month later...

On the fence about getting the English language version.

I've had the Japanese PS4 version since release and it is a pretty piss poor game. I think I played it 3 times and to be honest I've very little interest in going back to it.

Yeah. Me, too.

I've already completed it at the hardest levels using all pilots, and unlocked and beat all the hidden valks/aces as well.

I think my ps4-acct is on some of the scores-stats board there.

Not sure what else will the english-version will give me, altho it'll be kindasorta interesting if my game-stats from the jp-game will get imported by it if I do get the english-vesrion..

On 6/21/2024 at 4:53 PM, Mommar said:

I'm going to be honest with you, unless you're just not collecting all things Macross the game is not worth it.  Most people wanted a 3D flight action game, I'm actually a shmup fan and I don't like this at all.

Yes, I would really like the collector's edition, especially because of the material from the original series and DYRL that is not available in the western version, but the situation here is angry. The relief is that the dollar is falling, I believe I can finally buy it at a fair price, towards the end of the year. I just hope there are still some on Amazon or another online store.

As for the style, I don't have a preference, although the last few games have made us very unaccustomed to the 3D style. I hope that in a future game we will have this style back (or some fan is willing to do it, since BW is not HG).

I think this game would have been so much better if:

1) It allowed free transformation at any time, so you could switch between F/B/G modes at will. I would have been super happy with that, even if it is basically just switching between side scrolling , top down scrolling, rear view scrolling etc.

2) If the weapons (Gunpod, missiles, head lasers, beam cannons etc) had a bit more closely followed the anime for each VF). Same for enemies as well.

3) If there had been the option to equip FAST Packs & Full Armour for some stages.

4) If there had been more playable VFs that could be unlocked.

16 hours ago, Graham said:

2) If the weapons (Gunpod, missiles, head lasers, beam cannons etc) had a bit more closely followed the anime for each VF). Same for enemies as well.

This isn't even necessarily true.  Scramble Valkyrie isn't realistic to the show with their three VF-1 Variants but the game actually has some design balance to it.

17 hours ago, Graham said:

1) It allowed free transformation at any time, so you could switch between F/B/G modes at will. I would have been super happy with that, even if it is basically just switching between side scrolling , top down scrolling, rear view scrolling etc.

1 Yes, it is something that has been explored since the beginning of the Month (except in Macross7 on GameBoy).
Something they could have been inspired by was wind runners, in which the gameplay is an intense dogfight in a 2D environment

2  Weapons issue (I didn't play the game, just gameplays), weapons are not customizable/installable in VF. It comes pre-installed. Something they could have done in the game. In the best Axelay style from Snes, where each mission we would have to equip our ship

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, akt_m said:

Are there any ways to get Hikaru on the PC steam version outside of japan?

If it exists on the PC, I'm certain there probably are ways to do it, but they won't be official.  I don't know if you'd be able to spoof the game into downloading the Japanese content with a VPN or not, but if the game has a big enough audience, I'm sure someone somewhere will find a way to patch in the missing content.

On 9/3/2024 at 10:32 PM, Chronocidal said:

If it exists on the PC, I'm certain there probably are ways to do it, but they won't be official.  I don't know if you'd be able to spoof the game into downloading the Japanese content with a VPN or not, but if the game has a big enough audience, I'm sure someone somewhere will find a way to patch in the missing content.

I wonder if the PC version can be modded into something fun.