Hi-Metal R Fire Bomber (VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, VF-11 MAXL, VF-17T)

sh9000

58 minutes ago, MKT said:

Very different from other HMR, but cool box art nonetheless.

7F4DAD84-2BFE-49B1-A047-2645EC7029E1.jpeg.bfedaedf69e2757f6ba9fd087fdbd0ec.jpeg

Basara is the ultimate anti-Anime protagonist for my tastes, while the fire valk belongs in Transformers. 

But... I will admit that is one gorgeous looking box. Hope it sells well to bring us more HMR.

Edited by Raikkonen

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Very different from other HMR, but cool box art nonetheless.

7F4DAD84-2BFE-49B1-A047-2645EC7029E1.jpeg.bfedaedf69e2757f6ba9fd087fdbd0ec.jpeg

This is one release where I prefer the packaging over the contents. 

I'm personally waiting for the VF-4 reissue, to go with my 1/60.

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

I'm so glad they didn't pull this stunt with 0A's ghost... 

Definitely. Which is why I also got 2 (w/c I rarely do), like most who got the 0A. A standalone ghost set would definitely be a TWE.

4 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

This is one release where I prefer the packaging over the contents. 

Me too!

4 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

A standalone ghost set would definitely be a TWE.

It's very possible as the assembly of the present one only needs the bottom part to change to have landing gears and a hole for the stand.  

Edited by Raikkonen

Box art is illustrated by one Takeshi Nakamura. He could be well known in other circles, but this appears to be the first time he's illustrating Macross.

28 minutes ago, MKT said:

Box art is illustrated by one Takeshi Nakamura. He could be well known in other circles, but this appears to be the first time he's illustrating Macross.

Interesting, he's definitely got a fairly well-known catalog (AKIRA, Nausicaä, etc), but I wonder if this is just a one off, or Bandai has him on contract to do a few different sets of packaging art.

I'm really hoping this line gets expanded to include the rest of the Yamarcadia Macross 7 molds (and maybe a YF-19). ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Basara is the ultimate anti-Anime protagonist for my tastes, while the fire valk belongs in Transformers. 

I always thought it belonged in a Happy Meal.

34 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Has anyone used Yamato International before?  Debating between using them and DHL.

I think I did once, and regretted it.  As I recall, it was far slower than advertised, and the tracking didn't work correctly for much of the trip.  That might have been their other ECMS Express option, but I don't know if I would recommend either of them.  If you want reliable tracking information, I'd go with one of the major US carriers.

I think my best experiences lately with HLJ have been EMS or FedEx (which I find funny since their faster shipping is cheaper :lol:).  EMS tends to be the cheapest option for me when shipping larger Warehouse shipments, probably due to some difference in weight vs volume charges.

DHL is alright, though I have issues with them specific to my location, since they don't have a delivery hub nearby.  They tend to contract out deliveries to third party couriers who don't use the normal DHL tracking, and have no idea how to consistently communicate delivery and tracking information.

And whoever I use, it seems like no one rings the doorbell anymore.  If I'm not watching the tracking updates, a lot of times I'll just open my door to find a package sitting on my patio for some undetermined amount of time. :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I think I did once, and regretted it.  As I recall, it was far slower than advertised, and the tracking didn't work correctly for much of the trip.  That might have been their other ECMS Express option, but I don't know if I would recommend either of them.  If you want reliable tracking information, I'd go with one of the major US carriers.

I think my best experiences lately with HLJ have been EMS or FedEx (which I find funny since their faster shipping is cheaper :lol:).  EMS tends to be the cheapest option for me when shipping larger Warehouse shipments, probably due to some difference in weight vs volume charges.

DHL is alright, though I have issues with them specific to my location, since they don't have a delivery hub nearby.  They tend to contract out deliveries to third party couriers who don't use the normal DHL tracking, and have no idea how to consistently communicate delivery and tracking information.

And whoever I use, it seems like no one rings the doorbell anymore.  If I'm not watching the tracking updates, a lot of times I'll just open my door to find a package sitting on my patio for some undetermined amount of time. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your insights Chronocidal.

I decided to go with DHL shipping.

We don't have the delivery hub problem here in the Boston area that you seem to face. And so far, I have used DHL several times, so I will just go with what has been reliable and quick for me.... even if it is a bit more pricey than some of the other shipping options.  Plus I appreciate that DHL provides real-time tracking map once the delivery truck is like 10 stops away or less.

Thanks again!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just got email from HLJ that my VF-19 is ready to ship.

Here are the shipping rates to Boston area...

image.png.3964887a9717a901b5d0e6afbdd1160f.png

Has anyone used Yamato International before?  Debating between using them and DHL.

Wow. So cheap compared to the shipping rates to Chile. DHL to Chile was almost $100

Posted (edited)

I'll ship my 2 Fire Valkyries with the Tiny Session YF-19.

No improvements need to be made on the HM Sound Booster so it's definitely being reissued with new adapters.  Old HM scan:

EF481C99-DDC4-4016-958D-FA5EEAC2BF28.jpeg.5c76b1b6440cc6503d761c8b35532d34.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

I guess maybe it's too early to hope, but the extra mounting points would be nice if we get a MAXL and VT-17.

I'll probably try and pick up one when they pop at AE, hopefully they don't sell out too quickly.  Would be nice to have the whole band in booster mode. ^_^ 

apparently, Bandai is indeed capable of painting white landing gears on valks...

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52111832.html

image.png.18976dbccba39500e4e042a222083d13.png

They're just being sh*theads on NOT applying them to other valks.

Also, seems Hacchacka don't like Basara, either, at least per web-translation...

image.png.ce2b3f0ab8f7e4f5a8da415ee920db6d.png

Basara's definitely such a gasbag...

:bump:

Edited by treatment

4 hours ago, treatment said:

Also, aww geez!!!

image.png.82bcda00dec711e710ddd8864efd00e2.png

:clapping:

Uh oh, indeed! That's some serious scaling oversight. Third straight Bandai valk with absolutely boneheaded decision making. :unknw:

Edited by m0n5t3r

There needs to be some consistency in where "height" is measured from.  The strike cannon doesn't count. :p 

Doesn't surprise me though, the HMR scales are generally in a "range" between about 1/100 and 1/80.  The VF-1s are on the larger end of that margin, and the old VF-19s were on the smaller end, so it wouldn't surprise me if they targeted the same size, rather than being properly in scale.

Also have to remember that the VF-19 isn't very tall though.  It collapses a whole lot to get that stocky battroid.  I'd rather see a fighter mode comparison.

Also.. yeah, Bandai.  Yeah.  Landing gear.  Just please, extract your brain from your upper colon already.  White, silver, black, I almost don't care anymore, just freaking commit to something. <_< 

Hello, I just finished simple video with comparison of Arcadia and new Hi-Metal R
And these two are almost exactly the same in almost every aspects.
Sometimes, Bandai even copied unnecessary stuff ... 
Note: Video with english subtitles.

1 hour ago, Usagi said:

Hello, I just finished simple video with comparison of Arcadia and new Hi-Metal R
And these two are almost exactly the same in almost every aspects.
Sometimes, Bandai even copied unnecessary stuff ... 
Note: Video with english subtitles.

Cool. 
I actually like the box art.
The size comparison had me wondering. But then I remembered, it's Bandai.

Edited by Bolt

Considering how far Yamato knocked it out of the park with the original Fire Valk release, I can't really say I'm disappointed that Bandai copied them.  Being smaller will even make the sloppy ankles less of an issue. :lol: 

Bring on the rest of the VF-19s! ^_^ 

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

Cool. 
I actually like the box art.
The size comparison had me wondering. But then I remembered, it's Bandai.

I forgot to make some images of two Valkyries together. But basically Hi metal R slightly bigger than half of Arcadia

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Considering how far Yamato knocked it out of the park with the original Fire Valk release, I can't really say I'm disappointed that Bandai copied them.  Being smaller will even make the sloppy ankles less of an issue. :lol: 

Bring on the rest of the VF-19s! ^_^ 

Well, this years Arcadia rerelease much better and no problems with angles so far. Mechanically it seems the same, but they did something with joints material.

as for copying…

I’m guessing that Arcadia had financial problems … again, and sold VF-19 Kai 3D and mechanics data to Bandai. Because it is not just similar… it is exactly the same. They even copied stuff that is not required due to  parts exchanging during transformation. And they might do something with legs extension in fighter mode, but didn’t bother… etc.

actually VF-0 also seems the same case. Because HMR VF-0 almost identical to Arcadia releases.

Edited by Usagi