Hi-Metal R Fire Bomber (VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, VF-11 MAXL, VF-17T)

sh9000

2 hours ago, lechuck said:

Those gorilla arm proportions and oversized lower legs are not doing the HMR any favours, the HG kit is the only winner here.

You right. The HG nailed it as close as possible

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Given the remarks about the HMR being a copy of the Arcadia, it stands to reason that battroid will look too small. In fighter mode the Arcadia toy is about 1/56 scale but in battroid mode it is 1/66 scale (going off official measurements). This might be one of those rare occasions where Kawamori's math on what battroid mode height should be, was flawed. It seems like actual height should have been 14.1 meters (the height of the Arcadia toy *60), not 15.5. 

Edit - of course, if it were 14 meters, then it would be the same height as a VF-1 (14.2) and everything would make sense. 

Edit 2 - If you want 1/100 scale, the original Hi-Metal toy with its much longer proportions is 1/100 scale in battroid but is 1/88 in fighter. 

But the HG is apparently 1/100, yet is even shorter than the new HMR... 

Then again Kawamori's math back then is based on pencil drawings of magic transformation. 

5 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Nope, it can be with the existing one. It's only the underneath plate piece that needs to change to accommodate interchangeable landing gear, canards and a hole for the stand.  

You also need a spot for the upper sensor module that the free-flying Ghosts had, and the original had a swappable part for, so it's really just a complete re-mold at that point.

I'm really not expecting it, but I'd probably grab a VF-0S bundle if it drops though.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

You also need a spot for the upper sensor module that the free-flying Ghosts had, and the original had a swappable part for, so it's really just a complete re-mold at that point.

I'm really not expecting it, but I'd probably grab a VF-0S bundle if it drops though.

The sensor can be glued 😜

10 hours ago, MKT said:

HMRMacrosssizes.jpg.6034bc21a49eacab3e7a73719f7c60a3.jpg

This shot in Wotafa's video really exemplifies how much out of whack HMR Macross scaling has become. I'm usually not particular about scaling, and Bandai did indicate they are non-scale, but I can understand if others have frustrations about it.

Personally, I don't really care about the scaling or size differences of Valkyries in battroid mode.  It's the fighter mode that I care most. Of the 5 above, I think the VF-1 is the one that is most out of scale to the other Valks in fighter mode.

fwiw, I quick-measured my HMR Fire-Valk:

fighter-mode = 205mm

battroid-mode == 145mm (without head-fin)

battroid-mode == 160mm (with head-fin)

so verify when you get your copy and then figure out the HMR's scale via the official VF-19 Custom specs at M3 ,..

8)

If Bandai follows the HG 1/100 scaling as an example like what we are sort of seeing with Fire Valk, then it’ll be even more jarring if HMR YF-19 & YF-21 gets made.

Despite what the official comparative specs say, I’m just so conditioned in thinking the VF-1 as among the smallest VF by far, so to see it being mid-tier height needs quite a mental adjustment lol.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

The sensor can be glued 😜

On other note, that sensor module is something that looks really out of place. The whole Ghost look sleek but then it’s as if Kawamori (?) remembered Zero’s to take place in an older era so tacked on a brick on top.

41 minutes ago, MKT said:

On other note, that sensor module is something that looks really out of place. The whole Ghost look sleek but then it’s as if Kawamori (?) remembered Zero’s to take place in an older era so tacked on a brick on top.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue for that dumb sensor bulb, it's just something that Bandai left out. :p 

On 8/13/2024 at 4:44 PM, Usagi said:

Yeah, but I did not forget to shift it. Actually I did it… but because of very stiff hip joints and loose extension joints, after every single and even small rotation move of the legs in hip area hips automatically moved down. 

i didn’t noticed it during shooting, but after that it became obvious, especially on comparison screens.

I just received mine. You weren't kidding about the hips being stiff. It took a lot more force than I was comfortable with to rotate the hips to the correct position. I'm actually worried that I might break or stress the plastic if I do it more times.

EDIT: I got the chance to transform it into fighter. The hip joints were easier to move now (but still have good stiffness). Guess it was just really hard the first time. It's very similar to the Yamato, though it lacks some of the optional parts like the leg fillers. It also doesn't have as many locking tabs, which makes it harder to line everything up. But once you do get everything transformed into fighter, I must say the tolerances are really tight. I can hardly see any gaps, so good job there. Well the only gap I have is the where the chest meets the nose of the fighter, but I think that's mainly due to the hinge joint still being tight out of the box, so I am probably not compressing it as much as I need to.

Edited by ArchieNov

I'd be happy if they did, as there's zero chance I'll buy Basara's, so Mylene's doesn't need to "fit" with it.  :D  

Though with Arcadia seemingly refusing to reissue the VF-19F/VF-19S, HMR versions of those based on this one, may be my only option for non-insane money...

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Watch Bandai make it bigger than the 19.

You can't complain because it's non-scale! :5:

I actually think you can.  Different scale between SDFM and M7 is irritating but fine.  Different scale between things within M7 I think is worth complaining about.

On 8/14/2024 at 4:42 PM, ArchieNov said:

I just received mine. You weren't kidding about the hips being stiff. It took a lot more force than I was comfortable with to rotate the hips to the correct position. I'm actually worried that I might break or stress the plastic if I do it more times.

EDIT: I got the chance to transform it into fighter. The hip joints were easier to move now (but still have good stiffness). Guess it was just really hard the first time. It's very similar to the Yamato, though it lacks some of the optional parts like the leg fillers. It also doesn't have as many locking tabs, which makes it harder to line everything up. But once you do get everything transformed into fighter, I must say the tolerances are really tight. I can hardly see any gaps, so good job there. Well the only gap I have is the where the chest meets the nose of the fighter, but I think that's mainly due to the hinge joint still being tight out of the box, so I am probably not compressing it as much as I need to.

You are right, after a couple of transformations it seems loose enough to me, but still, I really miss the stopper peg, that prevented that joint rotation on Arcadia version.

On 8/14/2024 at 12:04 AM, MKT said:
On 8/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, Usagi said:

Tamashi nations told me that it will be included in booster. And it seems connection will be done through the head (ear antennas, or so). But there is no connector prototype in the store, so the show only battroid with booster.

It could be the ear antennas need to be removed and the Soundbooster adapter plugged in place. That seems appropriate, the Kai will be wearing the biggest mecha headphones ever known. Can't wait to plug in the Soundbooster that way in Battroid. :crazy:

My first thought actually. 
But I want to try this in Gerwalk mode ^_^

14 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

The red plastic seems quite transparent. Quite visible on the parts painted black inside. 

Probably a side effect of scaling down something meant for 1/60 scale.  The plastic is going to be a lot thinner overall.

In person, I don't see any real issues with the red plastic, although my room generally is pretty dark without any natural light. After playing with it in battroid mode over the weekend, I really like it and find it much more enjoyable to handle than my Arcadia 1st release fire valk. There are definitely some very tight joints out of the box, including the elbows, bicep covers, and metal hip joints to swing them up for battroid mode. I have not transformed it yet as I've been just enjoying posing it in battroid. Along with recent Macross Zero valks, Bandai is doing a good job with the HMRs lately and I'm quite pleased overall.

BOMBA!

Bomba1.jpeg.0bcae34e30bd7512bf8131ec17990801.jpeg

Bomba2.jpeg.ed6623266a4cd0425320fb8a46fa17ec.jpeg

Definitely a shrunken Yammie 19 with, unfortunately, one of the major flaws still intact.  The gerwalk joint doesn't move forward far enough to get underneath the body.  The only positive offset is the ankles have been improved.

Edited by Mommar

I'm still hoping we eventually get an HMR VF-17D/S & VF-11C/D / VF-11C Armored.  I would be really excited to see Bandai's take on the VF-17 and VF-11.

To be honest, I'd much rather have those than the proposed VF-17T and VF-11MAXL.

VF-17D/S and VF-11C are among my all time favorite VF designs.

And waiting for news of release of VF-19S/F/P HMR which should be a no brainer to milk the mold.

Same to all of the above.  I do hope they stick closer to Yamato's deep blue than the shade they used on the original HM release for the VF-19s though.  The color on the show was probably somewhere in the middle, but that deep blue Yamato used was really eye-catching.

11 hours ago, Graham said:

I'm still hoping we eventually get an HMR VF-17D/S & VF-11C/D / VF-11C Armored.  I would be really excited to see Bandai's take on the VF-17 and VF-11.

To be honest, I'd much rather have those than the proposed VF-17T and VF-11MAXL.

VF-17D/S and VF-11C are among my all time favorite VF designs.

And waiting for news of release of VF-19S/F/P HMR which should be a no brainer to milk the mold.

But with the release of the Fire Valk in HMR will we actually see a Bandai take on any of those?

19 minutes ago, Mommar said:

But with the release of the Fire Valk in HMR will we actually see a Bandai take on any of those?

He said "hoping", not "expecting".

I think we'll see a 19S sooner than later and if the Kai and S sell well, maybe an F and a P. If we get to a P, I'll get optimistic about more Mac7 HMR. A YF-21/VF-22 would be higher on my hopes than a 17 but I'd love 'em all. 

18 hours ago, WhatBoutMyStar said:

In person, I don't see any real issues with the red plastic, although my room generally is pretty dark without any natural light. After playing with it in battroid mode over the weekend, I really like it and find it much more enjoyable to handle than my Arcadia 1st release fire valk. There are definitely some very tight joints out of the box, including the elbows, bicep covers, and metal hip joints to swing them up for battroid mode. I have not transformed it yet as I've been just enjoying posing it in battroid. Along with recent Macross Zero valks, Bandai is doing a good job with the HMRs lately and I'm quite pleased overall.

BOMBA!

Bomba1.jpeg.0bcae34e30bd7512bf8131ec17990801.jpeg

Bomba2.jpeg.ed6623266a4cd0425320fb8a46fa17ec.jpeg

Nice pics :good:
Where is the guitar from? 

18 hours ago, WhatBoutMyStar said:

A very old Banpresto Sheryl crossover figure dressed up as Basara. She's Emilia-sized compared to Basara 1/60 pilot figure.

Sheryl3a.jpeg.ab250f0a0091ad9639d7e3c66a6bc4fb.jpeg

I used to have all of those figures. But I sold them years ago due to shelf space issues. If I remember correctly, it had Sheryl as Basara, Minmay as Sheryl, Ranka as Minmay, Mylene as Ranka. Then there was a 2nd Sheryl figure with the maid outfit I think she wore during one of her concerts in the movies.

I've gotta say, out of the 3 recent Bandai Macross toy releases: the DX YF-21, DX VT-1 and HMR VF-19Kai, the HMR VF-19Kai is definitely my favorite of the 3.

It's just such a fun toy and looks great in all 3 modes, transforms easily and has no potential broken parts issues out of the box, unlike the other two toys.

And it's a great replacement for my old Yamato VF-19Kai toys that suffered broken elbow joints (I never got the Arcadia releases).

Being a huge Macross 7 fan, I'm really hoping for a full range of Macross 7 HMR toys from Bandai.

On 8/21/2024 at 7:47 AM, ArchieNov said:

I used to have all of those figures. But I sold them years ago due to shelf space issues. If I remember correctly, it had Sheryl as Basara, Minmay as Sheryl, Ranka as Minmay, Mylene as Ranka. Then there was a 2nd Sheryl figure with the maid outfit I think she wore during one of her concerts in the movies.

The figure was of Sheryl in a gothic lolita outfit, but in the movie it was worn by Alto. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got my HMR VF-19 Custom today Luna Park.  The good: she arrived in perfect condition.  Luna Park is batting 1000 with me this year.  The bad: started to transform it and remembered/relearned quickly that I really do loathe HMRs.  PM me if you're interested in taking it off my hands for $75.00 USD.  [S+H extra, but it'll be actual S+H and not some Ebay markup BS.]

IMG_1477.jpg

Edited by 26662
Punctuation

Gotta say I'm loving the HMR VF-19. It's such an awesome little toy.

Originally planned to buy 2, but just bought a third.😅 

I'm really hoping we do get more Macross 7 HMR toys. 

Given how good the HMR Fire Valkyrie is, I'd really like to see Bandai make an HMR YF-19, as I'm not a huge fan of their DX effort.