19 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Nope, it's Aaron Taylor-Johnson, ie Quicksilver from Age of Ul;tron, plus a decent amount of action movie cred.

This just in, Jared Leto has officially beat the allegations of being in Kraven the Hunter🤣

56 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Like the ones of Ezra?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Or the ones against Til Lindemann, or Johnny Depp, or Marylin Manson or Lewis Black. Where there’s smoke, more often than not it’s just steam at most. If there’s evidence that’s legit, then there might be something going on, but without that it’s just an allegation. 
Ezra was more of an allegation against himself and don’t get me wrong, there are some guilty folks out there, but it’s usually people looking for cash or attention 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Or the ones against Til Lindemann, or Johnny Depp, or Marylin Manson or Lewis Black. Where there’s smoke, more often than not it’s just steam at most. If there’s evidence that’s legit, then there might be something going on, but without that it’s just an allegation. 
Ezra was more of an allegation against himself and don’t get me wrong, there are some guilty folks out there, but it’s usually people looking for cash or attention 

I don't know who Lindemann is... or Lewis Black...

Johnny Depp, ok, we're not talking about mass witnesses and hanging around underage girls... it was a marriage gone wrong with someone who is short of a couple of chocolates in her box. 

Marylin... well, just read up on his views... 

Edited by Raikkonen

8 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

You sure about that?  He's not on the cast list on IMDB or mentioned as being in the film by any news source I can find.

The only context I can find in which he's even mentioned in connection with Kraven the Hunter is statements by sites like ScreenRant and IGN that Kraven the Hunter is the newest film in what's being called the "Sony Spider-Man Universe" (or "SSU").  That Sony-owned shared universe setting somewhat counterintuitively contains zero Spider-Man films but it does contain the two already-released Venom movies, Morbius, and Madame Web, as well as the soon-to-be-released Venom: the Last DanceKraven the Hunter, and an as-of-yet unrevealed Summer 2025 film that may or may not be Spider-Woman or The Sinister Six.  

Leto's own filmography does not list him as being involved in Kraven the Hunter either... the only two projects he's listed on after Morbius are Haunted Mansion and Tron: Ares.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I think it’s the guy that used to play Quick Silver and Kick Ass. Either way, I still don’t care much for Leto

*checks vs current info*

Dammit!!!

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

This just in, Jared Leto has officially beat the allegations of being in Kraven the Hunter🤣

*punts news source, hangs head in shame and hides under coffee table*

*still hates Jared Leto*

Edited by pengbuzz

24 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

*still hates Jared Leto*

What'd he do that earned him everyone's ire, anyway?

Considering the flaws in his prior comic book movie appearances - Suicide SquadJustice League, and Morbius - were down to failures of writing, direction, and visual design I can't imagine him being in a movie like Kraven the Hunter would have a material effect on its quality in and of itself.  It's actually kind of impressive his professionalism didn't permit him to show up and sleepwalk through each scene once he realized the kind of scripts he had to work with.

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

He had an annoying band for starters and I’ve only really liked him in one movie and he wasn’t very memorable to me in that sequel to blade runner. But I think most of the hate comes from his choices as the Joker and the creepy way he treated the other cast members. 

I have no real issues with 30 Seconds to Mars, and I liked Leto in Dallas Buyers Club. He seems to be on a real losing streak though and has become associated with stinkers. Ten years ago I would have been like "Oh, it's got Leto in it?" Now I'd be like "Ugh, it's got Leto in it." A few wins and that would change though.

I went through something similar with Joaquin Phoenix. Remember when he did that stupid "I'm Still Here" movie? He basically 'pretended' to be an awful person for years for Casey Affleck's amusement or something. 

15 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Considering the flaws in his prior comic book movie appearances - Suicide SquadJustice League, and Morbius - were down to failures of writing, direction, and visual design I can't imagine him being in a movie like Kraven the Hunter would have a material effect on its quality in and of itself.  It's actually kind of impressive his professionalism didn't permit him to show up and sleepwalk through each scene once he realized the kind of scripts he had to work with.

He's a disgusting human being, his acting reeks and he has all the performance range of a can of rotted tuna.

22 hours ago, pengbuzz said:
On 8/16/2024 at 11:21 AM, Big s said:

I think it’s the guy that used to play Quick Silver and Kick Ass. Either way, I still don’t care much for Leto

*checks vs current info*

Dammit!!!

It’s ok we all make mistakes, just kinda funny that most people either didn’t care or didn’t know who was even starring in this. That’s probably a bad sign for it’s box office numbers.

5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

He's a disgusting human being, his acting reeks and he has all the performance range of a can of rotted tuna.

I don’t think he’s that bad, just kinda more of a warm batch of canned tuna on a hot day.

His acting ability isn’t the worst, but the odd thing with him is that the directors often give him too much creative control of his characters and nobody wanted Leto the Ghetto Joker.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

It’s ok we all make mistakes, just kinda funny that most people either didn’t care or didn’t know who was even starring in this. That’s probably a bad sign for it’s box office numbers.

IMO, that speaks as much to the lack of visually distinctive characters in comic books and comic book movies as it does to the "Who?" aspect of this minor secondary character from Spider-Man.  It's hard enough to tell the various generically handsome and muscular brown-haired superhero/villain characters apart without their silly outfits.  It helps not at all that the trailer doesn't even make this look like a comic book movie.  It just sort of looks like a Russian John Wick.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

His acting ability isn’t the worst, but the odd thing with him is that the directors often give him too much creative control of his characters and nobody wanted Leto the Ghetto Joker.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Seems a lot of the Joker rumors were false. Method acting, placing rats in costars' RVs, etc.

The rumor that "ghetto Joker" was Leto's idea is also false... codirector David Ayer was the one behind that decision.  He added the tattoos and the grill to Leto's Joker to give the character a "modernized gangster look".